Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Need your help Chiefsfan
Bookmark and Share
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
Need your help Chiefsfan
If UALR, Texas State, USA, and ASU all finish 8-12, Texas State would be 4-2 against those teams and get the 6th seed. ASU and UALR would be 3-3, USA would be 2-4. Do UALR and ASU get in, or do you start over again. If you do, all 3 would be 2-2 against each other. What the heck happens then?
02-28-2015 08:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Need your help Chiefsfan
(02-28-2015 08:18 PM)mjs Wrote:  If UALR, Texas State, USA, and ASU all finish 8-12, Texas State would be 4-2 against those teams and get the 6th seed. ASU and UALR would be 3-3, USA would be 2-4. Do UALR and ASU get in, or do you start over again. If you do, all 3 would be 2-2 against each other. What the heck happens then?

Still need your expertise Chiefsfan. I thought we might win tonight, but I really doubt we'll win in Lafayette. So if when we finish 8-12, what are our chances. Unfortunately, AppSt is not in the mix (or is Troy) who we went 2-0 against.
02-28-2015 10:29 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(02-28-2015 10:29 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(02-28-2015 08:18 PM)mjs Wrote:  If UALR, Texas State, USA, and ASU all finish 8-12, Texas State would be 4-2 against those teams and get the 6th seed. ASU and UALR would be 3-3, USA would be 2-4. Do UALR and ASU get in, or do you start over again. If you do, all 3 would be 2-2 against each other. What the heck happens then?

Still need your expertise Chiefsfan. I thought we might win tonight, but I really doubt we'll win in Lafayette. So if when we finish 8-12, what are our chances. Unfortunately, AppSt is not in the mix (or is Troy) who we went 2-0 against.

You'd rather not want to know the answer. I thought about this and laughed

Here's the scenario:

1. UALR loses at ULL (Very possible)
2. USA loses at AState, beats Troy (Again, very possible)
3. Texas State loses @ App and @ ULM (Again, very possible)
4. AState beats USA and ULL at home (Probably not, but lets say it does)

AState, UALR, TXST, and USA all finish 8-12. It goes to common head to head

1. Texas State 4-2
2. UALR 3-3
3. AState 3-3
4. USA 2-4

Texas State gets the 6 seed.

Then ASTate, UALR, and USA all go back into the 3 team tiebreak AGAIN

1. USA 2-2
2. UALR 2-2
3. AState 2-2

That means your tiebreaker is record against the top of the standings. All 3 got swept by Georgia Southern. But..>AState beat ULM, and UALR beat Georgia State. If Georgia State beats ULM on Thursday, they are the 2.

That means UALR is the 7 seed. AState gets the 8 for sweeping USA.

However IF ULM beats Georgia State...than AState gets the 7 seed. UALR goes back into the 2 team tie with USA and USA gets the 8 seed.

UALR would sit at home on a nasty tiebreak
02-28-2015 11:19 PM
Jim T Offline
2nd String

(02-28-2015 11:19 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Here's the scenario:

1. Texas State 4-2
2. UALR 3-3
3. AState 3-3
4. USA 2-4

1. USA 2-2
2. UALR 2-2
3. AState 2-2

That means your tiebreaker is record against the top of the standings. All 3 got swept by Georgia Southern. But..>AState beat ULM, and UALR beat Georgia State. If Georgia State beats ULM on Thursday, they are the 2.

However IF ULM beats Georgia State...than AState gets the 7 seed. UALR goes back into the 2 team tie with USA and USA gets the 8 seed.

I salute you, sir. But you could use a bit more to do.
02-28-2015 11:31 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(02-28-2015 11:31 PM)Jim T Wrote:  

Here's the scenario:

1. Texas State 4-2
2. UALR 3-3
3. AState 3-3
4. USA 2-4

1. USA 2-2
2. UALR 2-2
3. AState 2-2

I consider SBC elimination the one sure fireable offense for Brady, so I've been calculating our elimination scenarios for quite some time. Plugging in UALR was easy
02-28-2015 11:58 PM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-28-2015 11:58 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Here's the scenario:

1. Texas State 4-2
2. UALR 3-3
3. AState 3-3
4. USA 2-4

1. USA 2-2
2. UALR 2-2
3. AState 2-2

I consider SBC elimination the one sure fireable offense for Brady, so I've been calculating our elimination scenarios for quite some time. Plugging in UALR was easy

Nice work Chiefsfan. Only error I see is that Texas State would have to win at either AppSt or ULM, for the 4 team tie scenario. Also very possible. If they somehow win both that could leave a 3 team scenario (or if they lose both). I think we would then beat you out on head to head. A lot has to happen for us to be left out, but each one individually is very possible. All of them happening together is probably statistically unlikely, but with our luck could well happen. So basically we are in on Thursday if we win at ULL (unlikely), USA beats you in Jonesboro (rather unlikely) or GaSt wins at Monroe (quite possible, but they will likely be a slight underdog). I really rather not have to be score watching next Saturday.
03-01-2015 01:30 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-01-2015 01:30 AM)mjs Wrote:  
(02-28-2015 10:29 PM)mjs Wrote:  Still need your expertise Chiefsfan. I thought we might win tonight, but I really doubt we'll win in Lafayette. So if when we finish 8-12, what are our chances. Unfortunately, AppSt is not in the mix (or is Troy) who we went 2-0 against.

Here's the scenario:

1. Texas State 4-2
2. UALR 3-3
3. AState 3-3
4. USA 2-4

1. USA 2-2
2. UALR 2-2
3. AState 2-2

Nice work Chiefsfan. Only error I see is that Texas State would have to win at either AppSt or ULM, for the 4 team tie scenario. Also very possible. If they somehow win both that could leave a 3 team scenario (or if they lose both). I think we would then beat you out on head to head. A lot has to happen for us to be left out, but each one individually is very possible. All of them happening together is probably statistically unlikely, but with our luck could well happen. So basically we are in on Thursday if we win at ULL (unlikely), USA beats you in Jonesboro (rather unlikely) or GaSt wins at Monroe (quite possible, but they will likely be a slight underdog). I really rather not have to be score watching next Saturday.

I'm sorry. If Texas State is out of the picture it goes back to the 3 team scenario you outlined above. I guess we are out if ULM wins at home against GaSt. But, if GaSt wins they could still lost to GaSou in their last game. Question is, would that put them second or third?
03-01-2015 03:39 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

Who's on first?
03-01-2015 10:27 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(03-01-2015 03:39 AM)mjs Wrote:  
(02-28-2015 11:19 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  You'd rather not want to know the answer. I thought about this and laughed

Here's the scenario:

1. Texas State 4-2
2. UALR 3-3
3. AState 3-3
4. USA 2-4

1. USA 2-2
2. UALR 2-2
3. AState 2-2

I'm sorry. If Texas State is out of the picture it goes back to the 3 team scenario you outlined above. I guess we are out if ULM wins at home against GaSt. But, if GaSt wins they could still lost to GaSou in their last game. Question is, would that put them second or third?

If Georgia State beats the Warhawks, than ULM cannot pass them in any situation seeding wise because that would mean GSU swept the series. Since Georgia Southern swept everyone, you'd skip them and go to the next team down.
03-01-2015 04:23 PM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-01-2015 04:23 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(02-28-2015 11:31 PM)Jim T Wrote:  I salute you, sir. But you could use a bit more to do.

If Georgia State beats the Warhawks, than ULM cannot pass them in any situation seeding wise because that would mean GSU swept the series. Since Georgia Southern swept everyone, you'd skip them and go to the next team down.

One final question (really, it probably won't be my last). I've asked this on the Sun Belt board, but I trust your opinion. Does App State get included in the tie-breaker scenarios (ex. possible 5 team tie) to set the final league standings or are they simply eliminated since they are not eligible? Including them could conceivably help us since we swept them.
03-01-2015 04:31 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(03-01-2015 04:31 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(02-28-2015 11:58 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  I consider SBC elimination the one sure fireable offense for Brady, so I've been calculating our elimination scenarios for quite some time. Plugging in UALR was easy

One final question (really, it probably won't be my last). I've asked this on the Sun Belt board, but I trust your opinion. Does App State get included in the tie-breaker scenarios (ex. possible 5 team tie) to set the final league standings or are they simply eliminated since they are not eligible? Including them could conceivably help us since we swept them.

No. App only comes into play in a situation in which you are looking at record vs common opponents. You would start at the top team and go on down. The Mountaineers would be one of those common opponents.

Otherwise, they are officially registered as finishing "tied for...whatever" but they are excluded from any tiebreak scenario.
03-01-2015 11:14 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-01-2015 11:14 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(03-01-2015 01:30 AM)mjs Wrote:  Nice work Chiefsfan. Only error I see is that Texas State would have to win at either AppSt or ULM, for the 4 team tie scenario. Also very possible. If they somehow win both that could leave a 3 team scenario (or if they lose both). I think we would then beat you out on head to head. A lot has to happen for us to be left out, but each one individually is very possible. All of them happening together is probably statistically unlikely, but with our luck could well happen. So basically we are in on Thursday if we win at ULL (unlikely), USA beats you in Jonesboro (rather unlikely) or GaSt wins at Monroe (quite possible, but they will likely be a slight underdog). I really rather not have to be score watching next Saturday.

No. App only comes into play in a situation in which you are looking at record vs common opponents. You would start at the top team and go on down. The Mountaineers would be one of those common opponents.

Otherwise, they are officially registered as finishing "tied for...whatever" but they are excluded from any tiebreak scenario.

So the next question is, will we both be rooting for South Alabama on Thursday?
03-01-2015 11:42 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(03-01-2015 11:42 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(03-01-2015 11:14 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(03-01-2015 03:39 AM)mjs Wrote:  I'm sorry. If Texas State is out of the picture it goes back to the 3 team scenario you outlined above. I guess we are out if ULM wins at home against GaSt. But, if GaSt wins they could still lost to GaSou in their last game. Question is, would that put them second or third?

So the next question is, will we both be rooting for South Alabama on Thursday?

I will say this...if we fall down 10 or 12 in the 2nd half, I probably wouldn't be terribly upset if we failed to come back. I'd be more frustrated that I wasted a trip on the ice to go watch our men get beat again.

It's a complicated situation. I want Brady gone...but I cannot possibly root for ULL to beat us on principle...and I don't like the embarrassment of being one of only a few basketball programs to not qualify for their conference tournaments. I also want Brady gone like yesterday, so yeah.

Depending what the situation is with our baseball team this weekend, I probably don't go to the ULL game unless I go watch the Women for a little bit. I am fare more focused on our baseball program that is getting Top 25 votes at present.
03-02-2015 09:50 PM
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(03-02-2015 09:50 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  I will say this...if we fall down 10 or 12 in the 2nd half, I probably wouldn't be terribly upset if we failed to come back. I'd be more frustrated that I wasted a trip on the ice to go watch our men get beat again.

It's a complicated situation. I want Brady gone...but I cannot possibly root for ULL to beat us on principle...and I don't like the embarrassment of being one of only a few basketball programs to not qualify for their conference tournaments. I also want Brady gone like yesterday, so yeah.

I don't know why an ASU fan can want the coach fired, but still not root against his team, but some here have been accused of pulling against our team, and have been basically called liars. This **** is getting old, and I'm ready for it to be over, one way or the other.
03-02-2015 10:49 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(03-02-2015 10:49 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 09:50 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  I will say this...if we fall down 10 or 12 in the 2nd half, I probably wouldn't be terribly upset if we failed to come back. I'd be more frustrated that I wasted a trip on the ice to go watch our men get beat again.

I don't know why an ASU fan can want the coach fired, but still not root against his team, but some here have been accused of pulling against our team, and have been basically called liars. This **** is getting old, and I'm ready for it to be over, one way or the other.

I don't think any of us root against our program, but I know no one on our board is terribly upset that we lost to Texas State Saturday. I even knoew a few who even were a little upset after the ULM and UTA wins that it might help Brady keep his job.

However, we've got fans on our board who have openly talked about dropping basketball and throwing that money into football...so we're an odd bunch.
03-02-2015 11:31 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-02-2015 11:31 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

I don't think any of us root against our program, but I know no one on our board is terribly upset that we lost to Texas State Saturday. I even knoew a few who even were a little upset after the ULM and UTA wins that it might help Brady keep his job.

However, we've got fans on our board who have openly talked about dropping basketball and throwing that money into football...so we're an odd bunch.

So does the rumor that Brady is gone, if you miss the tournament, but likely hangs around for another year, if you make the tournament, have legs? Our situation seems different since I have not heard one rumor, with regard to Steve's future or if making or not making the tournament would effect it one way or the other.
03-02-2015 11:44 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(03-02-2015 11:44 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 11:31 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

So does the rumor that Brady is gone, if you miss the tournament, but likely hangs around for another year, if you make the tournament, have legs? Our situation seems different since I have not heard one rumor, with regard to Steve's future or if making or not making the tournament would effect it one way or the other.

No one knows. What we are pretty confident of is that Brady won't survive a non SBC Tourney year. There's a chance if he makes the tourney he could still be gone simply because of fan Apathy. However, he could show progress with this bunch (We'd have to win 4 of our last 5 to get there) and potentially not make it worth the buyout.
03-02-2015 11:46 PM
Advertisement

Jim T Offline
2nd String

Here's the scenario:

1. Texas State 4-2
2. UALR 3-3
3. AState 3-3
4. USA 2-4

1. USA 2-2
2. UALR 2-2
3. AState 2-2

Georgia St. Just won at ULM. Are we in?
03-05-2015 10:25 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(03-05-2015 10:25 PM)Jim T Wrote:  

Here's the scenario:

1. Texas State 4-2
2. UALR 3-3
3. AState 3-3
4. USA 2-4

1. USA 2-2
2. UALR 2-2
3. AState 2-2

Georgia St. Just won at ULM. Are we in?

Officially you were in by South beating AState. SBC tiebreaks are complicated, and I would have needed to work them had that game gone the other way.

Talk about a ridiculous game. We go down 24 with 15 minutes left, and South goes to sleep and we go on a 29-5 run to tie it up. Then they hit a crazy looking three on their next possession and won the game.

And so ends the John Brady era.
03-05-2015 11:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.