Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

14 year old Muslim girl lashed to death because she was raped
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
14 year old Muslim girl lashed to death because she was raped
While we're sitting around debating wheather ISIS is Muslim or not, the fact remains Islam is a murderous stone age religion.

Quote:Shariatpur, Bangladesh (CNN) -- Hena Akhter's last words to her mother proclaimed her innocence. But it was too late to save the 14-year-old girl.

Her fellow villagers in Bangladesh's Shariatpur district had already passed harsh judgment on her. Guilty, they said, of having an affair with a married man. The imam from the local mosque ordered the fatwa, or religious ruling, and the punishment: 101 lashes delivered swiftly, deliberately in public.

Hena dropped after 70.

Bloodied and bruised, she was taken to hospital, where she died a week later.

Amazingly, an initial autopsy report cited no injuries and deemed her death a suicide. Hena's family insisted her body be exhumed. They wanted the world to know what really happened to their daughter.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03...ing.death/
02-27-2015 04:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
RE: 14 year old Muslim girl lashed to death because she was raped
Obama's religion he loves so dearly acts like animals. I can't wait for 08 to come tell us this girl was an athirst, so no big deal.
02-27-2015 04:38 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Bangladesh is considered a democratic and moderate Muslim country, and national law forbids the practice of sharia. But activist and journalist Shoaib Choudhury, who documents such cases, said sharia is still very much in use in villages and towns aided by the lack of education and strong judicial systems.

The Supreme Court also outlawed fatwas a decade ago, but human rights monitors have documented more than 500 cases of women in those 10 years who were punished through a religious ruling. And few who have issued such rulings have been charged.
02-27-2015 05:03 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
happens all the time in the undeveloped regions of the world....

so what

tell me why I should give two shites
02-27-2015 05:06 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
The world would be so much better off without Islam. It really is humanity's Achille's heel.
02-27-2015 05:08 PM
stinkfist Offline

(02-27-2015 05:08 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  The world would be so much better off without Islam. It really is humanity's Achille's heel.

I would love to read that dissertation.....

freedom of religion can be one mother.....

genetic engineering is a comin' round da bend.....
02-27-2015 05:14 PM
Advertisement

UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
(02-27-2015 05:14 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(02-27-2015 05:08 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  The world would be so much better off without Islam. It really is humanity's Achille's heel.

I wish I understood half of what you say.

Actually ... I do understand about 50%.
02-27-2015 05:17 PM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers

Agree. I can find fault and things I don't like in almost any religion, but Islam really is indefensible. Sure, I know muslims that are great people, but if you step back and look at it as a whole, it is a net negative to the world in a big, big way.

The Middle East used to be a center of discovery, culture, science, and art. Over time, as Islam has grown to dominate the region, the region has largely gone to ****. Think of the millions (billions?) of lives that have gone virtually wasted in the middle east. All that potential intellectual and human capital that was not only wasted, but in many ways was used as a tool to regress the region and ultimately all of humanity.

Ironically, when Islam was first founded, it improved the condition of women in the middle east by giving them some rights they never had and by condemning infanticide of female babies. Today, they're among the most subjugated people in the world.

This story is extremely sad, and unfortunately, stuff like this happens every day. It is sad that a woman (or child) can be raped by a married man and be blamed. With rules like that, I'm honestly surprised it doesn't happen even more frequently than it does. If you're a male in that situation, you literally have nothing to lose (from a legal perspective).

Hopefully justice will prevail in the end and this girl's family will put an end to this man's life in a terrible, terrible way.
02-27-2015 05:22 PM
ODUgradstudent Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
(02-27-2015 05:17 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  

I don't understand either. I just wish he would get pregnant so he could stop with all the periods.
02-27-2015 05:24 PM
stinkfist Offline

(02-27-2015 05:24 PM)ODUgradstudent Wrote:  

I don't understand either. I just wish he would get pregnant so he could stop with all the periods.

and then you have people like me that 'rag' on those that won't truly don the dress of the issue....

it's only my playground.....either engage or ignore.....blame Al for the gore(y) details.....
02-27-2015 05:28 PM
stinkfist Offline

I'll 'splain this one.

People cry about Islam

People cry about not having freedom

People cry about the constitution

etc................................................................................................

People cry

does that make more sense?
02-27-2015 06:18 PM
Advertisement

AirRaid Offline
1st String

I Root For: H-TownTakeover
Islam is just behind the curve compared to Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism and Buddhism. Terrorism and extremism is a bigger problem with Islam than it is with any other religion. For instance, compared to Christianity, only terrible organization associated with it is KKK. I can't think of any when it comes to Buddhism or Hindiusm, though I am sure they have their extremists.

But with Islam there are 100's of terrible organizations. ISIS, Al Qaeda, Taliban, Hamas, Hezbollah (state sponsored by Iran no less), this is just out of the top of my head....

But fact remains that there are alot of peaceful muslims who don't deserve the punishment that these terrible organizations do.
02-27-2015 06:30 PM
stinkfist Offline

(02-27-2015 06:30 PM)AirRaid Wrote:  Islam is just behind the curve compared to Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism and Buddhism. Terrorism and extremism is a bigger problem with Islam than it is with any other religion. For instance, compared to Christianity, only terrible organization associated with it is KKK. I can't think of any when it comes to Buddhism or Hindiusm, though I am sure they have their extremists.

But with Islam there are 100's of terrible organizations. ISIS, Al Qaeda, Taliban, Hamas, Hezbollah (state sponsored by Iran no less), this is just out of the top of my head....

But fact remains that there are alot of peaceful muslims who don't deserve the punishment that these terrible organizations do.

all are extremists in a general sense (religion).....the only matter at that point is the difference between the civil progression relative to geography and natural resources....

that's just my condensed t/f take on it.....
02-27-2015 06:42 PM
AirRaid Offline
1st String

(02-27-2015 06:42 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(02-27-2015 06:30 PM)AirRaid Wrote:  Islam is just behind the curve compared to Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism and Buddhism. Terrorism and extremism is a bigger problem with Islam than it is with any other religion. For instance, compared to Christianity, only terrible organization associated with it is KKK. I can't think of any when it comes to Buddhism or Hindiusm, though I am sure they have their extremists.

all are extremists in a general sense (religion).....the only matter at that point is the difference between the civil progression relative to geography and natural resources....

that's just my condensed t/f take on it.....

I more or less concur.
02-27-2015 06:44 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
Quote:For instance, compared to Christianity, only terrible organization associated with it is KKK. I can't think of any when it comes to Buddhism or Hindiusm, though I am sure they have their extremists.

Wow, uh, you probably shouldn't be commenting on this subject matter if that's as deep as you can go.
02-27-2015 06:44 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
It would take a spreadsheet to track the amount of times I've asked leftists to define moderate muslim and have received no response.

Let's try again

Ok moonbats, define "moderate" muslim.
02-27-2015 06:59 PM
Advertisement

AirRaid Offline
1st String

(02-27-2015 06:44 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  
Quote:For instance, compared to Christianity, only terrible organization associated with it is KKK. I can't think of any when it comes to Buddhism or Hindiusm, though I am sure they have their extremists.

Wow, uh, you probably shouldn't be commenting on this subject matter if that's as deep as you can go.

and how deep can you go?
02-27-2015 07:09 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
(02-27-2015 05:06 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  happens all the time in the undeveloped regions of the world....

so what

tell me why I should give two shites

The reason I care is my faith and religious beliefs teach me to forgive and show compassion when others won't. There should be consequences for one's actions but the punishment should fit the crime. My beliefs don't require lashing a 14 year old girl 101 times in public no matter what the circumstances are. Seems a bit extreme, but that's just me. There's something else called tough love where you can teach a lesson without imposing a horrible, abusive punishment that in this case caused the girl's death.

I also care because I am a parent to two kids and I just can't imagine doing something like this to them or standing by as it takes place.

I get that this is another culture, following a different religious doctrine and I can't personally do anything about it. That doesn't mean that it shouldn't still bother me, that I shouldn't still care, or to use your terms, give two shites about it.
02-27-2015 08:00 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Muslims following their religion. Who would of thunk it.
02-27-2015 08:11 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(02-27-2015 05:24 PM)ODUgradstudent Wrote:  

He shoots, he scores. That's a 3 pointer.
02-27-2015 08:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.