Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Coach K allegedly covered up sexual assault? - Duke Chronicle/Deadspin
AntiG Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
Coach K allegedly covered up sexual assault? - Duke Chronicle/Deadspin
http://deadspin.com/report-duke-coaches-...1688875007

http://www.dukechronicle.com/articles/20...PSSeOFEDy8

Edit: updated with the Deadspin article whose title that I quoted as well which points out that Coach K "ignored sexual assault allegations"

There you go.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2015 11:20 PM by AntiG.)
03-02-2015 06:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dbackjon Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NAU/Illini
RE: Coach K allegedly covered up sexual assault - Duke Chronicle
(03-02-2015 06:35 PM)AntiG Wrote:  http://www.dukechronicle.com/articles/20...PSSeOFEDy8

Was it at a Lacrosse Party?
03-02-2015 06:52 PM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
I read the entire link, but I didn't see any allegation that Coach K covered up a sexual assault. Is that your editorial comment, or did you read this somewhere else?
03-02-2015 07:10 PM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
(03-02-2015 07:10 PM)ken d Wrote:  I read the entire link, but I didn't see any allegation that Coach K covered up a sexual assault. Is that your editorial comment, or did you read this somewhere else?

There have been no official report, charge or arrest. Before you post such garbage you may want to remember the Duke Lacrosse where people rushed to judgement.
03-02-2015 07:37 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(03-02-2015 07:10 PM)ken d Wrote:  I read the entire link, but I didn't see any allegation that Coach K covered up a sexual assault. Is that your editorial comment, or did you read this somewhere else?

Me either and I'm the furthest from a Duke or Coach K fan as you can get.
03-02-2015 08:00 PM
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse

I'd say the former...
03-02-2015 08:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XLance Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(03-02-2015 07:37 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  

There have been no official report, charge or arrest. Before you post such garbage you may want to remember the Duke Lacrosse where people rushed to judgement.

Not only that but they were found not guilty in a court of law and the DA that prosecuted the case lost his job and was disbarred.
03-02-2015 08:22 PM
lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

I Root For: ACC
(03-02-2015 06:35 PM)AntiG Wrote:  http://www.dukechronicle.com/articles/20...PSSeOFEDy8

I would advise that you change the title of the thread. Just for your own sake. When you pass along allegations without any proof whatsoever against someone who has relatively infinite resources, you should be really careful with your words.

I suggest you use a phrase like "I wonder if ____________. Instead of saying K allegedly did anything.
03-02-2015 08:25 PM
opossum Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Duke
As a Duke fan, if Coach K covered up a sexual assault he should be fired and his wins during the coverup should be vacated. I think most Duke fans expect Coach K to do the right thing, even at the expense of the basketball program. We are NOT Penn State.

I don't know him personally, but he has daughters, seems like a stand-up guy, and I can't imagine him condoning sexual assault.

If he handled a messy and unclear situation with a player while trying to navigate FERPA privacy laws cutting in both directions (the alleged perpetrator and the alleged victim both have FERPA rights) then he was just doing his job. This is probably what happened.

Bottom line for me is that if all this is true and if Coach K was just trying to "Defend The Program," Sheed would be suiting up right now. Dismissing him is what raised the question of why in the first place, and got reporters digging. I'm certainly not implying that Sheed did anything wrong -- just that if the allegations against him and Coach K were both true, it would not have played out as it has.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2015 10:03 PM by opossum.)
03-02-2015 09:44 PM
Advertisement

Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
Didn't a couple of members of this board get sued recently?
03-02-2015 09:44 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(03-02-2015 09:44 PM)Wolfman Wrote:  Didn't a couple of members of this board get sued recently?

for reals???
03-02-2015 10:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

SkunkworksDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals
(03-02-2015 08:25 PM)lumberpack4 Wrote:  

I would advise that you change the title of the thread. Just for your own sake. When you pass along allegations without any proof whatsoever against someone who has relatively infinite resources, you should be really careful with your words.

I suggest you use a phrase like "I wonder if ____________. Instead of saying K allegedly did anything.

Yeah, because if you think about it, the folks on the Western Michigan board just went through a libel suit sorta thing because some of their posters were spreading rumors.

So, I would really consider changing the title of the thread.
03-02-2015 10:39 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
Is it naive to believe sports can be just about sports? Apparently so.
03-02-2015 10:39 PM
Advertisement

ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

SkunkworksDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals
(03-02-2015 10:36 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 09:44 PM)Wolfman Wrote:  Didn't a couple of members of this board get sued recently?

for reals???

Yup. For reals.
03-02-2015 10:40 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(03-02-2015 10:36 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  

for reals???

http://deadspin.com/wmu-boosters-wife-su...1684191151
03-02-2015 10:44 PM
PirateJim Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU/Underdogs
RE: Coach K allegedly covered up sexual assault? - Duke Chronicle/Deadspin
I think he covered his butt by using the word "allegedly".
03-03-2015 08:18 AM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
(03-02-2015 06:35 PM)AntiG Wrote:  http://deadspin.com/report-duke-coaches-...1688875007

Edit: updated with the Deadspin article whose title that I quoted as well which points out that Coach K "ignored sexual assault allegations"

There you go.

You didn't quote that title. You changed it. The Deadspin article, which offers no evidence that Coach K did anything inappropriate, claims that these allegations were ignored. It does not claim they were covered up. And neither Deadspin nor anybody else knows whether the allegations were ignored.
03-03-2015 08:21 AM
Advertisement

Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
(03-03-2015 08:21 AM)ken d Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 06:35 PM)AntiG Wrote:  http://deadspin.com/report-duke-coaches-...1688875007

There you go.

You didn't quote that title. You changed it. The Deadspin article, which offers no evidence that Coach K did anything inappropriate, claims that these allegations were ignored. It does not claim they were covered up. And neither Deadspin nor anybody else knows whether the allegations were ignored.

They were discussing this on 99thefan yesterday. I was driving so I may not remember this exactly right but here are some of the highlights.

Duke officials stated that a rumor was enough to start an investigation and, in fact, an investigation was started based solely on rumors. Sulaimon was ultimately dismissed from the team.

It doesn't sound like Duke ignored anything. It does seem like it dragged on for a long time. How much can you do without an official complaint or allegation?

Both articles state that Coach K was aware of the situation. Neither article makes the leap to "Coach K ignored sexual assault allegations."
03-03-2015 08:53 AM
Tigeer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UoM & WVU
I'd be shocked to no end if true and I don't think it is.
03-03-2015 01:52 PM
HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU
(03-02-2015 08:22 PM)XLance Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 07:37 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  

Not only that but they were found not guilty in a court of law and the DA that prosecuted the case lost his job and was disbarred.

The lot of professors that condemned the players without any credible proof should have been fired or reprimanded.
03-03-2015 06:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.