Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New rules
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
New rules
Since we're talking about the stipends, COA rules gong forward and who can/can't/won't pay and should have to drop down to FCS because of it, here's my wishlist of rules that should go along with it...separating the big boys from the little boys:
1. Your program can't pay the stipends so it must drop down to FCS.
2. Your program accepts Non-Qualifiers, it must stop that or you have to drop down to FCS.
3 Your program doesn't own its own stadium and plays in an NFL stadium, you must either build your own stadium, or move down to FCS.

The following schools would be in serious jeopardy of dropping down to FCS or drop football all together, and their not all 'G5" schools either!
-All the schools that can't or won't pay for the new stipends. At least half of the G5
-Marshall (accepts NQ's)
-Pitt, Miami, San Diego St, USF,Temple and a couple other CUSA/Sun Belt schools better build that stadium or shut down. (The first 5 mentioned would never drop to FCS)
My opinion. Looking forward to yours.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2015 02:43 PM by billybobby777.)
03-04-2015 02:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TheEastisPurple Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB Football
RE: New rules
I don't agree with any of that but that's just me. If you can compete you can compete and if you can't you can't. Even then I'm kind of against forcing teams down to FCS.

Other than accepting NQs I don't think any of those things negatively effect other programs or give that program an unfair advantage.

What if the arbitrary rule for who could participate was endowment or something like that? There are plenty of places where ECU (and others) are way behind but continue to compete.

You are also going to affect a lot of schools who are able to remain but are going to lose a bunch of conference mates.

Some schools do more with less and some do less with more. That's just the way it is. If money was the only determining factor, UNC could easily make random rules to relegate ECU to FCS, yet here we are destroying them in back to back years.

Stephen Igoe over on Hoist The Colours just did an article detailing how far behind ECU is financially compared to some of the top AAC schools and other regional opponents (VT, WVU, USCe, NCSU, UNC) and how we have still be able to be competitive.

He calculated how much money a win has "costed" certain programs and for example UNC is spending over $76,000 per win while ECU is spending about $22,000. Again UNC could easily bully ECU down to FCS if money was all that mattered, but they can't seem to beat us on the field lately.
03-04-2015 03:19 PM
Bull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF and the AAC!
#3 makes no sense. Build or move to FCS?? Those in an NFL stadium are not facing a dramatic need for a new stadium, as compared with schools in either a tiny or ancient stadium. Should not lump these together as if they face the same issue. USF has put >65K in RJS, apples and oranges.

Lest anyone get spun up about my comment, yes yes yes yes yes and yes an OCS is very nice. My comment is about capacity and $$$. And I realize that owning is better than renting, but you still have the capacity to swing big $$ off attendance if you can get folks in the seats.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2015 03:22 PM by Bull.)
03-04-2015 03:22 PM
sfink16 Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
Be careful with what you wish for. Scholarships will disappear when FBS schools disappear, generally not replaced by FCS schools.

Inner city kids are the ones who may suffer. They may be able to get an athletic scholarship at a D1 school today but not tomorrow if the opportunities are smaller due to less FBS schools. These same kids do not have the resources to pay for college and may not have the academic levels for scholastic scholarships. They become lost in the new "better" system.
03-04-2015 04:25 PM
zfred12 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
(03-04-2015 03:22 PM)Bull Wrote:  #3 makes no sense. Build or move to FCS?? Those in an NFL stadium are not facing a dramatic need for a new stadium, as compared with schools in either a tiny or ancient stadium. Should not lump these together as if they face the same issue. USF has put >65K in RJS, apples and oranges.

Lest anyone get spun up about my comment, yes yes yes yes yes and yes an OCS is very nice. My comment is about capacity and $$$. And I realize that owning is better than renting, but you still have the capacity to swing big $$ off attendance if you can get folks in the seats.

usf hasnt put 65K+ in rjs in a long time. I think an on campus stadium would help attendance during the down years which would make the atmosphere even better during the good years.
03-04-2015 04:29 PM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
(03-04-2015 02:41 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  Since we're talking about the stipends, COA rules gong forward and who can/can't/won't pay and should have to drop down to FCS because of it, here's my wishlist of rules that should go along with it...separating the big boys from the little boys:
1. Your program can't pay the stipends so it must drop down to FCS.
2. Your program accepts Non-Qualifiers, it must stop that or you have to drop down to FCS.
3 Your program doesn't own its own stadium and plays in an NFL stadium, you must either build your own stadium, or move down to FCS.

The following schools would be in serious jeopardy of dropping down to FCS or drop football all together, and their not all 'G5" schools either!
-All the schools that can't or won't pay for the new stipends. At least half of the G5
-Marshall (accepts NQ's)
-Pitt, Miami, San Diego St, USF,Temple and a couple other CUSA/Sun Belt schools better build that stadium or shut down. (The first 5 mentioned would never drop to FCS)
My opinion. Looking forward to yours.

1) they won't be able to compete for the same athletes, so who cares if they want fbs classification?

2) I think there needs to be a consistent rule. I'd rather force rules to make sure they are going to real class (cough UNC). The non qualifiers wouldn't likely cut it with real class.

3) Don't care. Does it really matter if they rent vs own to be div 1?

I think the added costs is likely to bust more out of div 1. You want to be careful drawing lines because they could creep up to AAC teams.
03-04-2015 05:11 PM
Advertisement

Inigo Offline
You killed my father. Prepare to die.

I Root For: UCF Knights
USC and UCLA are going to dominate in FCS.
03-04-2015 05:26 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

Cool story, bro.
03-04-2015 06:47 PM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(03-04-2015 02:41 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  ...3 Your program doesn't own its own stadium and plays in an NFL stadium, you must either build your own stadium, or move down to FCS...

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
03-04-2015 07:46 PM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(03-04-2015 07:46 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  
(03-04-2015 02:41 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  ...3 Your program doesn't own its own stadium and plays in an NFL stadium, you must either build your own stadium, or move down to FCS...

Sorry --- I need to add two more 03-lmfao03-lmfao
03-04-2015 07:49 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

(03-04-2015 06:47 PM)JHG722 Wrote:  Cool story, bro.

Not as cool as the story about Temple ever building an OCS
03-04-2015 09:40 PM
Advertisement

billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

(03-04-2015 07:49 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  

Yeah, you don't laugh at the ridiculous demands being put on Memphis with the stipends being paid by the cartel 5 conference schools. That's bad for Memphis, Tennessee can afford it, Memphis is going to suffer because of this. To you, that's a reasonable situation and Memphis will be the better for it. I laugh at you.
03-04-2015 09:44 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

Memphis is going to be just fine when the stipends come. Sorry/--- I need to say it again. I laugh at you
03-04-2015 09:46 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

(03-04-2015 03:22 PM)Bull Wrote:  #3 makes no sense. Build or move to FCS?? Those in an NFL stadium are not facing a dramatic need for a new stadium, as compared with schools in either a tiny or ancient stadium. Should not lump these together as if they face the same issue. USF has put >65K in RJS, apples and oranges.

All 3 demands make no sense. Wow.....my point was this: if they (cartel 5 crooks) can pass this demand without you guys thinking it's not going to effect you., (G5) brace yourself for the rule that finally squeezes you out. It's coming and you guys not only don't see it, your happily going along with it...it's stunning to me how some of you think your schools going to be immune to what's happening.
03-04-2015 09:52 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

(03-04-2015 05:26 PM)Inigo Wrote:  USC and UCLA are going to dominate in FCS.

USC will buy (Their close to it) the Coliseum. It's a dump in a horrid neighborhood for those who've never been there btw.
UCLA will buy the Rose Bowl or build a new stadium a few miles closer than the hike their taking to play in it now. Again, something that's been talked about for years.
San Diego st has been on record of saying they'll drop football if the chargers move. Since the late 90's it's been a given. Balboa stadium with a capacity of less than 20k is where they played before and there's no room or $ for SDSU to build an OCS.
Pitt would build a small 30k stadium most likely.
Miami would drop football.
USF would probably build a 30k stadium...although Tampa dropped their football program during a pretty decent era. There weren't like a UAB; they were winning and still dropped. USF: build an OCS tomorrow before your schools admin sees the incredible price tag of that plus the stipends. It's vital to your survival.
The sunbelt Georgia St program will drop back down
I commend Tulane, Houston and UCF for building their OCS at the perfect and most critical time in college athletics. I also commend Cincinnati for their upgrades to Nippert.
Louisville with Papa johns stadium...brilliant. Rutgers with the upgrades when they did was also brilliant. ACC and Big 10??? Who would've guessed that 10 or 15 years ago. No one.
I still think UCONN built their stadium to far away with the hopes of luring the Patriots to playing in it too. It didn't happen and now all that money spent for a football stadium an hour away playing against....well it has to be heartbreaking to UCONN fans.
03-04-2015 10:15 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-04-2015 09:40 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  

Why do I get the feeling you never went to college?
03-04-2015 11:12 PM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(03-04-2015 10:15 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  
(03-04-2015 05:26 PM)Inigo Wrote:  USC and UCLA are going to dominate in FCS.

USC will buy (Their close to it) the Coliseum. It's a dump in a horrid neighborhood for those who've never been there btw.
UCLA will buy the Rose Bowl or build a new stadium a few miles closer than the hike their taking to play in it now. Again, something that's been talked about for years.
San Diego st has been on record of saying they'll drop football if the chargers move. Since the late 90's it's been a given. Balboa stadium with a capacity of less than 20k is where they played before and there's no room or $ for SDSU to build an OCS.
Pitt would build a small 30k stadium most likely.
Miami would drop football.
USF would probably build a 30k stadium...although Tampa dropped their football program during a pretty decent era. There weren't like a UAB; they were winning and still dropped. USF: build an OCS tomorrow before your schools admin sees the incredible price tag of that plus the stipends. It's vital to your survival.
The sunbelt Georgia St program will drop back down
I commend Tulane, Houston and UCF for building their OCS at the perfect and most critical time in college athletics. I also commend Cincinnati for their upgrades to Nippert.
Louisville with Papa johns stadium...brilliant. Rutgers with the upgrades when they did was also brilliant. ACC and Big 10??? Who would've guessed that 10 or 15 years ago. No one.
I still think UCONN built their stadium to far away with the hopes of luring the Patriots to playing in it too. It didn't happen and now all that money spent for a football stadium an hour away playing against....well it has to be heartbreaking to UCONN fans.
Thanks for the warning! We were just about to write a check for Turner Field! 04-cheers
03-05-2015 11:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
03-05-2015 11:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

(03-04-2015 11:12 PM)JHG722 Wrote:  
(03-04-2015 09:40 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  

Why do I get the feeling you never went to college?

Why do I get the feeling that you hate the Army? Because I've read some nasty posts you've made to Army vets (not even including myself) I went to several schools for my under grad and grad school. Got my Bachelors from one of your "peers" who you hate so much. I hope for temples sake you build an OCS, if not, you deserve to be mocked for it troll.
03-05-2015 12:52 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

(03-05-2015 11:49 AM)panama Wrote:  

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

I like the other Army fan who put you in your place recently...btw, you play in the Georgia dome. That's something to cry about. The horrendous student fees you charge Georgia st students to pay each semester for your football program is also something to cry about
03-05-2015 12:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.