Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What can we do to bring fans together in the AAC
Ramen_Tiger Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis
There seems to be some tension building up the last month. Why are we so angry at each other? Lets try and be more civil starting now. Hey, we are here for the long run.
03-16-2015 10:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
RE: What can we do to bring fans together in the AAC
I extend the olive branch of peace to Ramen Tiger....
03-16-2015 10:30 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
Obviously, the NCAA snub has got everyone on edge and there is truth to the fact that the bottom teams didn't do the top teams any favors. Hopefully, this get addressed in spring meetings. The fans on this board are very well informed. Lets be honest, if we know its a problem, there's a good chance that Aresco and the AD's know its a problem. No reason it cant be addressed and corrected in time for next season. For instance, it didn't take long after Temple had to sit at home (after winning 6 games) before we began to hear talk of another bowl bid in Little Rock. I'm betting this problem gets taken care of as well.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2015 10:37 PM by Attackcoog.)
03-16-2015 10:37 PM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
(03-16-2015 10:37 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Obviously, the NCAA snub has got everyone on edge and there is truth to the fact that the bottom teams didn't do the top teams any favors. Hopefully, this get addressed in spring meetings. The fans on this board are very well informed. Lets be honest, if we know its a problem, there's a good chance that Aresco and the AD's know its a problem. No reason it cant be addressed and corrected in time for next season. For instance, it didn't take long after Temple had to sit at home (after winning 6 games) before we began to hear talk of another bowl bid in Little Rock. I'm betting this problem gets taken care of as well.

The only thing that needs addressing is the fact that the AAC has no representation on the selection committee. There is nothing else that can be done by the conference. Despite your claims to the contrary.
03-16-2015 10:42 PM
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
Trust falls anyone???

Just don't break Larry Brown hip in the process.
03-16-2015 10:46 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(03-16-2015 10:42 PM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  
(03-16-2015 10:37 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Obviously, the NCAA snub has got everyone on edge and there is truth to the fact that the bottom teams didn't do the top teams any favors. Hopefully, this get addressed in spring meetings. The fans on this board are very well informed. Lets be honest, if we know its a problem, there's a good chance that Aresco and the AD's know its a problem. No reason it cant be addressed and corrected in time for next season. For instance, it didn't take long after Temple had to sit at home (after winning 6 games) before we began to hear talk of another bowl bid in Little Rock. I'm betting this problem gets taken care of as well.

The only thing that needs addressing is the fact that the AAC has no representation on the selection committee. There is nothing else that can be done by the conference. Despite your claims to the contrary.

From what Ive read, its only a 10 member committee. That means you will only have someone on the committee about a third of time. Or---put another way---2/3's of the conferences will have no rep on the committee. So, get used to it--MOST of the time--you probably wont have a rep on the committee.

Right now the Pac-12 is the only P-5 not represented. One rep is from BYU---which has no conference, so only 9 actual conferences have a rep on the committee. The A-10 has no rep---seems like they did ok. The Colonial and Big Sky have reps---did it help them?

We just need to fix our issues. There's nothing we can do about the other stuff.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2015 11:11 PM by Attackcoog.)
03-16-2015 11:02 PM
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
Fried chicken
03-16-2015 11:08 PM
tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
(03-16-2015 10:42 PM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  

Yep, it's easy to push us down with no voice. Do you think anyone on the selection committee would oppose Temple being left out? It saves asses to be on that committee.

That being said, after OOC play I think most of us felt it was a 2 bid league. It was better, but this was a down year. I we all said that. IMO next year should be a statement year in both football (could be the following year) and basketball. Every member is doing the right things and trying to improve. This little league has upside and I'm excited to see it play out. Go AAC, and you all suck!
03-16-2015 11:08 PM
Knightbengal Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
Representation certainly helped the mwc. Anyway it doesn't help matters when folks troll. Quite frankly I haven't posted as much lately because of that and the uber negativity displayed by some posters. I personally think this spirals into pissing contests which I detest. The other thing is I wish people would quit poo pooing the league every chance they get. Frankly if we want to have a discussion about an issue facing the league fine, but don't tear it down in every post. Finally, don't allow posters to stir the pot continuously. People are allowed to express opinions but there are those who continue to spew the same bs. This is a voluntary board provided for us to discuss subjects relative to our teams and conference. It is not provided as a place to tear down eachothers programs or scream about how fans wish they weren't associated with the rest of us. If you feel that way it's obviously bothering you so don't post. Most of us don't want to hear it and we come here as a way to connect with fans from all over to discuss relevant topics. Stepping off my soapbox now
03-16-2015 11:35 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
(03-16-2015 11:08 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Fried chicken

I don't know what that has to do with this, But I love some chiggggen.
03-17-2015 12:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
bunch of wussies
03-17-2015 12:53 AM
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
Nobody wants to be in this conference.
03-17-2015 06:34 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(03-17-2015 06:34 AM)firmbizzle Wrote:  Nobody wants to be in this conference.

A more truthful and succinct comment has never been posted on this board.
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2015 06:44 AM by rath v2.0.)
03-17-2015 06:38 AM
uccheese Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
If the 2 problems are representation and scheduling, I have no sympathy until we fix the problem that is within our control (scheduling).

As many have said before, in the minds of the committee and the computers, it is better to schedule tough games and lose them than to not schedule them. As a result, you basically get as many free shots at good wins as you want. Choosing not to schedule accordingly to inflate records leaves certain teams with what they deserve.
03-17-2015 06:51 AM
uccheese Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats

I don't know about nobody. It's still probably just as good or better than the CUSA that some teams knew a few years ago.
03-17-2015 06:53 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
(03-17-2015 06:53 AM)uccheese Wrote:  

I don't know about nobody. It's still probably just as good or better than the CUSA that some teams knew a few years ago.

Ok. Maybe Tulsa & Tulane want to be in this conference.
03-17-2015 06:59 AM
Advertisement

BIgCatonProwl Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston Cougars
It's a marathon not a sprint, to build this conference.
03-17-2015 07:24 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
I fear that its built.
03-17-2015 07:28 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(03-17-2015 07:24 AM)BIgCatonProwl Wrote:  It's a marathon not a sprint, to build this conference.

This is it dude...what you see is what you get.

We are "as is".

You think hordes of blue chips are going to be rushing to join teams in this conference....that just got two ncaa bids!?!? lol

or how about football, "Hey come join the AAC, we are one of the better G5's!!"

Yeah...its built already. There is no "building".
03-17-2015 07:41 AM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
The conference needs some good news. Perhaps SMU can make a good run in the NCAA. Or perhaps something on the tv money front. Or a decent bowl game announcement.

I'm being realistic about UC's chances in the NCAA - if they get by Purdue they will have to play UK, and since nobody else has beaten them this year I'm going to go out on a limb and say UC would have a difficult time doing that.
03-17-2015 07:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.