Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Big East 12, Awfully Crappy Conference 8
zibby Offline
All American

I Root For:
Big East 12, Awfully Crappy Conference 8
ACC-> 04-chairshot <-Big East

And this after a 7-3 curbstomping in football.

But don't worry, ACC fans. Your legendary ability to maintain your air of superiority in the face of crushing reality will pull you through this.
03-25-2007 06:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
Re: Big East 12, Awfully Crappy Conference 8
zibby Wrote:ACC-> 04-chairshot <-Big East

But don't worry, ACC fans. Your legendary ability to maintain your air of superiority in the face of crushing reality will pull you through this.
lmfao lmfao 02-13-banana 02-13-banana
03-25-2007 06:34 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati

But. . .but. . .but. . .conference expansion/raiding was going to make the ACC the equal of the SEC and Big Ten! ACC basketball can't be beat! ACC Football was going to be unstoppable! The Big football was going to suck! lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao
03-25-2007 06:36 PM
Magic Knight Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Despite the year the ACC had in football, they are still setup better than the BE for the long term. There is no talk about splitting even BC is happy being in that conference. Just like the BE had the upperhand last year on the ACC, you all are forgetting that the ACC had the upperhand in 2004 and 2005 against the BE. Anything can happen year to year, coaching changes, seniors graduations, juniors leaving early, and injuries to key players. ESPN is not making ACC teams play any weekday game other than Thursday.
03-25-2007 07:17 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

Magic Knight Wrote:Despite the year the ACC had in football, they are still setup better than the BE for the long term. There is no talk about splitting even BC is happy being in that conference. Just like the BE had the upperhand last year on the ACC, you all are forgetting that the ACC had the upperhand in 2004 and 2005 against the BE. Anything can happen year to year, coaching changes, seniors graduations, juniors leaving early, and injuries to key players. ESPN is not making ACC teams play any weekday game other than Thursday.

Since realignment was compete in 2005-2006 the ACC had the upper hand that year in Football BUT the Big East had the upper hand in Basketball.

In 2006-2007 the Big East kicked the ACC asses all over the field and court.
03-25-2007 07:21 PM
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
Re: Big East 12, Awfully Crappy Conference 8
zibby Wrote:ACC-> 04-chairshot <-Big East

Not to mention Rutgers knocking off overall #1 seed Duke in the women's tournament to get to the Elite 8.

Karma?

If so, I hope it lasts for at least 2 more years. ;-)

Cheers,
Neil
03-25-2007 07:29 PM
Advertisement

zibby Offline
All American

I Root For:

Magic Knight Wrote:Anything can happen year to year, coaching changes, seniors graduations, juniors leaving early, and injuries to key players.

You go right ahead and make all the excuses you want, Skippy. That's what losers do. Your boys got their collective asses kicked. Deal with it.
03-25-2007 07:37 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati

Magic Knight Wrote:Despite the year the ACC had in football, they are still setup better than the BE for the long term. There is no talk about splitting even BC is happy being in that conference. Just like the BE had the upperhand last year on the ACC, you all are forgetting that the ACC had the upperhand in 2004 and 2005 against the BE. Anything can happen year to year, coaching changes, seniors graduations, juniors leaving early, and injuries to key players. ESPN is not making ACC teams play any weekday game other than Thursday.

Blah, blah, blah. That excuse has been used for the last 4 years.
03-25-2007 07:37 PM
Magic Knight Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

CatsClaw Wrote:

Who by the BE? You all just finally had one season that you all won most of the head to head matchups. You all seems forget what happen before this season. VT beat both UL and WVU in the 2005. UM beat UL in 2004, the BE used UL credits for the 2004, FSU beat WVU also that year. As we seen anything can happen year to year. I did not hear anything about the top recruits choosing USF(BE) over UM & FSU (ACC) in recruiting for football. USF had a better record than both teams this year, however both teams finished with top 20 recruiting classes.
03-25-2007 08:07 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

Magic Knight Wrote:
CatsClaw Wrote:

Who by the BE? You all just finally had one season that you all won most of the head to head matchups. You all seems forget what happen before this season. VT beat both UL and WVU in the 2005. UM beat UL in 2004, the BE used UL credits for the 2004, FSU beat WVU also that year. As we seen anything can happen year to year.

It seems you left off the 103-14 ass whipping Louisville put on UNC for 2 of those years.

Fact is this, this year and likely next year the Big East will be putting ass whooping on the ACC on a regular basis and the funny thing is the ACC tried to put the Big East out of business.
03-25-2007 08:15 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators

Magic Knight Wrote:
CatsClaw Wrote:

Who by the BE? You all just finally had one season that you all won most of the head to head matchups. You all seems forget what happen before this season. VT beat both UL and WVU in the 2005. UM beat UL in 2004, the BE used UL credits for the 2004, FSU beat WVU also that year. As we seen anything can happen year to year.

Yep, anything can happen and it did, the BE beatup on theAcc in bb and fb. Who would have thunk it? ;-) After having to endure all of you folks coming over here and telling us how awful the BE is a couple of years ago, and telling us how we're going to lose the bcs, and just having a good ole time about it. Why are you so overly concerned about what we post over here after having so much success at the hands of the Acc? The Acc afterall is the league that almost destroyed the BE, whether it was intentional or not, that is what happened. So we are reveling in the fact that Karma is ..... If you absolutely can't stand it, then I suggest that you go back to the Cusa board or the Acc board, or whatever turns you on. 04-rock
03-25-2007 08:22 PM
Advertisement

CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

You have to love a UCF ACC lapdog that visits to get down on his knees for a league his team isn't even in.
03-25-2007 08:26 PM
Magic Knight Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Maize Wrote:
Magic Knight Wrote:
CatsClaw Wrote:

It seems you left off the 103-14 ass whipping Louisville put on UNC for 2 of those years.

Fact is this, this year and likely next year the Big East will be putting ass whooping on the ACC on a regular basis and the funny thing is the ACC tried to put the Big East out of business.
lmfao That is very funny, the future is not etched in stone. That is why they play the game.
03-25-2007 08:28 PM
Magic Knight Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

cuseroc Wrote:
Magic Knight Wrote:
CatsClaw Wrote:

Yep, anything can happen and it did, the BE beatup on theAcc in bb and fb. Who would have thunk it? ;-) After having to endure all of you folks coming over here and telling us how awful the BE is a couple of years ago, and telling us how we're going to lose the bcs, and just having a good ole time about it. Why are you so overly concerned about what we post over here after having so much success at the hands of the Acc? The Acc afterall is the league that almost destroyed the BE, whether it was intentional or not, that is what happened. So we are reveling in the fact that Karma is ..... If you absolutely can't stand it, then I suggest that you go back to the Cusa board or the Acc board, or whatever turns you on. 04-rock
Did Cuse beat Clemson the other night at home. lmfao
03-25-2007 08:30 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators

Magic Knight Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:
Magic Knight Wrote:
CatsClaw Wrote:

Did Cuse beat Clemson the other night at home. lmfao

Nope, but Georgetown beat UNC, Marquette beat Duke, etc.... 12-8 is the final stat for this season against the Acc. Who did UCF beat btw? What postseason tourney did UCF play in? 03-yawn

Do you realize how stupid you look trying to talk bb smack to a Cuse fan? Even more pathetic you have to live thru another team to try and smack. Just Pitiful. 03-melodramatic
03-25-2007 08:32 PM
JIM15068 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Go back to your fantasy world of wrestling. The acc intended to destroy The BIGEAST and, instead, appears to be the lesser conference.

In all fairness, relating to the NC/GTwn game, they are both great teams and either could have won. However, I'll never shed any sympathy for a parasitic conference such as the acc.

Jim
03-25-2007 08:33 PM
Advertisement

Magic Knight Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

CollegeCard Wrote:You have to love a UCF ACC lapdog that visits to get down on his knees for a league his team isn't even in.
First of all, I could less if the BE split or expand or not. Living in Florida, the BE is not as strong as the SEC or the ACC. FSU and UM will continue to get the top recruits in Florida over USF as this year proved it. Both teams made some coaching changes which will put them on pace to return back to top 10 or 15 finishes. That is all.
03-25-2007 08:35 PM
Magic Knight Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

JIM15068 Wrote:

Go back to your fantasy world of wrestling. The acc intended to destroy The BIGEAST and, instead, appears to be the lesser conference.

In all fairness, relating to the NC/GTwn game, they are both great teams and either could have won. However, I'll never shed any sympathy for a parasitic conference such as the acc.

Jim
I guess for one year, just like the BE was for two years. lmfao
03-25-2007 08:37 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators

Magic Knight Wrote:
CollegeCard Wrote:You have to love a UCF ACC lapdog that visits to get down on his knees for a league his team isn't even in.
First of all, I could less if the BE split or expand or not. Living in Florida, the BE is not as strong as the SEC or the ACC. FSU and UM will continue to get the top recruits in Florida over USF as this year proved it. Both teams made some coaching changes which will put them on pace to return back to top 10 or 15 finishes. That is all.
And USF will continue to get better recruits than UCF and USF will continue to smack you guys around on the fb field. Your pathetic in your smack.
03-25-2007 08:37 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators

Magic Knight Wrote:
JIM15068 Wrote:

Jim
I guess for one year, just like the BE was for two years. lmfao

Tell us about Cusa this past season, and tell us why you have to live thru other teams in a completely different league to attempt smack. 01-wingedeagle
03-25-2007 08:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.