Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

More Rutgers WTF?
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
MyBB More Rutgers WTF?
http://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/inde..._mens.html

What is the deal with Rutgers' administration? The sooner Rutgers gets rid of Hermann, the better.
02-23-2015 09:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
RE: More Rutgers WTF?
Meanwhile, UConn opens a new BB practice facility, FB practice facility, ice hockey stadium, a new XL Center, etc.03-banghead
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2015 09:16 PM by UConn-SMU.)
02-23-2015 09:07 PM
texasorange Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse Orange
(02-23-2015 09:00 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  http://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/inde..._mens.html

What is the deal with Rutgers' administration? The sooner Rutgers gets rid of Hermann, the better.

But isn't this the same old story for Rutgers and their basketball program? They were not competitive in the Big East, why would anyone think they would be competitive in the Big Ten?
02-23-2015 09:08 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

(02-23-2015 09:08 PM)texasorange Wrote:  
(02-23-2015 09:00 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  http://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/inde..._mens.html

But isn't this the same old story for Rutgers and their basketball program? They were not competitive in the Big East, why would anyone think they would be competitive in the Big Ten?

I, for one, thought with the serious $ upgrade from joining the Big Ten, they may finally be ready to somewhat invest in athletics and facilities. I guess they are forever destined to be at the bottom of any conference they're in.
02-23-2015 09:11 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
(02-23-2015 09:11 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  

I, for one, thought with the serious $ upgrade from joining the Big Ten, they may finally be ready to somewhat invest in athletics and facilities. I guess they are forever destined to be at the bottom of any conference they're in.

If UConn had a Big 10 invitation, we'd be expanding the Rent to 50K or 60K right now. We'd have cranes working all over Storrs and East Hartford.
02-23-2015 09:15 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports

Thing is if Rutgers couldn't get it together in the Big East, why would they improve in the Big Ten, which is no tougher at all than what the Big East was. Hell, even USF made the tourney in the Big East. Rutgers never did. (don't mean to dis the USF fans on here- just showing that if USF could do it in half the time, Rutgers surely should have been able to do it).
02-23-2015 09:44 PM
Advertisement

Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
Football surprised and did pretty good. If football is 80% of the equation, then she should really only receive a small percent of negativity of 20% of the fan base.
WHY worry about the basketball fan base? They aren't worth as much.
02-23-2015 10:05 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

(02-23-2015 10:05 PM)Dasville Wrote:  Football surprised and did pretty good. If football is 80% of the equation, then she should really only receive a small percent of negativity of 20% of the fan base.

Based on Hermann's past comments/actions, she has already alienated the vast majority of the fan-base. The question is why she continues to add fuel to the fire. I've never seen an athletic director care so little about the advancement of his/her athletic department. It's a HUGE problem, regardless of how well the football program is performing.
02-23-2015 10:12 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

(02-23-2015 10:12 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  
(02-23-2015 10:05 PM)Dasville Wrote:  Football surprised and did pretty good. If football is 80% of the equation, then she should really only receive a small percent of negativity of 20% of the fan base.

Based on Hermann's past comments/actions, she has already alienated the vast majority of the fan-base. The question is why she continues to add fuel to the fire. I've never seen an athletic director care so little about the advancement of his/her athletic department. It's a HUGE problem, regardless of how well the football program is performing.

Football is ALL that matters. You should know this.
02-23-2015 10:20 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

(02-23-2015 10:20 PM)Dasville Wrote:  

For the G5 looking for that elusive P5 invite...yes, you are correct - football is king. For those already with the P5 golden ticket (especially in one the most lucrative P5 conferences) that is not the case. The Big Ten isn't kicking anyone out. The Rutgers athletic department is failing, and they can no longer use finances as an excuse.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2015 10:26 PM by HuskyU.)
02-23-2015 10:25 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

(02-23-2015 10:25 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  
(02-23-2015 10:20 PM)Dasville Wrote:  

For the G5 looking for that elusive P5 invite...yes, you are correct - football is king. For those already with the P5 golden ticket (especially in one the most lucrative P5 conferences) that is not the case. The Big Ten isn't kicking anyone out. The Rutgers athletic department is failing, and they can no longer use finances as an excuse.

If B1G $ can't save Rutgers, then shame on Rutgers and lesson learned.

B1G $ isn't a cure and doesn't make your grass green.
02-23-2015 10:35 PM
Advertisement

gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
were they competitive in the A10 I dont remember. (other than the final 4 run in the mid 70's. or was that the a-8?)

Im sure improving FB is the top priority, im just surprised they would be that blatant about BB being on the back burner. Although i doubt that the comment in the article is an actual quote
02-23-2015 10:38 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
But you forget that college football isn't a priority around New York City. That's basketball country. You should know that already, dude.
02-23-2015 10:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dasville Offline
Heisman

(02-23-2015 10:56 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  
But you forget that college football isn't a priority around New York City. That's basketball country. You should know that already, dude.

I think several Olympic sports are important in that area.
02-23-2015 11:05 PM
RaiderRed Offline
Banned

I Root For: P5
(02-23-2015 09:15 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  

If UConn had a Big 10 invitation, we'd be expanding the Rent to 50K or 60K right now. We'd have cranes working all over Storrs and East Hartford.

Why does UConn need a Big 10 invite to expand their stadium? Normally schools expand because their fan base has bought every ticket possible and they need more seats.

Just curious?
02-23-2015 11:49 PM
NJ2MDTerp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland
Per Wiki, Rutgers won the A10 tournament in 1979 and 1989. I'm not sure what the problem is. There's a lot of local talent in NJ, and the competition in both the A10 and the BE was pretty good.
02-24-2015 12:04 AM
Advertisement

BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
I said this over on the AAC board... Out of all the schools I have watched UC play in CUSA, the BE, and now the AAC, who are in other conferences, Rutgers is the ONLY one I absolutely don't miss. Every other school I can find at least one thing I miss about.

Congratulations, and thank you, Big Ten on your newest member! You'll forever pour money down that drain and you'll never see any improvement... But that's your problem now.
02-24-2015 12:15 AM
sierrajip Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
Another Colorado, as far as I am concerned. Nothing against each school, but the improvement of their situation was not due to the school athletics itself.
02-24-2015 12:21 AM
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
(02-24-2015 12:15 AM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  I said this over on the AAC board... Out of all the schools I have watched UC play in CUSA, the BE, and now the AAC, who are in other conferences, Rutgers is the ONLY one I absolutely don't miss. Every other school I can find at least one thing I miss about.

Congratulations, and thank you, Big Ten on your newest member! You'll forever pour money down that drain and you'll never see any improvement... But that's your problem now.

So much anger.
02-24-2015 12:30 AM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(02-23-2015 11:49 PM)RaiderRed Wrote:  
(02-23-2015 09:15 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  

Why does UConn need a Big 10 invite to expand their stadium? Normally schools expand because their fan base has bought every ticket possible and they need more seats.

Just curious?

UConn v. OSU = more fan interest than UConn v. Tulane

(FWIW, I actually really like Tulane and would rather see a Tulane game, but I am very much in the minority.)
02-24-2015 03:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.