UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bad News
CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
Bad News
The last thing I want to do is be the one to dump on everyone' parade following a great victory, but I see no mention of this on the board and I think everyone should know.

Now I have to preference this: I have this information from a very good source, but I am still hoping it is a mistake and someone misunderstood or something of the like.

The initial word was that Watts told the task force that they cannot hire OSKR to do the study. That last thing that I heard is that Watts has put the entire task force on hold while he does his "due diligence".

If true, and I am afraid it might me, this b*stard has sunk to new lows. The task force was his idea. He picked each and every member himself. He tasked them to hire the firm. Now that he can see that its not going to turn out well for him, he shuts them down. How outrageous can it get before even the BOT fires him.

The only silver lining I can see is that he just made our job in Montgomery infinitely easier.
03-12-2015 09:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

kdblazer Offline
All American

RE: Bad News
His ASS is grass!
03-12-2015 09:36 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

His due diligence must include doubling his security staff.
03-12-2015 09:38 PM
nicknitro19 Offline
Special Teams

How can he? The task force was/is completely independent of him. Watts might be upset, but this is out of his hands. Unless he is refusing to approve the contract with OSKR.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2015 09:41 PM by nicknitro19.)
03-12-2015 09:40 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
The way I see it is that it would have been a mistake to pick a firm that had already questioned the Carr report in the first place. That is just giving him the justification to reject the Committee's recommendation if it went against his wishes. He could say that the firm was biased.

If the Carr report is bogus, a completely objective firm would come to the same conclusion and he would not have his reason to reject.

If it is true that he is saying they can't choose that firm (which I still question if it is true), then it might be for the best in the long run.
03-12-2015 09:43 PM
Blazer85 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB Blazers
Bad News
If he wants to make it completely obvious that he continues to micromanage and even dictate to these task forces he created, then I don't see why he would make this move.

Watts is backing himself further and further into a corner. He needs to accept his defeat and move on because UAB folks will not let this end. And his life is going to be exceptionally uncomfortable the deeper this gets.
03-12-2015 09:45 PM
Advertisement

nicknitro19 Offline
Special Teams

One biased report for the biased Carr Report. Most of the other firms were biased against us from what I heard.
03-12-2015 09:47 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
This has no validity until someone on the committee comes out and says that is what happened. Good sources don't cut it. Is someone just trying to fire up the masses?
03-12-2015 09:48 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(03-12-2015 09:48 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  This has no validity until someone on the committee comes out and says that is what happened. Good sources don't cut it. Is someone just trying to fire up the masses?

Just like UAB was shutting down football had no validity?
CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

(03-12-2015 09:40 PM)nicknitro19 Wrote:  How can he? The task force was/is completely independent of him. Watts might be upset, but this is out of his hands.
I still hope it isn't true, but can't disregard the source. No one ever said that the task force was "independent" though we may have assumed it was. I guess if he can form a committee he can put it on hold or disband it.

If he actually did this, he and his puppet masters must be running real scared because this is truly desperate effort on their part. I have already alerted John Archibald - I would think the press would have a hay day with this. This reignite the FreeUAB movement like nothing before.
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

"but I see no mention of this on the board and I think everyone should know."

Cajun, there is a whole thread on the subject and being discussed in another thread. Just like the ticket thread, you don't think it is officially a thread unless you start it.
03-12-2015 09:51 PM
Advertisement

B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

Wasn't Schwarz hired last weekend? I bet he is halfway through with it!
03-12-2015 09:52 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

A thread is not a thread until stadium certificates are brought up.
03-12-2015 09:52 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(03-12-2015 09:43 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  If it is true that he is saying they can't choose that firm (which I still question if it is true), then it might be for the best in the long run.

Absolutely. It would be a gods-sent gift to rally our people to even greater fury. Even Clay and Rick couldn't be stupid enough to let this happen.

If the report's true, or if the Watzis planted the rumor (and I don't believe they have the skills to run a disinformation campaign, or they would have done it already) it's probably a ham-fisted attempt to derail the season-ticket drive. Which has already derailed the media campaign fund drive; they just gave that one new life, too.

This is one that won't stay silent; between the task force and OSKR we'll know if this is true within hours.
03-12-2015 09:53 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

If the rumor was planted, my bet is it was planted by the freeuab side to get people fired up again.
03-12-2015 09:54 PM
CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

(03-12-2015 09:48 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  This has no validity until someone on the committee comes out and says that is what happened. Good sources don't cut it. Is someone just trying to fire up the masses?

I am not like you. I wouldn't put my brother Blazers though this if I didn't believe it had some validity. I don't care for your insinuation and I have had just about enough of your BS. I am all for free speech, but the mods need to consider whether or not you are an asset or a detriment to this board at this critical time.
03-12-2015 09:54 PM
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

(03-12-2015 09:54 PM)CajunBlazer Wrote:  

I am not like you. I wouldn't put my brother Blazers though this if I didn't believe it had some validity. I don't care for your insinuation and I have had just about enough of your BS. I am all for free speech, but the mods need to consider whether or not you are an asset or a detriment to this board at this critical time.

I didn't insinuate you were the one who put the information out there. Get over yourself.
03-12-2015 09:56 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(03-12-2015 09:54 PM)CajunBlazer Wrote:  

I kind of agree MB. Cajun is just trying to help and you are being an ass toward him at every turn.
03-12-2015 09:56 PM
nicknitro19 Offline
Special Teams

(03-12-2015 09:48 PM)CajunBlazer Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 09:40 PM)nicknitro19 Wrote:  How can he? The task force was/is completely independent of him. Watts might be upset, but this is out of his hands.
I still hope it isn't true, but can't disregard the source. No one ever said that the task force was "independent" though we may have assumed it was. I guess if he can form a committee he can put it on hold or disband it.

If he actually did this, he and his puppet masters must be running real scared because this is truly desperate effort on their part. I have already alerted John Archibald - I would think the press would have a hay day with this. This reignite the FreeUAB movement like nothing before.

It has been alluded to me, that the Alumni Society can do something about President Watts. What that something is however I have no idea. In my opinion, this something was enough for Watts to form the committee to reevaluate his decision.
03-12-2015 09:57 PM
Hopeful Offline
Special Teams

It still sounds crazy to me.

I don't understand how the task force was granted autonomy only to have it revoked when they make a decision he didn't like. Even more ridiculous is that he of all people is questioning the credibility of a firm when he's the least trustworthy person on campus. If they wanted his input, then they would have asked him. If the administration won't pay for the review, then the committee should open this up to donations or the like.

It could just be a misunderstanding, but I learned early on you can't underestimate anything when Dr. Watts is involved.
03-12-2015 10:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.