Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SBC Women's Championships AState vs UALR
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Winner goes to the NCAA, loser hopes for an At Large bid on Monday. These two teams combined for 34 league wins, and 50 overall wins, while holding RPI's in the top 50. They split their two meetings this year decided by 1 and 2 points respectively

AState leads 15-14 at the first media timeout...they are on pace to pass the ULM/GS game by halftime.
03-14-2015 07:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

RE: SBC Women's Championships AState vs UALR
UALR leads AState 43-38 after a wild first half.
03-14-2015 07:53 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
I am pulling for Ark. St. to win simply because if they do I think we get 2 women's teams into the NCAAs.
03-14-2015 08:09 PM
Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

I Root For: Troy
Pulling for Ark St as well.

I'm not a Troy fan because of wins and losses.
03-14-2015 08:21 PM
chiefsfan Offline

AState up 53-49 with 12 minutes left.. This has been an intense game, much like the rivalry between our schools. Just a reminder, these are the only instate teams that play each other on a regular basis. So, two Arkansas teams in the final of a tournament is unheard of.,
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2015 08:25 PM by chiefsfan.)
03-14-2015 08:24 PM
SkullyMaroo Online

I Root For: South Alabama
Congrats UALR. Final score 78-72. Make a run in the NCAA Tourney! Good luck!
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2015 08:58 PM by SkullyMaroo.)
03-14-2015 08:56 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

Boyer's streak of getting us to the cusp of going to the big dance, and then losing tragically continues.
03-14-2015 09:03 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
I'm hoping for a WNIT invite tomorrow
03-14-2015 09:05 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
Looks like maybe 3 SB women's teams in the post-season. I am hoping for 2 in the NCAAs.
03-14-2015 09:33 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(03-14-2015 09:05 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  I'm hoping for a WNIT invite tomorrow

Tournament is announced Monday.

You need to be rooting like hell for AState and its 45 RPI to be good enough to merit an At Large Selection to the NCAA's. If that happens, you guys get an automatic bid to the WNIT. If not, we get the automatic bid to the WNIT, and you guys are waiting for an at large...
03-14-2015 10:01 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
There are 32 at-large spots in the women's NCAA Tournament, AState has the 28th highest RPI of the teams in the at-large pool.

In other words we get a 5 second mention as first or second out. That would give AState the WNIT auto berth, but I think Troy still gets picked up at-large by WNIT.
03-16-2015 01:53 PM
Advertisement

Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

(03-16-2015 01:53 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  There are 32 at-large spots in the women's NCAA Tournament, AState has the 28th highest RPI of the teams in the at-large pool.

In other words we get a 5 second mention as first or second out. That would give AState the WNIT auto berth, but I think Troy still gets picked up at-large by WNIT.

I hope you are right about Troy.

03-16-2015 02:52 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

(03-16-2015 02:52 PM)Hemi Man Wrote:  
(03-16-2015 01:53 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  There are 32 at-large spots in the women's NCAA Tournament, AState has the 28th highest RPI of the teams in the at-large pool.

Troy should be OK, there are a few schools that could push Troy to the bubble of the WNIT via auto bid but there are usually a couple of at-large selections who decline an invite to help offset that.
03-16-2015 03:27 PM
mjs Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
(03-14-2015 10:01 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(03-14-2015 09:05 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  I'm hoping for a WNIT invite tomorrow

You need to be rooting like hell for AState and its 45 RPI to be good enough to merit an At Large Selection to the NCAA's. If that happens, you guys get an automatic bid to the WNIT. If not, we get the automatic bid to the WNIT, and you guys are waiting for an at large...

It would be nice if you got in, and pushed Arkansas out with their 6-10 conference record. But, I'm really afraid the opposite will happen.

Just wondering Chiefsfan, did you feel like your girl's "blew it". As UALR fans we felt like it was our "great" defense that pulled out the victory at the end. I was thinking if I were in your shoes I would have blamed the girls for turnovers and sloppy play in the last few minutes. Gault and Dawn could not hit an outside shot, in the second half, and there's no way we would have won without the turnovers that led to easy layups.
03-16-2015 03:48 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

(03-16-2015 03:48 PM)mjs Wrote:  

It would be nice if you got in, and pushed Arkansas out with their 6-10 conference record. But, I'm really afraid the opposite will happen.

Just wondering Chiefsfan, did you feel like your girl's "blew it". As UALR fans we felt like it was our "great" defense that pulled out the victory at the end. I was thinking if I were in your shoes I would have blamed the girls for turnovers and sloppy play in the last few minutes. Gault and Dawn could not hit an outside shot, in the second half, and there's no way we would have won without the turnovers that led to easy layups.

We lost at App by one, at UALR by 2, Florida Gulf Coast by six, and laid an egg at Colorado, Louisiana, and TXST. Win any one of those and AState is sitting pretty comfortable even with the loss in the finals.

With that many chances to have locked it up, no reason to focus on the finals.
03-16-2015 04:53 PM
Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

(03-16-2015 03:27 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(03-16-2015 02:52 PM)Hemi Man Wrote:  

Troy should be OK, there are a few schools that could push Troy to the bubble of the WNIT via auto bid but there are usually a couple of at-large selections who decline an invite to help offset that.

Fingers crossed here. I would feel better if Ark St got in the NCAA tourney though.

03-16-2015 05:05 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

(03-16-2015 03:48 PM)mjs Wrote:  

No, we blew it weeks earlier when we lost at App State, or when we got pounded by the Cajuns and Colorado.

Though I was not happy with our ball handling in the 2nd half. Especially after we started on that early run to take the lead.
03-16-2015 05:25 PM
chiefsfan Offline

We didn't make it. Several questionable one's like Tulane and LSU did though.

UALR is an 11 seed facing 6th seeded Texas A&M. That's not a great draw.
03-16-2015 06:57 PM
Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

You nailed it.

03-16-2015 06:58 PM
chiefsfan Offline

WNIT announces it's field in about an hour. Bracket will not come out till a few hours later.
03-16-2015 07:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.