Defying GOP, Obama vetoes Keystone XL pipeline bill
02-24-2015 04:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
RE: Defying GOP, Obama vetoes Keystone XL pipeline bill
Hooray for relying on the Middle East for our energy! 04-rock Way to go, Obama!
02-24-2015 04:33 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
No surprise here. Dems and republicans want it, as do the majority of the american public, but O turns up his nose at America like a petulant child.
02-24-2015 04:35 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(02-24-2015 04:33 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  Hooray for relying on the Middle East for our energy! 04-rock Way to go, Obama!

Hooray for having absolutely no grasp whatsoever on the situation but trying to comment anyway! 04-rock Way to go ECU!
02-24-2015 04:35 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(02-24-2015 04:35 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  No surprise here. Dems and republicans want it, as do the majority of the american public, but O turns up his nose at America like a petulant child.

[Image: goodtobetheking.jpg]
02-24-2015 04:37 PM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
The Republicans need to load his desk up with quality bills like this and make him veto them. He is no leader, that is for sure. Just a sorry ass liberal hack that is pandering to his leftist base. Vetoing this bill proves it once again. Who needs all those jobs when that many more people can go on his welfare rolls.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2015 04:43 PM by EagleRockCafe.)
02-24-2015 04:42 PM
Advertisement

ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-24-2015 04:42 PM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  The Republicans need to load his desk up with quality bills like this and make him veto them. He is no leader, that is for sure. Just a sorry ass liberal hack that is pandering to his leftist base. Vetoing this bill proves it once again. Who needs all those jobs when that many more people can go on his welfare rolls.

Haha but the left would have you believe that it would only add 8 jobs. Hannity had an EPA nut on his show trying to claim that.
02-24-2015 04:46 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
I think it takes more than 8 men/women to build a pipe line. This would've been big for several people.. Truck drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators, Welders, Pipe Fitters, Management, Inspectors, Local Governments.. Not to mention a possible bump to the towns along the way.. Unions could've possibly had a huge role with the truckers, the operators, and the welders/pipe fitters.. Not to mention the general labor jobs it would've created.

But then again, the jobs it would've created would've been for folks who don't mind getting off their a$$ and getting their hands dirty.
02-24-2015 04:51 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
The phone and pen, for Executive Orders, not working with the house and senate.
02-24-2015 04:52 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
I'll ask again ... has Obama ever made a correct decision? A fourth grader could have made the correct call on this.
02-24-2015 04:52 PM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-24-2015 04:52 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  The phone and pen, for Executive Orders, not working with the house and senate.

Yep. This was a bipartisan bill.
02-24-2015 04:53 PM
Advertisement

THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Republicans should stop approving his nominees for the Federal Courts and even the AG until he's a little more reasonable on things like this.
02-24-2015 04:53 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(02-24-2015 04:51 PM)gdunn Wrote:  I think it takes more than 8 men/women to build a pipe line. This would've been big for several people.. Truck drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators, Welders, Pipe Fitters, Management, Inspectors, Local Governments.. Not to mention a possible bump to the towns along the way.. Unions could've possibly had a huge role with the truckers, the operators, and the welders/pipe fitters.. Not to mention the general labor jobs it would've created.

But then again, the jobs it would've created would've been for folks who don't mind getting off their a$$ and getting their hands dirty.

I have a relative that does this kind of work. He's a hardcore union guy, even made the comment he's glad Obama won in 2012 so his high paying union work would continue, I wonder what he thinks now. 03-lmfao
02-24-2015 04:55 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
Re: RE: Defying GOP, Obama vetoes Keystone XL pipeline bill
(02-24-2015 04:35 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(02-24-2015 04:33 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  Hooray for relying on the Middle East for our energy! 04-rock Way to go, Obama!

Hooray for having absolutely no grasp whatsoever on the situation but trying to comment anyway! 04-rock Way to go ECU!

Tom i don't think grasped any kind of situation lately. Your comments have become beyond useless.
02-24-2015 04:58 PM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-24-2015 04:58 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  
(02-24-2015 04:35 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Tom i don't think grasped any kind of situation lately. Your comments have become beyond useless.

Links from Salon.com & The Daily Beast in 3...2...1...
02-24-2015 04:59 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
Wait.. This type of pipeline would've help bolster climate change right?
02-24-2015 04:59 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Remember Obama's plan for energy independence

[Image: tire_pressure_gauge.jpg]
02-24-2015 05:03 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(02-24-2015 05:03 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  Remember Obama's plan for energy independence

I remember the right making an issue out of common sense and ending up looking like total fools...you?
02-24-2015 05:08 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(02-24-2015 05:08 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(02-24-2015 05:03 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  Remember Obama's plan for energy independence

I remember the right making an issue out of common sense and ending up looking like total fools...you?

You can't call anyone a fool - who flys around in 2 747 jets and says we can save energy with tire air pressure gauge? Do you also remember when oil prices were high he said all optioins were on the table? Just another lie. Don't get too close when you're feeding him, Tom, he might bite your hand.
02-24-2015 05:22 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(02-24-2015 04:51 PM)gdunn Wrote:  I think it takes more than 8 men/women to build a pipe line. This would've been big for several people.. Truck drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators, Welders, Pipe Fitters, Management, Inspectors, Local Governments.. Not to mention a possible bump to the towns along the way.. Unions could've possibly had a huge role with the truckers, the operators, and the welders/pipe fitters.. Not to mention the general labor jobs it would've created.

Yep, good paying, largely Union jobs. Can't have that! Who's the friend of the unions again? ES?!? He's turned his back and shafted them at every opportunity, excepting perhaps his hand over of Government Motors to the union thugs.

And lets not forget about all the ancillary jobs that would be created along the way. How about the people to load those trucks, feed the welders, run the Starbucks and Subways for the pipe fitters? Thousands upon thousands of good honest jobs. Yea, things are rosey, no thanks.

The length these committed nut jobs have gone to try and derail this entirely sensible and responsible project is amazing. One only need do the Google on "existing pipelines" to exhibit the sheer stupidity of this entire thing.

Only logical or even rational thing that can be pointed to on this idiocy- That billionaire lunatic enviro-nut that contributes heavily to the left wing causes, and he's threatened to either pull his political contributions to these "causes" or he will make his donations to other candidates that will sell out for his cash if others won't. Nothing else, no other argument, makes any sense.
02-24-2015 05:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.