Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fat Punter on Youtube
Bookmark and Share
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CMU CHIPPEWAS

Crappies
Fat Punter on Youtube
I know some of you have never seen the "fat punter" play that won CMU the 1994 MAC championship. It's now on youtube under "CMU-BGSU 1994 Craig Fisher fake punt." Enjoy!
02-20-2015 03:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
RE: Fat Punter on Youtube

02-20-2015 05:32 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

Damn...so much I don't remember about that play. I was at the game. I always thought the play went towards the other end of the field...and I certainly don 't remember...and certainly can't explain...going for two after it!
02-20-2015 05:37 PM
JSF Offline
Rich, Good Looking, Has a Rapist Wit

I Root For: World Peace
I'm excited to finally experience a piece of MAC lore.
02-20-2015 07:50 PM
Advertisement

Sultan of Euphonistan Offline
All American

I Root For: Baritones
(02-20-2015 05:37 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Damn...so much I don't remember about that play. I was at the game. I always thought the play went towards the other end of the field...and I certainly don 't remember...and certainly can't explain...going for two after it!

Depending on where this video was retrieved they may have inverted/flipped the video to get around copyright law or something similar. You will sometimes see that on Youtube with TV shows (most often cartoons wince you won't notice the difference as much). The other common trick is to change the speed of the video slightly or change the pitch of the music/speech of the video.
02-20-2015 08:17 PM
cmufanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: cmu chippewas
(02-20-2015 08:17 PM)Sultan of Euphonistan Wrote:  
(02-20-2015 05:37 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Damn...so much I don't remember about that play. I was at the game. I always thought the play went towards the other end of the field...and I certainly don 't remember...and certainly can't explain...going for two after it!

Depending on where this video was retrieved they may have inverted/flipped the video to get around copyright law or something similar. You will sometimes see that on Youtube with TV shows (most often cartoons wince you won't notice the difference as much). The other common trick is to change the speed of the video slightly or change the pitch of the music/speech of the video.

Announcer said that put an arrow through the bg special teams03-shhhh
Also it was learned Flynn never called that play. Fischer did it on his own!!04-bow
02-20-2015 08:39 PM
CMichFan Offline

I Root For: CMU

Crappies
(02-20-2015 08:39 PM)cmufanatic Wrote:  

Announcer said that put an arrow through the bg special teams03-shhhh
Also it was learned Flynn never called that play. Fischer did it on his own!!04-bow

That did not surprise me. Especially since Flynn was reportedly looking shocked on the sidelines when Fischer took off! 04-jawdrop
02-21-2015 12:12 AM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

Yeah, but the play went towards the scoreboard end...or the south. I always remembered it going to the north.
02-21-2015 04:04 PM
GFlash68 Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State

Crappies
I would just like to add that it is now year 2015, and Lee Corso is still an IDIOT.
02-23-2015 04:26 PM
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CMU CHIPPEWAS

Crappies
(02-21-2015 04:04 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Yeah, but the play went towards the scoreboard end...or the south. I always remembered it going to the north.

Welcome to my world of early dementia.
02-23-2015 04:49 PM
Advertisement

Pulltown Falcon Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(02-20-2015 03:13 PM)CHIPPEWA ENEMA Wrote:  I know some of you have never seen the "fat punter" play that won CMU the 1994 MAC championship. It's now on youtube under "CMU-BGSU 1994 Craig Fisher fake punt." Enjoy!

NO!

03-hissyfit03-hissyfit03-hissyfit Make it go away!03-hissyfit03-hissyfit03-hissyfit

03-hissyfit03-hissyfit03-hissyfitI'm reporting this thread!03-hissyfit03-hissyfit03-hissyfit
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2015 05:44 PM by Pulltown Falcon.)
02-23-2015 05:25 PM
Okie Chippewa Offline
All American

I Root For: The MAC

(02-21-2015 04:04 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Yeah, but the play went towards the scoreboard end...or the south. I always remembered it going to the north.

Let me guess; you were in actuality a BGSU player that day. Because they were all going the wrong way while the phat punter took thirty seconds to run 80 yards.
02-23-2015 05:49 PM
MacLord Offline
All American

I Root For:
WOW. Thanks to whoever found that.

I, too was at the game. Definitely the play went towards the south end zone. I actually remember it exactly as it happened, EXCEPT... it was... painfully...slower... epically...forever... as it happened. Partially because on the BG side, we didn't have an announcer to tip us off. It was like, we were just excited to get the ball back and there was no doubt to anyone that the game was BG's after the punt. The punt that never came. So... you're just waiting looking for the ball to go up, come down, and then, what's this? Fat guy running? Running? Wait? Still running? Well he's not gonna— Oh my gosh, he is really gonna score! (Funny to see him even directing traffic in that video!). And the huge CMU visiting section was going nuts and the BG side, well, we were just as dead silent as could be.

Sidenote, BG takes kickoff and scores TD in like two plays. Then failed to recover onside kick. Game over.

Thanks for the (painful) memories, but also, great to finally see it. Had not seen it since it happened before my very eyes.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2015 05:10 PM by MacLord.)
02-24-2015 05:09 PM
Advertisement

exCincy Kid1 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I remember watching that game and as a "MAC homer", I was really bummed at the time since in those days the MAC only got one bowl game and I thought BG was the best overall representative for the MAC in a bowl game that year....my memory may be hazy but I seem to recollect CMU went on to lose their bowl game that year....I don't recall if it was a competitive game or not.
02-27-2015 04:25 PM
MacLord Offline
All American

I Root For:
Was not competitive. CMU got killed by UNLV in the Vegas Bowl that year. Their best RB (besides their punter) was either hurt or kicked off team prior to the game. So it wasn't good for the league in that sense.

BG had lost their first game of the season, barely, to NC State, destroyed everyone else on their schedule and then lost the fat punter game to become one of a long line of deserving MAC teams to sit at home at bowl time.
02-27-2015 04:35 PM
CMichFan Offline

I Root For: CMU

Crappies
(02-27-2015 04:35 PM)MacLord Wrote:  Was not competitive. CMU got killed by UNLV in the Vegas Bowl that year. Their best RB (besides their punter) was either hurt or kicked off team prior to the game. So it wasn't good for the league in that sense.

BG had lost their first game of the season, barely, to NC State, destroyed everyone else on their schedule and then lost the fat punter game to become one of a long line of deserving MAC teams to sit at home at bowl time.

Brian Pruitt suffered a knee injury prior to the bowl game. 03-banghead He had literally run over UNLV in the first meeting. It didn't help that UNLV's best LB -- who missed the first contest -- played in the bowl. That bowl game was where it began to be apparent that Dick Flynn was an excellent DC or position coach, but not a good HC. 03-weeping
02-27-2015 08:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.