Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Little Rock Bowl
gulfcoastgal Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Little Rock Bowl
RedWolfReport.com ‏@RedWolfReport 10m10 minutes ago
http://Jonesborosun.com showing a bowl game to be played in Little Rock. Sun Belt v. American athletic conference. Thoughts? As soon next yr.

Looks like it might happen. Would be surprised if it is strictly SBC/AAC and not a G5 rotating pool bowl.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2015 07:50 AM by gulfcoastgal.)
03-11-2015 07:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AGuyIn_Water Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UCF
RE: Little Rock Bowl
What?
03-11-2015 07:43 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
Who the hell wants that bowl?
03-11-2015 08:13 AM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
These games against the sbc, mac, and c-USA are brutal. How many aac fans will travel to Arkansas to watch a game against the sbc? I wished we used some of that warchest to form a bowl with a payout to attract the p5.
03-11-2015 08:15 AM
MemphisTigerFreak Offline
Fear God, Not Man

I Root For: Memphis
Little Rock = the pits
03-11-2015 08:27 AM
HP-TBDPITL Offline
All American

I Root For: College Sports
Well...fans at Houston and SMU were clamoring for a western bowl...there it is.

Likely a rotation of SMU, Houston, Tulsa or Memphis.

Fits well within the Sun Belt's western footprint as well, ULM, ULL, Arkansas St...
03-11-2015 08:30 AM
Advertisement

Ramen_Tiger Offline
Banned

There is an Arkansas State fan giddy with excitement about this on our board. He thinks this will help deprecate Arkansas State from the rest of the G5.
03-11-2015 09:02 AM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

I Root For: UCF
Garbage
03-11-2015 09:03 AM
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
So its between New England or Little Rock.

I remember we were told we passed on the Nola Bowl because we didn't want a Sunbelt opponent. I said that was a mistake at the time. Now it appears we will likely have not one--but two bowls against the Sunbelt and I have to ask---if your going to play the Sunbelt, would you rather play them in Little Rock or New Orleans? I like that Aresco got us a number of bowls against the P5, but it was apparant to anyone with eyes that we were going to need some low end western bowls as well. Sure wish we had locked up Nola as one of our annual destinations. I hope we correct that in the next round of bowl negotiations.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2015 09:10 AM by Attackcoog.)
03-11-2015 09:04 AM
baruna falls Offline
All American

Wow, why? I am a fan of Aresco, but what in the world is this. I am guessing that AAC Presidents and AD's were asking for another bowl game to make help create the illusion that a 6-6 AAC team should go to a bowl game. This helps keep coach's and AD jobs. Aren't we at the point however, in which fans can smell the stench of a bowl game like this from miles away?

At least schedule something with the MWC. Hope this is not true. I really do.
03-11-2015 09:10 AM
First Mate Offline
1st String

(03-11-2015 07:34 AM)gulfcoastgal Wrote:  RedWolfReport.com ‏@RedWolfReport 10m10 minutes ago
http://Jonesborosun.com showing a bowl game to be played in Little Rock. Sun Belt v. American athletic conference. Thoughts? As soon next yr.

Looks like it might happen. Would be surprised if it is strictly SBC/AAC and not a G5 rotating pool bowl.

I hope it's not true. We don't need anymore meaningless bowls against conferences not in the P5
03-11-2015 09:10 AM
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(03-11-2015 09:04 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  So its between New England or Little Rock.

I remember we were told we passed on the Nola Bowl because we didn't want a Sunbelt opponent. I said that was a mistake at the time. Now it appears we will likely have not one--but two bowls against the Sunbelt and I have to ask---if your going to play the Sunbelt, would you rather play them in Little Rock or New Orleans? I like that Aresco got us a number of bowls against the P5, but it was apparant to anyone with eyes that we were going to need some low end western bowls as well. Sure wish we had locked up Nola as one of our annual destinations. I hope we correct that in the next round of bowl negotiations.

Yep the New Orleans bowl was one this league should have gone for as a low end bowl game. In terms of destination it's the best of all the low level bowls.
03-11-2015 09:17 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Well...we're not thrilled about playing some 6-6 AAC team if you want to know the honest truth, but Little Rock and Arkansas State have been trying to get this bowl started for 2 years now. Sun Belt hits 6 eligible every year basically, and we only have 4 tie ins. A 5th set game was needed. The real question was going to be whether CUSA or the AAC would be the opponent.

Little Rock has basically an unused stadium that they need money for. Razorbacks play there once a season, but Little Rock doesn't have a College Football program, so outside of High Schools paying to lease it for their Championships, there are no other tennants. It may not be a scenic destination, but it's close enough that teams have a chance to not lose a ton of money on it.
03-11-2015 09:21 AM
ECUPirated Offline
NAPALMINATOR

I Root For: American Rising
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...bowl-games

This article from 2013 mentions the Little Rock (Rice Bowl) as a possibility, but showed it as Sunbelt v MAC, so who knows...........
03-11-2015 09:25 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(03-11-2015 09:02 AM)Ramen_Tiger Wrote:  There is an Arkansas State fan giddy with excitement about this on our board. He thinks this will help deprecate Arkansas State from the rest of the G5.

Why do you guys listen to Seminole Indian?
03-11-2015 09:26 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(03-11-2015 09:25 AM)ECUPirated Wrote:  http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...bowl-games

This article from 2013 mentions the Little Rock (Rice Bowl) as a possibility, but showed it as Sunbelt v MAC, so who knows...........

That game went to Montgomery and became the Camelia Bowl.
03-11-2015 09:28 AM
Advertisement

Ramen_Tiger Offline
Banned

(03-11-2015 09:26 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(03-11-2015 09:02 AM)Ramen_Tiger Wrote:  There is an Arkansas State fan giddy with excitement about this on our board. He thinks this will help deprecate Arkansas State from the rest of the G5.

He stays glued to our board.
03-11-2015 09:29 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(03-11-2015 09:29 AM)Ramen_Tiger Wrote:  
(03-11-2015 09:26 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

He stays glued to our board.

He's a troll...and very good at what he does

Better you than us I guess. Might want to note there's a reason he doesn't post on our board anymore.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2015 09:35 AM by chiefsfan.)
03-11-2015 09:34 AM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
We already have 8 bowls going forward. We don't need another bowl, unless Aresco plans on using this as a bargaining chip to trade away for a better opponent in another bowl, such as BYU last year. If not, then it's not needed.
03-11-2015 09:34 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(03-11-2015 09:21 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Well...we're not thrilled about playing some 6-6 AAC team if you want to know the honest truth, but Little Rock and Arkansas State have been trying to get this bowl started for 2 years now. Sun Belt hits 6 eligible every year basically, and we only have 4 tie ins. A 5th set game was needed. The real question was going to be whether CUSA or the AAC would be the opponent.

Little Rock has basically an unused stadium that they need money for. Razorbacks play there once a season, but Little Rock doesn't have a College Football program, so outside of High Schools paying to lease it for their Championships, there are no other tennants. It may not be a scenic destination, but it's close enough that teams have a chance to not lose a ton of money on it.

For me playing the Sun-Belt vs playing current C-USA is 6 in one and half dozen the other. Aside from Southern Miss and Marshall there's not a single team left in C-USA that ECU has any real history with. My only question about this is why wouldn't the AAC have been more active in trying to get the New Orleans bowl which is a clearly better bowl and destination than this will be?
03-11-2015 09:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.