Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Future Basketball Schedule
Bookmark and Share
slasher016 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: No one
I'm trying to fill in some of the blanks, this is what I think I know for 2015-2016:

Home
Michigan

Road
VCU
San Diego State
Xavier

Neutral
2 of the following:
  • George Washington
  • Nebraska
  • Tennessee

Are there any confirmed match-ups I'm missing?

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2015 02:57 PM by slasher016.)
03-12-2015 02:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BcatMatt13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats
RE: Future Basketball Schedule
I don't think they play @ San Diego State. That was a one time thing as a payment for San Diego State backing out of a football game a couple of years ago.

03-12-2015 03:18 PM
Ash_UCATS Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UC
Even I have no idea. I've asked several times with no response...lol

03-12-2015 03:50 PM
Flying Bearcat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Who I wnt 2 win
I think our opponent in that matchup is Tennessee. I am not positive on it though.

03-12-2015 04:00 PM
cinbinsportsfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
I believe the Barclay's Center Classic also includes 4 other teams in addition to GW, Nebraska, Tenn you mentioned. But I don't think those have been named yet.

03-13-2015 07:42 AM
UCBearcat4ever Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats
(03-12-2015 03:18 PM)BcatMatt13 Wrote:  I don't think they play @ San Diego State. That was a one time thing as a payment for San Diego State backing out of a football game a couple of years ago.

Correct

(03-13-2015 07:42 AM)cinbinsportsfan Wrote:  I believe the Barclay's Center Classic also includes 4 other teams in addition to GW, Nebraska, Tenn you mentioned. But I don't think those have been named yet.

Correct 4 mid majors tba, UC will play 2 games on campus before Brooklyn

(03-12-2015 04:00 PM)Flying Bearcat Wrote:  I think our opponent in that matchup is Tennessee. I am not positive on it though.

Match Ups haven't been set yet

03-13-2015 02:52 PM
Advertisement

UCBearcat4ever Offline
All American

(03-12-2015 02:56 PM)slasher016 Wrote:  I'm trying to fill in some of the blanks, this is what I think I know for 2015-2016:

Home
Michigan

Has it been confirmed UC hosts Michigan next season, haven't seen anything public that UC would host first game of series

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2015 02:57 PM by UCBearcat4ever.)
03-13-2015 02:56 PM
BearcatShane09 Offline
1st String

(03-13-2015 02:56 PM)UCBearcat4ever Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 02:56 PM)slasher016 Wrote:  I'm trying to fill in some of the blanks, this is what I think I know for 2015-2016:

Home
Michigan

Has it been confirmed UC hosts Michigan next season, haven't seen anything public that UC would host first game of series's

I can't find it online but I'm certain I've heard Bohn say we would be hosting Michigan next year and I have a hard time believing we would go to VCU, Xavier and Michigan without one solid home game.

03-13-2015 07:06 PM
Cat-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Better keep the non-conf schedule strong. I didn't realize this league rated even below the A-10! Good gawd!! 03-weeping

Davis: UC recruiting strong, regardless of league
Tom Groeschen, tgroeschen@enquirer.com 4:43 p.m. EDT March 13, 2015

HARTFORD, Conn. – The University of Cincinnati is closing in on its fifth consecutive NCAA men's basketball tournament bid, but UC associate head coach Larry Davis was asked this week if the Bearcats can maintain that level while playing in the American Athletic Conference.

Meaning, Davis was asked on a pre-AAC tournament coaches teleconference this week if recruiting is more of a challenge for UC in the AAC, a so-called "non-power" league, as opposed to the Bearcats' days in the "power" Big East.

UC found itself out of the Big East and relegated to the AAC last year, after the most recent conference realignments.

Davis' response?

"The way we sell it is that we're Cincinnati. We've always been a national program. It didn't matter what league we were in. We were always either in or near the Top 20 most years. We sell the fact that we're a high-level program, we're going to be on TV and be relevant at NCAA time and be relevant in the Top 25."

UC entered Friday night's AAC quarterfinal against UConn (at Hartford's XL Center) with a 22-9 record. The Bearcats have six wins over Top-50 RPI teams and are assured an NCAA bid regardless, according to national analysts Joe Lunardi (ESPN) and Jerry Palm (CBS Sports).

Palm rates the AAC only No. 8 in his CBSSports.com Conference RPI, behind the Big 12, Big East, Atlantic Coast, Big Ten, Southeastern, Pacific 12 and Atlantic 10.

Such reality is also one reason why UC head coach Mick Cronin deliberately upgraded the Bearcats' non-league schedule this season.

UC's non-league games have included Ole Miss, Nebraska, San Diego State, VCU and North Carolina State. Noteworthy wins included a road victory at NC State, a win over then-No. 19 San Diego State, and two wins over fellow AAC team SMU – including on the road when SMU was ranked No. 23.

Next year's schedule is not out yet, but Cronin has said he again plans to load up with tough non-league games. With the AAC power ranking being what it is, Cronin knows UC needs some good wins outside the league. Cronin remains sidelined from games for medical reasons but is expected back on the bench in the 2015-16 season.

As for recruiting, UC's 2015 class was rated No. 5 in the AAC and No. 46 nationally by 247Sports.com.

UC in November announced the signings of Jacob Evans, Justin Jenifer and Tre Scott.

A glance:

- Evans, a 6-foot-6, 210-pound forward from Baton Rouge, La., a consensus four-star prospect and was listed as a Top 100 prospect according to Rivals.com and Scout.com.

- Jenifer, a 5-10, 160-pound point guard from Baltimore, was a Top 100 selection by 247Sports and a three-star talent and Top 150 player by Rivals.

- Scott, a 6-7, 203-pound forward from Darien, Ga., is listed as a three-star prospect by 247 Sports, Scout, Rivals and ESPN.

UC behind the scenes has been working to leave the AAC, with the Big 12 the Bearcats' best hope. Such negotiations take place with great secrecy, but with nothing apparently imminent, UC will continue to compete in the AAC.

"Obviously the Big East had some great selling points," Davis said. "But as our league progresses, with good coaches and good teams and guys that can recruit, our league is going to get better and better."

RALLYCATS UPDATE: The UC RallyCats may not be in Hartford en masse, but there will be pockets of the student booster group cheering the Bearcats at the AAC tournament this weekend.

A crowd of 100-plus RallyCats caused quite a stir in New Orleans on Feb. 28, essentially taking over Tulane's arena with their cheering during a 63-47 Bearcats win. UC players went over and thanked the RallyCats after the game, and Cronin was so pleased that he rewarded the RallyCats with free pizza when they returned to Cincinnati.

"Unfortunately, RallyCats won't be going to Hartford this weekend as a group due to a variety of reasons (finances, spring break)," Spencer Gates, President-elect of the RallyCats, told The Enquirer via email. "I do know some will be making the journey in smaller groups."

Gates said the RallyCats are in talks with the UC athletics office to possibly take a trip to the first/second round of the NCAA tournament, depending on where the Bearcats play.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/c.../70240468/

03-13-2015 07:50 PM
UCBearcat4ever Offline
All American

Quote:@GreggDoyelStar: Butler AD Barry Collier told me BU and Cincinnati are arranging a home-and-home that would begin next season at UC, 2016-17 at Hinkle.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2015 11:24 PM by UCBearcat4ever.)
03-21-2015 10:59 PM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
(03-21-2015 10:59 PM)UCBearcat4ever Wrote:  @GreggDoyelStar: Butler AD Barry Collier told me BU and Cincinnati are arranging a home-and-home that would begin next season at UC, 2016-17 at Hinkle.

Love it.

03-21-2015 11:01 PM
Advertisement

Billy_Bearcat Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
(03-21-2015 10:59 PM)UCBearcat4ever Wrote:  @GreggDoyelStar: Butler AD Barry Collier told me BU and Cincinnati are arranging a home-and-home that would begin next season at UC, 2016-17 at Hinkle.

Great pick up. High RPI and local.

03-21-2015 11:01 PM
Former Lurker Offline
All American

I Root For: UC...who else?
(03-13-2015 07:50 PM)Cat-Man Wrote:  Better keep the non-conf schedule strong. I didn't realize this league rated even below the A-10! Good gawd!! 03-weeping

Davis: UC recruiting strong, regardless of league
Tom Groeschen, tgroeschen@enquirer.com 4:43 p.m. EDT March 13, 2015

HARTFORD, Conn. – The University of Cincinnati is closing in on its fifth consecutive NCAA men's basketball tournament bid, but UC associate head coach Larry Davis was asked this week if the Bearcats can maintain that level while playing in the American Athletic Conference.

Meaning, Davis was asked on a pre-AAC tournament coaches teleconference this week if recruiting is more of a challenge for UC in the AAC, a so-called "non-power" league, as opposed to the Bearcats' days in the "power" Big East.

UC found itself out of the Big East and relegated to the AAC last year, after the most recent conference realignments.

Davis' response?

"The way we sell it is that we're Cincinnati. We've always been a national program. It didn't matter what league we were in. We were always either in or near the Top 20 most years. We sell the fact that we're a high-level program, we're going to be on TV and be relevant at NCAA time and be relevant in the Top 25."

UC entered Friday night's AAC quarterfinal against UConn (at Hartford's XL Center) with a 22-9 record. The Bearcats have six wins over Top-50 RPI teams and are assured an NCAA bid regardless, according to national analysts Joe Lunardi (ESPN) and Jerry Palm (CBS Sports).

Palm rates the AAC only No. 8 in his CBSSports.com Conference RPI, behind the Big 12, Big East, Atlantic Coast, Big Ten, Southeastern, Pacific 12 and Atlantic 10.

Such reality is also one reason why UC head coach Mick Cronin deliberately upgraded the Bearcats' non-league schedule this season.

UC's non-league games have included Ole Miss, Nebraska, San Diego State, VCU and North Carolina State. Noteworthy wins included a road victory at NC State, a win over then-No. 19 San Diego State, and two wins over fellow AAC team SMU – including on the road when SMU was ranked No. 23.

Next year's schedule is not out yet, but Cronin has said he again plans to load up with tough non-league games. With the AAC power ranking being what it is, Cronin knows UC needs some good wins outside the league. Cronin remains sidelined from games for medical reasons but is expected back on the bench in the 2015-16 season.

As for recruiting, UC's 2015 class was rated No. 5 in the AAC and No. 46 nationally by 247Sports.com.

UC in November announced the signings of Jacob Evans, Justin Jenifer and Tre Scott.

A glance:

- Evans, a 6-foot-6, 210-pound forward from Baton Rouge, La., a consensus four-star prospect and was listed as a Top 100 prospect according to Rivals.com and Scout.com.

- Jenifer, a 5-10, 160-pound point guard from Baltimore, was a Top 100 selection by 247Sports and a three-star talent and Top 150 player by Rivals.

- Scott, a 6-7, 203-pound forward from Darien, Ga., is listed as a three-star prospect by 247 Sports, Scout, Rivals and ESPN.

UC behind the scenes has been working to leave the AAC, with the Big 12 the Bearcats' best hope. Such negotiations take place with great secrecy, but with nothing apparently imminent, UC will continue to compete in the AAC.

"Obviously the Big East had some great selling points," Davis said. "But as our league progresses, with good coaches and good teams and guys that can recruit, our league is going to get better and better."

RALLYCATS UPDATE: The UC RallyCats may not be in Hartford en masse, but there will be pockets of the student booster group cheering the Bearcats at the AAC tournament this weekend.

A crowd of 100-plus RallyCats caused quite a stir in New Orleans on Feb. 28, essentially taking over Tulane's arena with their cheering during a 63-47 Bearcats win. UC players went over and thanked the RallyCats after the game, and Cronin was so pleased that he rewarded the RallyCats with free pizza when they returned to Cincinnati.

"Unfortunately, RallyCats won't be going to Hartford this weekend as a group due to a variety of reasons (finances, spring break)," Spencer Gates, President-elect of the RallyCats, told The Enquirer via email. "I do know some will be making the journey in smaller groups."

Gates said the RallyCats are in talks with the UC athletics office to possibly take a trip to the first/second round of the NCAA tournament, depending on where the Bearcats play.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/c.../70240468/

The conference doesn't affect recruiting too much in BB. Huggins and Catlett recruited better to the Metro/GM/CUSA than Cronin did to the BE. And Huggins recruited better to Cincinnati than to WVU.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2015 11:16 AM by Former Lurker.)
03-22-2015 11:15 AM
Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
UC returning the trip to VCU on 12/19/15 at the Siegel center.

per Jon Rothstein, CBS Sports twitter

03-25-2015 01:42 PM
CincyBro Offline
All American

I Root For: " NO GOR "
So far, if they get GW in the Barclays tourney, there is no P-5 teams on our schedule. While I know this isn't football, can't believe we might not play any opponent from a P-5 conf.

03-25-2015 06:06 PM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

Pretty sure we play 2 games in the Barclays.

03-25-2015 06:42 PM
Advertisement

Flying Bearcat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Who I wnt 2 win
Don't we play Michigan at home next season?

03-25-2015 06:43 PM
bearcatlawjd2 Offline
All American

(03-25-2015 06:06 PM)CincyBro Wrote:  So far, if they get GW in the Barclays tourney, there is no P-5 teams on our schedule. While I know this isn't football, can't believe we might not play any opponent from a P-5 conf.

Cats will play two out of three from Nebraska, Tennessee, and George Washington. Those two power five schools are still worse than VCU, Butler, and Xavier. Heck even UConn, Memphis, Temple, SMU, and Tulsa should be better than most power five schools next year.

03-25-2015 06:45 PM
HoosierCat Offline
Water Engineer

If true, our schedule will be great for the RPI.

Dan Hoard retweeted
Dan Rieffer ‏@drieffer 13h13 hours ago
Murray St. coach Steve Prohm says he and Mick Cronin are trying to get a Cincy @ Murray game set and on ESPN networks.
24 retweets 11 favorites
Reply Retweet24 Favorite11
More

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2015 10:18 PM by HoosierCat.)
03-29-2015 10:18 PM
BearcatShane09 Offline
1st String

Power five opponents don't carry nearly as much weight in basketball as they do in football. A schedule of @VCU, @Xavier, Butler, @Murray State and the Barclays Classic wiil be a really solid OOC schedule. You might be able to add Michigan to that list but no one seems to have the answer on that, I'm getting the feeling Butler is replacing that game but we'll see.

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2015 10:59 PM by BearcatShane09.)
03-29-2015 10:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.