UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SACS Results Email from Linda Lucas
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

I Root For: UAB
SACS Results Email from Linda Lucas
Students, faculty and staff,

In spite of the snow, the SACS-COC reaffirmation committee's visit this week was a great one for UAB. This was an opportunity to showcase our campus, programs and people, and to receive invaluable feedback and thoughtful guidance from the SACS-COC delegation to bolster our efforts for continual improvement.

We have so much of which we should be proud, and the reaccreditation process and the reaffirmation committee's review have been very positive. I am pleased and want to thank the SACS-COC team for their thorough and professional review of third-party comments and our compliance with the Principles of Accreditation, as well as our Quality Enhancement Plan.

While the committee's report is preliminary and will not be final until reviewed and approved by the SACS-COC Board of Trustees, we could not have hoped for a better outcome at this point in the process. In its review of UAB's adherence to the Principles of Accreditation, the committee requires no follow-up, and no formal recommendations were necessary for our Quality Enhancement Plan. The committee also reported finding no compelling evidence of noncompliance regarding the Principles of Accreditation in third-party comments.

I would like to thank everyone at UAB who worked so hard to prepare for this visit, as well as those who rearranged their schedules at the last minute due to weather; it was important that the visiting team was able to meet with people whom they selected.

These preliminary outcomes are a testament to the amazing work being done daily by the UAB community. We should all be very proud of this institution and the hard work that has gone into this important process.

Sincerely,
Linda Lucas
Provost
02-26-2015 03:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UABGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: SACS Results Email from Linda Lucas
SACS spits in the face of the undergraduates, graduates, faculty amd alumni. Lucas revels in it.
02-26-2015 03:17 PM
UABslant Offline

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Having issues with SACS isn't good for anyone who loves or supports UAB. However, the fight to rid ourselves of Watts and the unfair rule of the UABOT continues.

What goes down in Montgomery in March is much more important.
02-26-2015 03:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TPBlaze84 Offline
1st String

Two explicit mentions of the third-party comments. Yikes, that's a little on the nose.
02-26-2015 03:43 PM
UABslant Offline

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
So I guess we need to start calling out Dr. Lucas at basketball games and other events along with Watts.

Let's see if she presents any game balls on Saturday... FI-RE LU-CAS, clap clap clap-clap-clap.
02-26-2015 03:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

F U Lu cas
02-26-2015 03:58 PM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
I will boo her. Feel free to join in. She is a Watts mouthpiece.
02-26-2015 03:58 PM
Hopeful Offline
Special Teams

I always thought she was just putting on for sake of the school as an institution as opposed to truly being supportive of Dr. Watts, but I guess I was wrong. It's unfortunate because she seemed like a really nice person every time I encountered her. Now I really don't even know anymore.
02-26-2015 04:03 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
That e-mail was a big in your face to all of us.
02-26-2015 04:05 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

As well as a BEND OVER HERE COMES RAY RAY to all of us.
02-26-2015 04:08 PM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

Wow! The strikes keep coming right back at us.
02-26-2015 04:08 PM
Advertisement

Doktyr X Offline
1st String

I Root For: Science! (+UAB)
Let her have it.
02-26-2015 04:13 PM
kdblazer Offline
All American

I think she taught one of my classes back in 89 or 90 and she was approachable back then. When spoke at the NAS meeting she stated that she didn't necessarily agree with the decisions that were made. I think she has to prop him up or be gone. He seems like the kind of guy that doesn't tolerate objective subordinates or free thinking subordinates.
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2015 04:15 PM by kdblazer.)
02-26-2015 04:14 PM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
Ray Watts =

[Image: winning_360.jpg]
02-26-2015 04:18 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(02-26-2015 04:05 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  That e-mail was a big in your face to all of us.

Yes, and together with the DirectComm memo, this schoolyard taunting should make it perfectly clear: in their view there is no UAB community, there is no common ground. Clay Ryan's invocation of "war" was no mistake, no idle wording. They see us as the enemy, as annoying vermin infesting "their" campus.

Linda Lucas has tied herself to Ray Watts. They both must go. They must go now.
02-26-2015 05:29 PM
UABFRENCHY Offline
Heisman

Donators
I will LOVE to have win all the battle so far but the one in Montgomery is most important and it is gonna be a long one .
Lucas will be remember for this letter and for her vote at the nas association meeting fiasco
02-26-2015 07:40 PM
Advertisement

nicknitro19 Offline
Special Teams

I am worried about our Montgomery efforts now. Check this out the ALDOT is being used to intimidate Representatives, who oppose the Governor.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/02...cart_river

Even worse is near the end of the article:

"Bentley also said at that time, in response to questions about whether he would try to strong-arm legislators into supporting his plan by threatening to withhold project funds: "We will look more favorably on areas of the state that really do want to support our budget."

Cooper said today that Bentley did not instruct him to stop the projects. He said he informed Bentley about his decision in a phone call but declined to say how the governor reacted.

"I didn't see or hear any reaction," Cooper said.

Cooper said he did not recall ever stopping a project for a similar reason before.

Asked if he was concerned about upsetting the process of setting road project priorities based on need, Cooper said there are so many projects needed around the state that "it's very difficult to say that one project is needed more than another.""

naked blatant corruption and intimidation.
02-26-2015 07:49 PM
Doktyr X Offline
1st String

I Root For: Science! (+UAB)
Cooper has forgotten where his budget comes from. The legislature might decide that ALDOT may need to get the first budget slash. Cut my projects - lose your money.
02-26-2015 07:59 PM
nicknitro19 Offline
Special Teams

(02-26-2015 07:59 PM)Doktyr X Wrote:  Cooper has forgotten where his budget comes from. The legislature might decide that ALDOT may need to get the first budget slash. Cut my projects - lose your money.

But now he can reallocate the money to other districts and effectively buy the support of other Representatives though.

Only in Alabama....
02-26-2015 08:02 PM
CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

Watts and the BOT have left no room for middle ground - in their view you are either with them are you are the enemy and will be treated as such.

It is too bad that otherwise good people have to be caught up in this. However, Watts will leave such a bad stain on our university that when he is finally booted out the door, anyone who goes out of his or her way to support him now, willingly or unwilling, will be likewise stained.

They must either go with him when he leaves or they must apologize to everyone they hurt and spend the rest of their careers making restitution. Since I don't see them doing that, I think they will have only one alternative.

If they really want to wage war, inevitably there will be causalities and in war foot soldiers are usually more at risk than their leaders.
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2015 08:30 PM by CajunBlazer.)
02-26-2015 08:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.