HOW TO WATCH AMERICAN SPORTS NETWORK GAMES on ROKU
If you have a Roku, there is a private channel called Filmon.TV that has a bunch of random channels on it. 99% of them are useless, but 1 of them shows American Sports Network games. Follow these steps in order to watch.
1. Go to this link https://my.roku.com/account/add
*You may have to log in to your ROKU account and the click the link again
2. Use the following code: NMEVA
3. Use your Roku Remote and go into your system settings to update your Roku device. This will load the added channel.
4. Open the newly added FILMON Channel
5. Click Live TV
6. Scroll Down and select FILMON Exclusive
7. Scroll Down and select 17. FOTV USA
The quality is not the best but its not awful and this will allow you to watch any American Sports Network game
This option gives you better quality but requires a smart phone or tablet as well. It will also work on an Apple TV or Amazon Fire
1. Go to your smartphone/tablets app store and download the FREE "Video & TV Cast" app by 2kit consulting. They have different apps for Roku, Amazon Fire, and Apple TV so make sure you download the right one.
2. Go into the app on your smartphone/tablet and click the icon with the pencil to the right of the home icon
3. Type in the following link americansportsnet.com/live
4. At the bottom click where it says "tap here to cast"
5. The Video should cast to your Roku. NOTE: If you have multiple roku's click the casting icon in the top right corner to select the correct roku if it does not default to the correct one.
6. After casting you will need to fast forward using the Roku remote as it seems to start at the beginning of the video instead of going LIVE
7. You are ok to use your smartphone/tablet once the video is playing on your Roku without messing anything up
The quality for casting is much better than FILMON but both are legitimate options.
Like casting, screen mirroring allows you to get the video from your smartphone/tablet to your ROKU, Amazon Fire, Apple TV
1. Make sure Screen Mirroring is enabled in your ROKU Settings. Enabled is the default setting so you are safe to assume it is.
2. Enable Screen Mirroring on your smartphone/tablet
3. Select the Roku you wish to mirror
4. Your Roku should mirror whatever your phone is showing.
5. Go to americansportsnet.com/live to stream the game on your smartphone/ROKU
I am not a fan of this option as its glitch and if someone calls you it knocks the feed down, but it is an option if you do not want to use casting for whatever reason
Please let me know if you have any questions or it does not work and I will be happy to help