Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Anyone see where North Carolina.....
Bookmark and Share
Chi-Town Offline
Perpetually Optimistic

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Anyone see where North Carolina.....
.....lost by double digits at home to an unranked opponent last night? Did you see where a ranked Arkansas team on a hot streak blew a 25 pt lead at home to barely squeak out a win against an unranked team?

Just sayin'....it's college basketball.
02-25-2015 07:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
RE: Anyone see where North Carolina.....
Anyone see where both those teams are likely also going to be in the tourney as at large bids?

Not quite talking Tulane and ECU here.
02-25-2015 07:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chi-Town Offline
Perpetually Optimistic

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(02-25-2015 07:59 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  Anyone see where both those teams are likely also going to be in the tourney as at large bids?

Not quite talking Tulane and ECU here.

I believe SFA will be dancing as well....

NCSU is 8-7 in conference and 17-11 overall. 8th place in the conference. If you think anyone is getting in with an 8th place conference finish you have got to be kidding.

A&M May get in, but not if they drop another game or two....bubble team in the 11-14 range IMO.
02-25-2015 08:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CKMcDan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
So, everyone is up in arms about the Tigers losing to SFA (small conference team), Tulane & ECU (teams with losing records).

Well, if you look at the #3-#4-#5 teams in the other major conferences, you see several similar type losses.

#12 Iowa State lost to Texas Tech (12-17)
#16 Oklahoma lost to Creighton (13-15), and was swept by Kansas St (14-15).
Oregon lost to WSU (12-15)
Stanford lost to Depaul (12-17), WSU & Colorado (12-14)
Michigan State lost to Texas Southern
Purdue lost to North Florida & Gardner Webb, and lost to Vandy (15-17) @ Kansas St.
Iowa lost to Northwestern (14-14).
Tx A&M lost to Kansas St.
Ole Miss lost to Charleston Southern & Western Kentucky
LSU lost to Missouri (8-20), Miss State (12-16) & Auburn (12-16).

With the possible exception of LSU, every one of these teams is likely to be in the NCAA tournament.

So yes, it happens.
02-26-2015 05:30 PM
spankadelphia Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis
College basketball is down this year. That does not excuse Pastner for recruiting our program into a mid major. Most of the teams you listed have promising underclassmen and will improve in the coming years. Florida and Michigan State come to mind. That remains to be seen with our team.
02-27-2015 12:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.