Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JMU Bails Out of 2015 Football Game at Liberty
Bookmark and Share
SlyFox Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty
JMU Bails Out of 2015 Football Game at Liberty
Per FlamesNation

What are you guys hearing in Harrisonburg? We are crushed at the news in the Liberty camp. This was a huge game for us this fall.
02-27-2015 12:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CISDuke2014 Offline
1st String

I Root For: James Madison
RE: JMU Bails Out of 2015 Football Game at Liberty
(02-27-2015 12:39 PM)SlyFox Wrote:  Per FlamesNation

What are you guys hearing in Harrisonburg? We are crushed at the news in the Liberty camp. This was a huge game for us this fall.

It's a done deal:

http://www.jmusports.com/news/2015/2/27/...50533.aspx
http://www.smumustangs.com/sports/m-foot...sched.html
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2015 12:40 PM by CISDuke2014.)
02-27-2015 12:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JMUDukeDawg Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU
Yes. We are at SMU that day now. This had been rumored for several weeks. According to our release, the Liberty game has been pushed to "another season."
02-27-2015 12:40 PM
Pitz Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Dukes.
Obviously too scared to play you guys.
02-27-2015 12:41 PM
SlyFox Offline
1st String

What a disappointment. Let's hope it does actually get played some day considering this year was a push from before.
02-27-2015 12:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jmu007 Offline
All American

Personally, I'm pretty excited for the change to SMU. Always want a FBS team on the schedule. This puts in place to do that.
02-27-2015 12:43 PM
Advertisement

JMUDukeDawg Offline
1st String

I was looking forward to trying to make the trip. I have a cousin that goes to LU now and we didn't have time to plan a trip to the playoff game but were looking forward to this one.

Still, I'm glad we added an FBS to the schedule in a place where I hope we can recruit some.
02-27-2015 12:44 PM
NC Tribe Offline
1st String

I Root For: W&M, JMU
Nothing like a game against a team that was 1-11 the season before. I just hope they are a train wreck again this season.

Go Dukes!
02-27-2015 12:45 PM
SlyFox Offline
1st String

I live in Texas and know the Dallas/Highland Park area well. If any of you are quickly looking at flights, I recommend you check Southwest into Love Field (DAL). It is very close to the campus & stadium. Think of it as the Reagan National as opposed to the Dulles of DFW. Delta & United only have a few gates there.

It is going ot be VERY tough for us to fill that date this late into the game. And we were building it up as the featured game on our home schedule that also includes Montana.
02-27-2015 12:57 PM
bjk3047 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU DUKES.
I'll take a winnable FBS game over Liberty every day of the week. Daps to Bourne for getting this done.

Also, ughhhhhhhhh:

"The opportunity to have an FBS opponent on our schedule is always a goal for our football program at James Madison," Head Coach Everett Withers said. "In years when we have a 12-game schedule, we would like to have two such games."

I know this has picked to death, but as long as we're FCS playoff eligible, I'd rather have wins than 2 FBS games.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2015 01:01 PM by bjk3047.)
02-27-2015 12:59 PM
JMU Offline
All American

(02-27-2015 12:57 PM)SlyFox Wrote:  I live in Texas and know the Dallas/Highland Park area well. If any of you are quickly looking at flights, I recommend you check Southwest into Love Field (DAL). It is very close to the campus & stadium. Think of it as the Reagan National as opposed to the Dulles of DFW. Delta & United only have a few gates there.

It is going ot be VERY tough for us to fill that date this late into the game. And we were building it up as the featured game on our home schedule that also includes Montana.

Stinks that we bailed but you have to understand. We'll play you when you are FBS in few years. 05-stirthepot
02-27-2015 12:59 PM
Advertisement

All Dukes_All Day Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU, Pitt
(02-27-2015 12:59 PM)JMU Wrote:  
(02-27-2015 12:57 PM)SlyFox Wrote:  I live in Texas and know the Dallas/Highland Park area well. If any of you are quickly looking at flights, I recommend you check Southwest into Love Field (DAL). It is very close to the campus & stadium. Think of it as the Reagan National as opposed to the Dulles of DFW. Delta & United only have a few gates there.

Stinks that we bailed but you have to understand. We'll play you when you are FBS in few years. 05-stirthepot

Hopefully not the other way around....03-banghead
02-27-2015 01:22 PM
SlyFox Offline
1st String

One of our posters who I know for a fact has inside sources is stating that this was in fact a complete buyout of the final year of our contract with you all. SMU is paying your buyout for you so that you won't have to fulfill your commitment to us. That is even more disturbing to those of us in the Liberty camp.
02-27-2015 01:38 PM
NewTimes Offline
All American

I Root For: Flames & Canes
Congrats to you guys. If the shoe was on the other foot, I'm sure LU admins would want the same cooperation. Am I going to miss spanking you again in Lynchburg on Sept. 26? Yes. Maybe we can spank you bad in the FCS playoffs, again. Good luck in Big D.
02-27-2015 01:44 PM
knucklehead Offline
1st String

Just looks like JMU wanted out of any chance to lose to LU again while both looks for an FBS bid. Just sad. Was gonna be the game of the year.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2015 02:25 PM by knucklehead.)
02-27-2015 02:01 PM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
(02-27-2015 02:01 PM)knucklehead Wrote:  Just looks like JMU wanted out of any chance to lose to MY again while both looks for an FBS bid. Just sad. Was gonna be the game of the year.

lol.....

Pay Day vs FBS or smaller pay day vs FCS.

No brainer.
02-27-2015 02:04 PM
Advertisement

HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

I'm just relieved we were able to duck out of this game with Liberty. I mean, we can all agree, Liberty is definitely a team JMU wants to duck if at all possible. If you look at our all-time record vs. Liberty, you can see that they've really got our team's number.

I for one am scared of JMU football playing Liberty. I'm glad that our administration is also scared of playing Liberty & picked up this game against a terrible 1A team in Texas.
02-27-2015 02:04 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

Personally, I wouldn't mind playing Liberty home & home on a continuing basis. I would like clarity first however, on how we wound up scheduling them for what was to amount to 1 home game vs 3 away games. If there were intricacies involved- fine. But most on this board should find it absurd the scheduling was that lopsided. DNR....ask the farging question!
02-27-2015 02:10 PM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
Just like Liberty bowed out of a game against us not too long ago, we returned the favor. 03-wink

I would much rather face a cupcake FBS than a very good FCS team. The sad part is we get far more recognition for beating terrible FBS teams than good FCS ones.
Now we just need to win.
02-27-2015 02:11 PM
SlyFox Offline
1st String

The reason why this game was in Lynchburg was, as I understand it, a concession based on a last minute bail by you guys in 2012. At least that is my understanding. It doesn't sound like we can expect our schools to be playing each other much outside of the playoffs anytime soon.
02-27-2015 02:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.