DePaul
Bookmark and Share
stever20 Online
Legend

I Root For: Sports
DePaul
Interesting:
jeffborzello Jeff Borzello
Eli Cain has announced his commitment to DePaul.

One would think if Purnell was on his way out- news like this wouldn't be coming out...
03-11-2015 03:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hoyas Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Georgetown
RE: DePaul
wrong stever20. Purnell resigned today.
03-14-2015 03:34 PM
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
i dont like to see people lose their job but this is best for depaul
03-14-2015 06:30 PM
stever20 Online
Legend

yeah I agree. will be interesting to see the replacement.
03-14-2015 06:33 PM
hoops22 Offline
Banned

I Root For: big east
Wonder if they go after Ben Howland. Heard some talking head bring up his name earlier.
03-14-2015 10:53 PM
Advertisement

stever20 Online
Legend

(03-14-2015 10:53 PM)hoops22 Wrote:  Wonder if they go after Ben Howland. Heard some talking head bring up his name earlier.

saw someone bring up that their last 2 hires were guys that old- Wainright and Purnell. So would kind of think that would kind of scare them off that way.
03-14-2015 10:58 PM
stever20 Online
Legend

I wonder if DePaul may go after Bobby Hurley. Would make the Marquette/DePaul rivalry pretty interesting one would think.
03-14-2015 11:33 PM
trephin Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
I think hurley would be a good pick and maybe one of the few non chicagoland coaches with a chance to succeed. i've said this before, but, i wonder if it's too much of a risk for him. if he has designs on possibly succeeding K then maybe its better to continue to get more HC experience in a situation at a lower level. Better to be successful at a lower level / unproven at a higher level rather than risk struggling / losing at a higher level.

I'm not convinced on Howland... not sure you'd want someone who turned you down once before either.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2015 12:08 AM by trephin.)
03-15-2015 12:07 AM
stever20 Online
Legend

(03-15-2015 12:07 AM)trephin Wrote:  I think hurley would be a good pick and maybe one of the few non chicagoland coaches with a chance to succeed. i've said this before, but, i wonder if it's too much of a risk for him. if he has designs on possibly succeeding K then maybe its better to continue to get more HC experience in a situation at a lower level. Better to be successful at a lower level / unproven at a higher level rather than risk struggling / losing at a higher level.

I'm not convinced on Howland... not sure you'd want someone who turned you down once before either.

yeah I'm not sure they go with the old guy route either. 2 straight ones that didn't go well at all.

You may be right about Hurley- but then again, I think he's got to be thinking a guy that would be just north of him at DePaul looks like he's got Marquette set for a really stellar run- and if that comes to fruition, he's not going to have a chance to replace K either way.
03-15-2015 12:13 AM
Advertisement

Hoyas Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Georgetown
Hurley would be really interesting. If he could recruit like Wojo has at Marquette, that is a big game changer.
03-15-2015 12:21 AM
trephin Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
there's a more than wojo who could return to Duke. I'm just not sure if Hurley wouldn't be the most favored son.

it would be interesting if they both coached in the conference.

I see Drew being a popular fan choice but i wonder why he would leave his alma mater and a place where his family is likely revered

i do wonder if either DePaul or Crean would be interested if he gets fired
03-15-2015 12:27 AM
stever20 Online
Legend

(03-15-2015 12:27 AM)trephin Wrote:  there's a more than wojo who could return to Duke. I'm just not sure if Hurley wouldn't be the most favored son.

it would be interesting if they both coached in the conference.

I see Drew being a popular fan choice but i wonder why he would leave his alma mater and a place where his family is likely revered

i do wonder if either DePaul or Crean would be interested if he gets fired

Yeah I agree with you about Wojo. My point for Hurley is sticking at Buffalo, he's probably not going to even be all that viable for Duke. If he goes to DePaul and builds them up, he's getting in the discussion at least.

Crean would be interesting. Considering I saw on ESPN that right now they're the dreaded 1st team out, that could seal his fate. I don't know what DePaul would think taking a guy who just got fired because he wasn't doing well enough.
03-15-2015 12:30 AM
trephin Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
If Crean does get fired, that in itself shouldn't be as large of an issue. There has been plenty of public debate on whether Crean should be fired or deserves the criticism he's receiving.

A stepping stone program may be needed, but success at Buffalo combined with his reputation could be enough for Hurley to be the anointed successor.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2015 12:42 AM by trephin.)
03-15-2015 12:36 AM
Advertisement

stever20 Online
Legend

(03-15-2015 12:36 AM)trephin Wrote:  If Crean does get fired, that in itself shouldn't be as large of an issue. There has been plenty of public debate on whether Crean should be fired or deserves the criticism he's receiving.

Yeah. I don't think he gets fired. If he does, I think he'd be a good fit- knowing the private school culture from being at Marquette. Would definitely add a spice to the rivalry. Considering DePaul has only 2 seniors this year- they could be a lot quicker fix for next year than folks think. Wouldn't be that automatic rebuild year like what Wojo had I would think..
03-15-2015 12:40 AM
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
Hurley is trying to get Buffalo (or as it says on their uniforms, New York) into the B1G he aint going anywhere! 05-stirthepot
03-15-2015 11:06 AM
stever20 Online
Legend

Looks like Ben Howland favorite now at Miss St.
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ppi-state/

Not that much of a surprise to me.
03-22-2015 05:34 PM
stever20 Online
Legend

ESPNAndyKatz Andy Katz
Howland tried to get Marquette and Virginia Tech a year ago but to no avail. Miss State can pay him enough. Makes sense if it gets done.
ESPNAndyKatz Andy Katz
Howland wanted a job at a major football school. Programs can flip quickly and move up in the SEC below Kentucky and normally Florida.
03-23-2015 08:55 AM
stever20 Online
Legend

Sounds like Howland has been hired at Mississippi St.

Wonder who for DePaul. My guess still is Bobby Hurley from Buffalo.
03-23-2015 11:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.