Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Congrats Temple
TheEastisPurple Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB Football
Congrats Temple
Obviously I wanted my Pirates to win, but now that it's over and we lost, I'm glad your tourney hopes are still alive. Good luck the rest of the way. I hope you make the dance and represent the AAC well. 04-cheers
03-05-2015 09:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

owlfan2272 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Temple Owls
RE: Congrats Temple
Thanks bud, ECU is building in basketball keep at it. Very thankful to get a win out of Minges it hasn't happened for many this year
03-05-2015 09:38 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
Good game ECU
03-05-2015 09:45 PM
Advertisement

GLinPa Offline
Bench Warmer

Thank you. Cant wait to get to a game at Dowdy-Ficklen.
03-05-2015 09:55 PM
TempleOwl21 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: TEMPLE
I really felt this game was one we could easily lose....just fortunate we pulled it out against a rising ECU squad.
03-05-2015 10:53 PM
Advertisement

Cecil_B_DeMoore Offline
Special Teams

(03-05-2015 09:35 PM)TheEastisPurple Wrote:  Obviously I wanted my Pirates to win, but now that it's over and we lost, I'm glad your tourney hopes are still alive. Good luck the rest of the way. I hope you make the dance and represent the AAC well. 04-cheers

I aspire to good sportsmanship. That being said; last year when Temple was terrible and wasn't expected to win, I still fumed and hissed and hated every loss. I could copy and paste your post (replacing Pirates for Owls) the next time Temple loses to whomever, but in my case it would actually mean to say...

I hate you!!!!!

... and for about 2 hours, that's how I would feel.

I guess I am saying that I appreciate your goodhearted post, and that I hope one day to be human enough to return the favor when ECU hands Temple regular whippings on their way to being a major player in NC basketball. The whippings are inevitable; my goodheartedness not so much.

Til then, I'll work on it.
03-06-2015 12:09 AM
fishpro1098 Offline
All American

Thank you. I see ECU and all the American AC teams on the rise. This will be a good BB league.

03-06-2015 01:42 AM
Advertisement

TheEastisPurple Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB Football
(03-06-2015 12:09 AM)Cecil_B_DeMoore Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 09:35 PM)TheEastisPurple Wrote:  Obviously I wanted my Pirates to win, but now that it's over and we lost, I'm glad your tourney hopes are still alive. Good luck the rest of the way. I hope you make the dance and represent the AAC well. 04-cheers

I aspire to good sportsmanship. That being said; last year when Temple was terrible and wasn't expected to win, I still fumed and hissed and hated every loss. I could copy and paste your post (replacing Pirates for Owls) the next time Temple loses to whomever, but in my case it would actually mean to say...

I hate you!!!!!

... and for about 2 hours, that's how I would feel.

I guess I am saying that I appreciate your goodhearted post, and that I hope one day to be human enough to return the favor when ECU hands Temple regular whippings on their way to being a major player in NC basketball. The whippings are inevitable; my goodheartedness not so much.

Til then, I'll work on it.

Haha, I wasn't always this way trust me. I used to have quite the anger management issue. It took some work, but I can say it is worth it. Even if all I am feeling is anger, I just fake it til I make it. It puts me in a better mood quicker than if I just dwell on how angry I am and how much whatever just happened sucked. Especially if it is something I can't change.
03-06-2015 02:53 AM
GLinPa Offline
Bench Warmer

CecilBMoore, I am exactly the same. Even as I've gotten older and am supposedly mature, I hate losing. That said, certain losses are far more painful than others. Who the opponent is usually dictates this.
I cant say that I look forward to the day that ECU beats us, but i bear them no animus.
03-06-2015 05:57 AM
Advertisement

k-vegasbuc Offline
1st String

I Root For:
The thing I loved about Temple was how much they hustled. The would just crash the boards and were able to get a lot of tap ins and put backs. On defense they were relentless as well. I just love watching teams that play like that. Good luck to you guys and you certainly look like a legitimate tourney team to me.
03-06-2015 09:27 AM
ultraviolet Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
If ECU wants to model itself in basketball then Temple is the 'template'. When our players display the toughness and savvy of the Owls, a top ten all time winning program, then I'll know we're going to be OK.
03-06-2015 09:51 AM
Cecil_B_DeMoore Offline
Special Teams

First off, thanks for the support. I am otherwise a normal and well-adjusted person who has serious sports demons and Temple BB is my biggest Albatross. I get crazy and can't think straight.

I vowed (to myself) to stay positive during the Uconn game and even post a positive comment if Temple lost. That loss didn't happen, so I can't say if I could have risen to the occasion.

I will say that during the game I made a strong effort to appreciate the play of the opposition rather than trying to blame anyone or anything (My team's woes and or "bad luck", ref calls, other team's "good luck") and just tried to appreciate the battle between honest determined competitors. It kind of worked. It was a different experience. That (and a token) might will get me to the higher ground next loss. I hope to get there.

BTW. I am a big fan of this conference and am proud of the company we keep. I feel that way even after a loss. We in the American are the wretched refuse and that is Temple to a "T"
03-07-2015 05:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.