Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dead Pool
Bookmark and Share
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
Dead Pool
time for our annual dead pool in basketball. This is not mean spirited, just a public opinion poll on who you think will not be with the program next year.

My gut tells me...
1- Brady is gone. I like him and think he is a good coach, but In college basketball, the coach = the program. He takes the credit and the blame for everything that happens even though many times things are screwed up by idiot college kids. He is the owner of 3 Juniors that left the program and have left the squad depleted. JMU needs an energizer to boost the program in conjunction with the new Convo construction.

2- Lukic is gone. He was supposed to be a shooter and scorer and in 2 years has been reduced to zero playing time. He deserves a transfer to somewhere he can get some playing time.

3- Dante Sterling is probably gone. Redshirted due to undeveloped skills and a new coach will strongly suggest he transfers so he can bring in his own players.

That's all I have, but as we know from experience we will probably be surprised by something else in the offseason. Perhaps Vodanovich gets busted for running a Meth lab out of his apartment. I've learned not to be surprised by anything.
03-17-2015 08:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bawlmer Duke Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU
RE: Dead Pool
not sure Brady is gone this season. But, i'd wager on Lukic and wouldn't surprise me if Sterling left.
03-17-2015 09:29 PM
JMUNation Offline
All American

Hari Hall.
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2015 09:37 PM by JMUNation.)
03-17-2015 09:37 PM
Bawlmer Duke Offline
1st String

(03-17-2015 09:37 PM)JMUNation Wrote:  Hari Hall.

Tough call...I'm on the fence with him. You think he was healthy but Brady just didn't play him down the stretch?

DNR never got to the bottom of his health (concussion?) issue after the initial report.
03-17-2015 09:45 PM
JMUNation Offline
All American

I just wonder. Gut tells me there is something more.
03-17-2015 09:48 PM
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jmu
Not sure who will transfer if any but I think it's safe to say some guys won't see as many minutes next year- Gray being one, Satkius being another.
03-17-2015 09:48 PM
Advertisement

JMUNation Offline
All American

Depends on who he brings in.
03-17-2015 09:49 PM
Bawlmer Duke Offline
1st String

(03-17-2015 09:48 PM)NJDuke97 Wrote:  Not sure who will transfer if any but I think it's safe to say some guys won't see as many minutes next year- Gray being one, Satkius being another.

Gray was brought in as a scorer...in conference play he hit double figures 4 times. Sure he filled in as the 6th man and brought some intangibles, but I think Brady hoped, based on preseason noise, he would really fill that intangible box of "scorer".
03-17-2015 10:13 PM
JMUNation Offline
All American

Good player but less than advertised.
03-17-2015 10:18 PM
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jmu
hate to pick on him I like his heart and maturity- like you said not as good offensively as we would have hoped- played ok on defense and even mixed it up for rebounds but prone to make some really bad passes.
03-17-2015 10:24 PM
Purple Pilgrim Offline
1st String

(03-17-2015 09:48 PM)NJDuke97 Wrote:  Not sure who will transfer if any but I think it's safe to say some guys won't see as many minutes next year- Gray being one, Satkius being another.

I think that Satkus' minutes depend a great deal on what Cabarkapa decides. We don't have a lot of bodies down low - especially if the speculation above about Hall proves substantive (I have no information indicating that it will)
03-17-2015 10:48 PM
Advertisement

5000DOLLARBILL Offline
Special Teams

How about hitting the restart button, keep Curry, McClean, Morgan, and Yoyo and go find 8 guys playing ball somewhere, anywhere.

Here's an idea. Go to the all-army/navy/airforce tournaments and offer scholarships to the best 8 vets. I'm sure they will be more mature, won't play scared, nor get in stupid off the court trouble.
03-17-2015 11:14 PM
Pipeking18 Offline
Water Engineer

I bet it is going to be hard for Ron to convince himself to stay. If he can get around the sit out a year for transferring thing (which a lot of guys do these days) I don't see why he wouldn't go play for a contender somewhere for his senior season
03-18-2015 08:40 AM
JMUDuke25 Offline
All American

(03-18-2015 08:40 AM)Pipeking18 Wrote:  I bet it is going to be hard for Ron to convince himself to stay. If he can get around the sit out a year for transferring thing (which a lot of guys do these days) I don't see why he wouldn't go play for a contender somewhere for his senior season

This isn't a 36 year old man with one year left in the NBA trying to buy a ring.
03-18-2015 08:42 AM
HolyCityDuke Offline
All American

I Root For: Duke Doge
(03-18-2015 08:40 AM)Pipeking18 Wrote:  I bet it is going to be hard for Ron to convince himself to stay. If he can get around the sit out a year for transferring thing (which a lot of guys do these days) I don't see why he wouldn't go play for a contender somewhere for his senior season

If he leaves that should be the final nail for the Brady years.
03-18-2015 08:43 AM
Pipeking18 Offline
Water Engineer

(03-18-2015 08:42 AM)JMUDuke25 Wrote:  

This isn't a 36 year old man with one year left in the NBA trying to buy a ring.

Not saying he needs a ring or even a tourney appearance, just a year with a couple teammates that can catch a basketball and create their own shots
03-18-2015 08:49 AM
Advertisement

JMUDuke25 Offline
All American

(03-18-2015 08:49 AM)Pipeking18 Wrote:  
(03-18-2015 08:42 AM)JMUDuke25 Wrote:  

Not saying he needs a ring or even a tourney appearance, just a year with a couple teammates that can catch a basketball and create their own shots

He's going to sit out a year and delay graduating for a year just to play one year of basketball somewhere else. Oh okay.
03-18-2015 09:36 AM
ShadyP Offline
Heisman

If JMU is gonna be better Satkus needs less floor time. Just so slow and deliberate. Like watching a sun-dial play basketball.

My Dead-pool
- Brady
- Lukic
03-18-2015 10:16 AM
jmutoml757 Offline
All American

I Root For: jmu

Vodo and Kent need to be role players off of the bench. they have their roles: Vodo should come in and bang under the boards and get some garbage points off of put backs; I would demand that he get his money's worth on every hack of an opponent. He should darn near be drawing blood in the paint. Kent come in at spots to add length to the D or spot up. Lukic and Satkus need to transfer.
03-18-2015 12:58 PM
jmusuperfan Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
[/quote]
Vodo should come in and bang under the boards and get some garbage points off of put backs; I would demand that he get his money's worth on every hack of an opponent. He should darn near be drawing blood in the paint. Kent come in at spots to add length to the D or spot up.[/quote]

ala Ed Nealy with the Chicago Bulls, Bill Laimbeer with the Pistons
03-18-2015 02:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.