Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Some guy on twitter is claiming that there are only 62 fans at the AAC tournament??!!
BE4evah Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Big East
Some guy on twitter is claiming that there are only 62 fans at the AAC tournament??!!
[Image: B_622JqWAAA39KW.jpg:large]

https://twitter.com/Angry99Banner

Angry 1999 Banner @Angry99Banner ·
I'm a veteran of multiple MAAC and America East Tournaments and have never seen a crowd this small. Even for St. Peter's.
0 replies 1 retweet 0 favorites
Reply Retweet1 Favorite
More

I know that there are some programs in the AAC without a ton of fans, but there can't be this few at a conference tournament?? Is this guy just playing a joke on us? Is there anyone that there that can put a lie to this??
03-12-2015 03:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

vcoog Offline
All American

I Root For: UH
RE: Some guy on twitter is claiming that there are only 62 fans at the AAC tournament??!!
(03-12-2015 03:10 PM)BE4evah Wrote:  [Image: B_622JqWAAA39KW.jpg:large]

I'm a veteran of multiple MAAC and America East Tournaments and have never seen a crowd this small. Even for St. Peter's.
Reply Retweet1 Favorite
More

I know that there are some programs in the AAC without a ton of fans, but there can't be this few at a conference tournament?? Is this guy just playing a joke on us? Is there anyone that there that can put a lie to this??

Pics don't lie... I don't know a single UH fan who made the tournament.. teams from the bottom half have no energy left here.. and it's not like Connecticut has a thriving alum bade from any of the schools not named Uconn..no surprises here.
03-12-2015 03:18 PM
thefinglonger Offline
2nd String

I Root For: The Proletariat
RE: Some guy on twitter is claiming that there are only 62 fans at the AAC tournament??!!
I counted at least 80, common man.
03-12-2015 03:19 PM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
This is why the tournament being in CT is a dumb idea. I hate home court tourneys.
03-12-2015 03:21 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
The UCONN troll is back. Nothing to see here.
03-12-2015 03:25 PM
chess Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska
I have a number of tournaments on in my office. Many look empty. The crowd size isn't because the game is played in Connecticut. The small crowd is because tournaments that used to be Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, like the old ACC tournament, are played from Wed-Sun to accommodate the larger conferences. Taking off Friday is one thing. Taking off 5 days is another.

These tournaments should die and be replaced by an expanded NCAA tournament. Kentucky, Virginia, Duke, etc... have nothing to prove. Last place Furman, who played in their conference championship game, does.
03-12-2015 03:34 PM
Advertisement

bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
(03-12-2015 03:34 PM)chess Wrote:  I have a number of tournaments on in my office. Many look empty. The crowd size isn't because the game is played in Connecticut. The small crowd is because tournaments that used to be Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, like the old ACC tournament, are played from Wed-Sun to accommodate the larger conferences. Taking off Friday is one thing. Taking off 5 days is another.

These tournaments should die and be replaced by an expanded NCAA tournament. Kentucky, Virginia, Duke, etc... have nothing to prove. Last place Furman, who played in their conference championship game, does.

I've always said the NCAA tournament starts with the league tournaments. The winner moves on to the round of 64 (68 now I guess).
03-12-2015 03:36 PM
chess Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska
(03-12-2015 03:36 PM)bearcatfan Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 03:34 PM)chess Wrote:  I have a number of tournaments on in my office. Many look empty. The crowd size isn't because the game is played in Connecticut. The small crowd is because tournaments that used to be Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, like the old ACC tournament, are played from Wed-Sun to accommodate the larger conferences. Taking off Friday is one thing. Taking off 5 days is another.

I've always said the NCAA tournament starts with the league tournaments. The winner moves on to the round of 64 (68 now I guess).

If you are ECU, UCF, Connecticut, Houston, etc..., you are correct. If you are SMU, Tulsa, Cincinnati, and Temple, the tournament is just an exhibition to get ready for the tournament.

I would like to experience a "Hoosiers" tournament where all qualify and the winners advance.
03-12-2015 03:41 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
We go from madison square garden to this. Awesome!
03-12-2015 03:50 PM
TU MoFo Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: TU
RE:Tournament
(03-12-2015 03:50 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  We go from madison square garden to this. Awesome!

If you feel that strongly about it, there's still a conference tournament at the Garden.

Just remember to check your football team and P5 aspirations at the door.
03-12-2015 03:54 PM
rtaylor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bearcats
(03-12-2015 03:50 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  We go from madison square garden to this. Awesome!

Yep, freaking dumpster!03-nerner03-nerner03-nerner03-nerner03-nerner03-nerner03-nerner03-nerner03-nerner03-nerner03-nerner
03-12-2015 03:55 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Bwahahahah!

Is be laughing my ass off at that if it was someone else's conference. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
03-12-2015 04:00 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
(03-12-2015 03:10 PM)BE4evah Wrote:  [Image: B_622JqWAAA39KW.jpg:large]

Reply Retweet1 Favorite
More

You are a petty, little man. And you suck.
03-12-2015 04:01 PM
rtaylor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bearcats
(03-12-2015 04:00 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Bwahahahah!

Is be laughing my ass off at that if it was someone else's conference. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Mmmmmmm.... Love me some gander.
03-12-2015 04:06 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

Why are people mad at the guy reporting...its not his fault there are 5 people there including the dude walking around selling popcorn.
03-12-2015 04:07 PM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
(03-12-2015 04:07 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  Why are people mad at the guy reporting...its not his fault there are 5 people there including the dude walking around selling popcorn.

I'm fine with the reporter but the OP ***** on UCONN whenever he gets a chance
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2015 04:09 PM by Pony94.)
03-12-2015 04:09 PM
Advertisement

Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
I like that the censors and filters have been removed apparently
03-12-2015 04:10 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

(03-12-2015 04:10 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  I like that the censors and filters have been removed apparently

Yeah...we are the AAC, we had to drop the censor/filter package...out of our price range.
03-12-2015 04:14 PM
BE4evah Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Big East
I understand why some people make hurtful remarks towards others. When you lose control and feel powerless over a hopeless situation, it's understandable to attack. I guess that's just human nature.

Here's to hoping that bullies once forgiven will become friends.
03-12-2015 04:15 PM
3rdWardCoog Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UH
Who is there or plan on going that have posted?
03-12-2015 04:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.