Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Obama’s Law School Prof: EPA Is ‘Burning The Constitution’
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
Obama’s Law School Prof: EPA Is ‘Burning The Constitution’
[Image: 303kduq.jpg]

Lawrence Tribe is a well known lib. Surely even the left has to stop and pay attention to what he is saying about one more abuse of the constitution by Obama.....

Quote:President Obama has found himself at odds with his old law school mentor over the Environmental Protection Agency.

Laurence Tribe, a liberal constitutional scholar at Harvard University, told House lawmakers that EPA carbon dioxide regulations are tearing the Constitution apart.

“EPA possesses only the authority granted to it by Congress,” Tribe told lawmakers in a hearing Tuesday. “Its gambit here raises serious questions under the separation of powers… because EPA is attempting to exercise lawmaking power that belongs to Congress and judicial power that belongs to the federal courts.”

“Burning the Constitution should not become part of our national energy policy,” Tribe added.

Tribe, along with other legal and energy experts, appeared before Congress Tuesday to give testimony on the EPA’s “Clean Power Plan” — the agency’s plan to cut carbon dioxide emissions from new and existing power plants. Tribe told lawmakers the CPP is unconstitutional and outside the agency’s authority.

“EPA is attempting an unconstitutional trifecta: usurping the prerogatives of the States, Congress and the Federal Courts all at once,” Tribe told lawmakers.

This is not the first time Tribe criticized the EPA’s power plant rules. In December, Tribe wrote a scathing regulatory comment attacking the Obama administration’s CPP for violating the Fifth and 10th Amendments of the Constitution.

“The [EPA's rule] demonstrates the risk of allowing an unaccountable administrative agency to ‘make’ law and attempt to impose the burden of global climate change on an unlucky and unfortunate few,” wrote Tribe, who is on retainer for the coal company Peabody Energy. “EPA’s singling out of a mere handful of emitters and limiting (or curtailing) their property is exactly the type of overreaching the Fifth Amendment seeks to prevent.”

Coal companies have argued the EPA’s rule will result in more coal-fired power plants being shut down because they would be out of compliance. About a dozen states have also sued the EPA over its power plant rule, saying it infringed on states’ rights.

Despite Tribe’s criticism of the EPA’s regulatory plan, Democratic lawmakers said the plan was legally sound. One Democrat even attacked Tribe’s integrity as a legal scholar.

“You can get Constitutional lawyers on both sides to say anything,” said New Jersey Democratic Rep. Frank Pallone.

The EPA has also rebuffed criticisms of its rule saying the “Supreme Court made clear in 2007, and affirmed recently that EPA has an obligation to limit carbon pollution because it’s a harm to human health,” an EPA spokeswoman told The Daily Caller News Foundation in December.

The EPA’s plan aims to cut power plant emissions 30 percent by 2030. But the agency admits that its regulation will increase electricity retail prices 6.5 percent by 2020 and force 19 percent of U.S. coal-fired capacity to shutdown.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/03/17/obama-...stitution/
03-17-2015 01:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
RE: Obama’s Law School Prof: EPA Is ‘Burning The Constitution’
On the EPA subject....

EPA Wants To Monitor How Long Hotel Guests Spend In The Shower…

Next I guess will be how much time you spend on the toilet seat........

Quote:The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) wants hotels to monitor how much time its guests spend in the shower.

The agency is spending $15,000 to create a wireless system that will track how much water a hotel guest uses to get them to “modify their behavior.”

“Hotels consume a significant amount of water in the U.S. and around the world,” an EPA grant to the University of Tulsa reads. “Most hotels do not monitor individual guest water usage and as a result, millions of gallons of potable water are wasted every year by hotel guests.”

“The proposed work aims to develop a novel low cost wireless device for monitoring water use from hotel guest room showers,” it said. “This device will be designed to fit most new and existing hotel shower fixtures and will wirelessly transmit hotel guest water usage data to a central hotel accounting system.”

The funding is going toward creating a prototype and market analysis for the device. The goal of the project is to change the behavior of Americans when they stay at hotels.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/03/...latestnews
03-17-2015 02:11 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
RE: Obama’s Law School Prof: EPA Is ‘Burning The Constitution’
This makes me want to turn the damn shower on in the hotel room and let it run. I'll change my behavior once I KNOW that the authoritarians are also being monitored for their own usage. But what we usually find is that 'the rules are for thee and not for me.'

If there is a water emergency, such as the drought in Mexi-fornia, that is different and I'd do my part to conserve.

Otherwise, these nannyists can go pound sand.

As for the points that Tribe makes regarding the constitution and the abuses it is taking due to this administration, we all knew that before a liberal said it. It's been rather obvious for all with functioning brain cells and even a basic understanding of the Constitution.

What bugs me is that there are numerous GOP pols that don't give a rip about whether or not something is constitutional, either.
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2015 08:40 PM by MileHighBronco.)
03-17-2015 08:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.