Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WBB Championship Bracket
Bookmark and Share
Stephen Shirley Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Middle TN
WBB Championship Bracket
Do all 14 teams qualify for the tournament or only the top 12?
02-27-2015 11:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nastybunch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: WBB Championship Bracket
Top 12 I think....
02-27-2015 12:10 PM
Stephen Shirley Offline
2nd String

Okay. Got confirmation that only top-12 teams advance. So bye bye FIU. Thanks for dragging everyone's RPI down this season.

So the top 3 seeds are pretty well set at #1 WKU and #2/3 MT/USM. The fun really begins at #4 with La Tech and ODU fighting for the first round bye. Seeds 6-9 are completely up for grabs with UAB, Charlotte, Marshall and UTSA owning identical 8-7 records. FAU, UTEP and UNT round out seeds 10-12 though Rice has a chance to jump ahead of UNT for the last spot.

While the smart money is on either MT or WKU to win the tournament, plenty of teams are capable of shaking things up. USM obviously has wins against MT and WKU, so you have to like their chances in the semi-final and finals matchups. But USM also lost to four teams in the 6-11 seed range, one of which will likely be their QF opponent. UTSA has a win against WKU. ODU and LaTech would both be vulnerable from the 4 seed to an upset or could just as easily pull an upset of WKU.

All in all, it should make for an entertaining tournament.
02-27-2015 12:35 PM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(02-27-2015 12:35 PM)Stephen Shirley Wrote:  Okay. Got confirmation that only top-12 teams advance. So bye bye FIU. Thanks for dragging everyone's RPI down this season.

So the top 3 seeds are pretty well set at #1 WKU and #2/3 MT/USM. The fun really begins at #4 with La Tech and ODU fighting for the first round bye. Seeds 6-9 are completely up for grabs with UAB, Charlotte, Marshall and UTSA owning identical 8-7 records. FAU, UTEP and UNT round out seeds 10-12 though Rice has a chance to jump ahead of UNT for the last spot.

While the smart money is on either MT or WKU to win the tournament, plenty of teams are capable of shaking things up. USM obviously has wins against MT and WKU, so you have to like their chances in the semi-final and finals matchups. But USM also lost to four teams in the 6-11 seed range, one of which will likely be their QF opponent. UTSA has a win against WKU. ODU and LaTech would both be vulnerable from the 4 seed to an upset or could just as easily pull an upset of WKU.

Well WKU's fortunes are on hold a little bit...Our best player Alexis Govan did not make the trip to Florida and the program released a vague statement about her rehabbing, physical therapy in BG to get ready for the rest of the season... I for one have no idea what that means? Others have spotted her on crutches on campus...NOt sure if this is precautionary from ACL tear last season or she has reinjured it? I guess we will find out soon, but obviously a huge blow to WKU If in fact she is done for the season...
02-27-2015 01:25 PM
Advertisement

MarshallHerdFanz Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
WBB Championship Bracket
Marshall, USM, MT, or UAB for the win.
02-27-2015 01:31 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

(02-27-2015 01:25 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  
(02-27-2015 12:35 PM)Stephen Shirley Wrote:  Okay. Got confirmation that only top-12 teams advance. So bye bye FIU. Thanks for dragging everyone's RPI down this season.

Well WKU's fortunes are on hold a little bit...Our best player Alexis Govan did not make the trip to Florida and the program released a vague statement about her rehabbing, physical therapy in BG to get ready for the rest of the season... I for one have no idea what that means? Others have spotted her on crutches on campus...NOt sure if this is precautionary from ACL tear last season or she has reinjured it? I guess we will find out soon, but obviously a huge blow to WKU If in fact she is done for the season...

YOu still have the monster, Gooch.
LT coudnt get out ruston due to weather so they play utep today and utsa sunday. We could have a clear pic of the 4 spot by then.

UTSA can be tough on anyone the way they play. UAB shoots better at home than they do in real life. They will be tough at bartow.
02-27-2015 01:58 PM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

(02-27-2015 01:58 PM)Thegoldstandard Wrote:  
(02-27-2015 01:25 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  

YOu still have the monster, Gooch.
LT coudnt get out ruston due to weather so they play utep today and utsa sunday. We could have a clear pic of the 4 spot by then.

UTSA can be tough on anyone the way they play. UAB shoots better at home than they do in real life. They will be tough at bartow.

NO doubt, we did well without Govan last season when she went down mid DEc. and gave Baylor all they wanted last year in NCAA tournament..Still though Govan is heart and soul of this team...Noble is capable too scoring as she had 23 last night...
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2015 02:00 PM by WKUFan518.)
02-27-2015 02:00 PM
Advertisement

Stephen Shirley Offline
2nd String

(02-27-2015 01:25 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Well WKU's fortunes are on hold a little bit...Our best player Alexis Govan did not make the trip to Florida and the program released a vague statement about her rehabbing, physical therapy in BG to get ready for the rest of the season... I for one have no idea what that means? Others have spotted her on crutches on campus...NOt sure if this is precautionary from ACL tear last season or she has reinjured it? I guess we will find out soon, but obviously a huge blow to WKU If in fact she is done for the season...

I think you guys are okay in your last three games with or without Govan. The Lady Toppers didn't need her against FAU and certainly will be fine against FIU. ODU and Charlotte pose bigger challenges next week if Govan is still out, but with the games in Diddle, I think you win out.

If Govan isn't good to go for the tournament though, you might have something to worry about. I think you make it to the championship game regardless. But you aren't the same team without Govan.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2015 04:16 PM by Stephen Shirley.)
02-27-2015 04:14 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

UTEP beats Jr 88-75 that puts odu in 4th right now tech has to play utsa sunday and come to Hattiesburg next weekend.
02-27-2015 04:15 PM
Stephen Shirley Offline
2nd String

Well, things just got a LOT more interesting. Cheyenne Parker has been dismissed from MT squad.

http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/college/.../24129737/
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2015 04:26 PM by Stephen Shirley.)
02-27-2015 04:25 PM
Advertisement

Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

Ive seen that happen enough to say thats about a 90% chance of being a repeated failed drug test.
02-27-2015 04:38 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
Well that's just wonderful.

03-banghead
02-27-2015 04:48 PM
TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

Any chance of reinstatement ?
02-27-2015 05:17 PM
Advertisement

FAUAEPi Offline
1st String

I Root For: FAU
(02-27-2015 12:35 PM)Stephen Shirley Wrote:  Okay. Got confirmation that only top-12 teams advance. So bye bye FIU.

Awh shucks.
02-27-2015 05:27 PM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

Wow this women's tournament has become wide open suddenly, if you are a Southern MIss fan you are ecstatic right now, as your chances became a lot better on winning this CUSA tournament..
02-27-2015 06:25 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
(02-27-2015 05:17 PM)TOPSTRAIGHT Wrote:  Any chance of reinstatement ?

I'd say nope.

The good news is our two freshman forwards (6'4" Reuter and 6'1" Lyon) who are the main backups since Porter (6'2" junior) has been injured are completely different players than they were. Lyon had 18 points in something like 10 minutes the other night, and Reuter is consistently there. Hope is fortunately not all lost.
02-27-2015 08:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.