UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

This board has become very depressing.
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
This board has become very depressing.
I know the football stuff is important so I am not trying to downplay the current situation. But my God, the young Blazers just won a very important and exciting basketball game tonight and reading this you would think the game wasn't even played.

I may be asking too much but couldn't some of the football talk be moved to the Bar and Grille Board?
03-12-2015 11:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlazerHam Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
RE: This board has become very depressing.
Unlikely, it isn't just about football. It affects every sport, Conference affiliation & a lot more.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2015 11:27 PM by BlazerHam.)
03-12-2015 11:26 PM
BlazerGold09 Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
Admins should block all this bull **** bickering about football until basketball is done. It's counter productive and embarrassing. Shut up and support our basketball team. The fire ray Watts chants are stupid. Get on board with motivating this team or shut up.
03-12-2015 11:29 PM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

You're right its very depressing and frustrating. But as Blazer Ham stated it literally affects everything about our athletic program.
03-12-2015 11:29 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(03-12-2015 11:24 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  I know the football stuff is important so I am not trying to downplay the current situation. But my God, the young Blazers just won a very important and exciting basketball game tonight and reading this you would think the game wasn't even played.

I may be asking too much but couldn't some of the football talk be moved to the Bar and Grille Board?

Cajun is about to question whether you are a BOT plant and call for the moderators to ban you.
03-12-2015 11:38 PM
BlazintheATL Offline
All American

Agreed. It's basketball season!
03-12-2015 11:38 PM
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Odd. I see lots of threads about basketball.
03-12-2015 11:39 PM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-12-2015 11:29 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  You're right its very depressing and frustrating. But as Blazer Ham stated it literally affects everything about our athletic program.

Can it be discussed on the Bar and Grille Board though?
03-12-2015 11:40 PM
kdblazer Offline
All American

(03-12-2015 11:40 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 11:29 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  You're right its very depressing and frustrating. But as Blazer Ham stated it literally affects everything about our athletic program.

Can it be discussed on the Bar and Grille Board though?

If we don't regain some level effective leadership at UAB this message board will all that's left my friend.
03-12-2015 11:44 PM
CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

(03-12-2015 11:29 PM)BlazerGold09 Wrote:  Admins should block all this bull **** bickering about football until basketball is done. It's counter productive and embarrassing. Shut up and support our basketball team. The fire ray Watts chants are stupid. Get on board with motivating this team or shut up.

If you only care about in the basketball team, then by all means just read the basketball threads and ignore everything else, but for most of us, this isn't fantasy island where we can shut out nasty reality on command. And you better get over your problem with the "Fire Ray Watts" chant because you are going to hear it a lot tomorrow night and hopefully at the Championship game as well.

While you are at it, try to enjoy the basketball team while you can because if Watts takes away all hope of getting football back and we get thrown out of the conference as a result, you may not see our head coach or some of our young players again next year.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2015 12:03 AM by CajunBlazer.)
03-12-2015 11:59 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(03-12-2015 11:59 PM)CajunBlazer Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 11:29 PM)BlazerGold09 Wrote:  Admins should block all this bull **** bickering about football until basketball is done. It's counter productive and embarrassing. Shut up and support our basketball team. The fire ray Watts chants are stupid. Get on board with motivating this team or shut up.

If you only care about in the basketball team, then by all means just read the basketball threads and ignore everything else, but for most of us, this isn't fantasy island where we can shut out nasty reality on command. And you better get over your problem with the "Fire Ray Watts" chant because you are going to hear it a lot tomorrow night and hopefully at the Championship game as well.

While you are at it, try to enjoy the basketball team while you can because if Watts takes away all hope of getting football back and we get thrown out of the conference as a result, you may not see our head coach or some of our young players again next year.

Haase has not given any indication he is looking to leave. Where would he go anyway. He isn't a hot commodity. Some people here sound like they are hoping he and some players leave to make their argument stronger.

By the way, it is hard to read only basketball only threads when some have titles like "Bad News"

And no one has said they "only care about the basketball team". That is you putting words in people's mouths like you so often do.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2015 12:10 AM by Memphis Blazer.)
03-13-2015 12:08 AM
Advertisement

BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
Depression may not be the right word for what we are experiencing. It may be simple anxiety over so many unanswered questions for which we can't get firm answers. We know that the football program has been terminated, BUT we don't know the ultimate results of that action regarding the status of our other sport's programs.

Conference affiliation after July 1st, 2015?
What level will that conference be linked with if different?
State legislative action for or against our plight by May 30th?
What group will eventually review the Carr Report?
Can we have confidence in its report?
Will UAB remain the perpetual hostage held by the unchanged system BOT?
Will the BOT want more than "the pound of flesh" it has already taken or is more to come?

And these questions are just the beginnings of our anxiety over what comes next.
03-13-2015 12:12 AM
notnow Offline
1st String

Where's Ray Watts!
03-13-2015 12:16 AM
BlazintheATL Offline
All American

Let's win this tournament and then we will talk all about football. After the NCAAs of course.
03-13-2015 12:37 AM
JeffUAB Offline
Special Teams

(03-12-2015 11:59 PM)CajunBlazer Wrote:  

Agree. Watts as UAB president is an existential threat to all UAB athletics. The entire administration of the university is a sham for as long as he is there. UAB sporting events are one of the very best places to vocally protest this. I think it is very clear that the coaches and athletes understand that our "Fire Ray Watts" chants are part of our support of all athletics.
03-13-2015 01:00 AM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
You did notice that the basketball team took the floor wearing uniforms that simply said "Birmingham", right? Did you think this was unintentional?

I'm sorry that people being hurt and angry about football, people who are fighting for the life of our athletic department and the soul of UAB, offend your sensibilities so and spoil your basketball game. If football stays gone we're going to be playing in the Sun Belt or the A-Sun or something. Try a couple of seasons of that and then get back to me on how bad things are now, why don't you?
03-13-2015 01:25 AM
Advertisement

BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

UAB Basketball best success came in the Sun Belt Conference. I'm done with it. I can enjoy basketball and any other UAB Sports without having to chat about it here.

Y'all do what you have to do.
03-13-2015 01:33 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

(03-13-2015 01:25 AM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  You did notice that the basketball team took the floor wearing uniforms that simply said "Birmingham", right? Did you think this was unintentional?

I'm sorry that people being hurt and angry about football, people who are fighting for the life of our athletic department and the soul of UAB, offend your sensibilities so and spoil your basketball game. If football stays gone we're going to be playing in the Sun Belt or the A-Sun or something. Try a couple of seasons of that and then get back to me on how bad things are now, why don't you?

The thing is that CUSA is only a few baby steps above some of those conferences. It won't be the gigantic and dramatic drop that some of you think.

That is the fearmongering that is happening.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2015 01:41 AM by Memphis Blazer.)
03-13-2015 01:40 AM
UABGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:
This brouhaha is the biggest issue to hit our program ever and should be on everyone's lips and ears that care about this program.
03-13-2015 03:25 AM
UABslant Offline

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
If it's Blazer sports-related, it can remain on the main board. We are all adults on this board (even though some of us don't act like it sometimes) and you have the ability to decide which threads you read. The Bar & Grill is for threads unrelated to UAB athletics & Blazer fan activities/events.

The reality is that the future of our athletic program and our future in C-USA is on the tip of a majority of fans' tongues at the C-USA tournament... and it's not just the UAB fans. Regardless of the outcome of the bills in Montgomery, this is a pivotal time for UAB as a university and for its athletic program.
03-13-2015 07:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.