Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kent State at Ohio University
fallsdog Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State
Kent State at Ohio University
Tip time at the Convo is 2:00PM. The game will be televised on Time Warner Cable Sports.

The Bobcats have lost three straight games and currently sit at 4-9 in MAC play, 9-15 overall.

So far, there is nothing about this game preview that I like. But, Elton Alexander predicted an OU turnaround a few times this year, so that makes me feel better. More important, the fact is that if Kent State is a true contender, the Flashes should go and take it to the Bobcats.

Maurice N'dour has put up some impressive numbers this season, leading the team in scoring and rebounding. 5'11 senior Javarez Willis and 6'6 sophomore Antonio Campbell have also had solid seasons for the Cats.

Ohio has not held a team under 60 during conference play. If the Flashes can find some offensive balance I like their chances.

Kent State 68
Ohio Univ. 57
Defense! Defense!
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2015 08:29 AM by fallsdog.)
02-20-2015 08:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
RE: Kent State at Ohio University
Ohio and #SaulBall pretty much suck. That said, it's still the Convo and will be a difficult game. Go get the win and come home 1 step closer to March.
02-20-2015 08:33 AM
fallsdog Offline
All American

Check out today's Lorain Morning Journal for an interesting article about the 20-0 Lorain Titans. The Titans are paced by KSU commit Devon Andrews.

http://www.morningjournal.com/sports/201...postseason
02-20-2015 08:35 AM
JSF Offline
Rich, Good Looking, Has a Rapist Wit

I Root For: World Peace
Let's pump the breaks here.

Bean Willis is not having a "solid" season, he's a huge reason why the team is bad. He can shoot a little, but he's also an unrepentant gunner with no offensive or defensive awareness. This team won't get any better until he and Taylor are gone.

Ohio is 3-3 at home in conference, including a loss to NIU. The Convo is far from an impenetrable fortress. Beating the Bobcats is simple: Pressure the guards. They can't handle it and don't know what to do.
02-20-2015 12:37 PM
fallsdog Offline
All American

(02-20-2015 12:37 PM)JSF Wrote:  Let's pump the breaks here.

Bean Willis is not having a "solid" season, he's a huge reason why the team is bad. He can shoot a little, but he's also an unrepentant gunner with no offensive or defensive awareness. This team won't get any better until he and Taylor are gone.

Ohio is 3-3 at home in conference, including a loss to NIU. The Convo is far from an impenetrable fortress. Beating the Bobcats is simple: Pressure the guards. They can't handle it and don't know what to do.

Glad to see you drop in JSF. Its hard to believe that for the 2nd straight year one of these two teams has a losing conference record heading into matchup number two. A wise man once told me, "Rob Senderoff will be fine, Kent State will be fine." Let me extend those sentiments to Saul Phillips and the Ohio University Bobcats. If it were easy as coming in, taking over a program and winning right away then Ball State would be the class of the league by now.

Having not watched the Bobcats play this season, with the exception of the game at the MAC Center, you must forgive my blunder.

Looking at statistics alone I was intrigued by a guard who has started 23 of 24 contests, leads the team in scoring average and assists and shoots 84% from the line.

That said, I certainly understand your frustration and can relate to watching the numbers lie.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2015 12:58 PM by fallsdog.)
02-20-2015 12:57 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
(02-20-2015 08:35 AM)fallsdog Wrote:  Check out today's Lorain Morning Journal for an interesting article about the 20-0 Lorain Titans. The Titans are paced by KSU commit Devon Andrews.

Shooting 70% - Holy ISH.
02-20-2015 01:57 PM
Advertisement

JSF Offline

(02-20-2015 12:57 PM)fallsdog Wrote:  A wise man once told me, "Rob Senderoff will be fine, Kent State will be fine." Let me extend those sentiments to Saul Phillips and the Ohio University Bobcats. If it were easy as coming in, taking over a program and winning right away then Ball State would be the class of the league by now.

Sure. I have 100% confidence in Saul. This is just an ugly transition year, so far as I'm concerned. It happens.

Quote:Having not watched the Bobcats play this season, with the exception of the game at the MAC Center, you must forgive my blunder.

Looking at statistics alone I was intrigued by a guard who has started 23 of 24 contests, leads the team in scoring average and assists and shoots 84% from the line.

The thing with him, statistically, is he'll either go 6-8 or 1-9. One of those guys. But he's going to put them up either way.
02-20-2015 02:35 PM
bball4me Offline
2nd String

Any update on Hall?
02-20-2015 05:03 PM
anti-zip Offline
All American

I Root For: kent state!
(02-20-2015 01:57 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  
(02-20-2015 08:35 AM)fallsdog Wrote:  Check out today's Lorain Morning Journal for an interesting article about the 20-0 Lorain Titans. The Titans are paced by KSU commit Devon Andrews.

Shooting 70% - Holy ISH.

His teammate, Naz Bohannon, 6'5" Soph. averaging 14.5ppg and 7.1rpg. Might be someone to keep an eye on too, especially if he grows a couple inches.
02-20-2015 07:20 PM
davepi2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ohio

Good evaluation of my Bobcats. Willis is having a bad year. Yes if he gets hot as against Akron and Eastern he can be tough but more often then not he is throwing up bricks after only about 5 seconds off the shot clock with nobody to rebound. The assessment of pressuring the guards is correct. Willis is guilty of constant turnovers, Taylor not as bad but not good. They have trouble under pressure late in the game just getting the ball inbounds. The bigs aren't bad but the guards never get the ball to them down low so they wind up taking too many threes themselves. Except when they try to drive the basket and more often then not get called for traveling. Quite frankly I have seen better guard play in d3 this year then anything in Athens. Axelrod at Ohio Wesleyan is certainly better then Ohio's guards. You will win this easily. Now if they would just postpone the game till tomorrow so I can get down there. TV game though so that is not happening.
02-21-2015 10:35 AM
luckyflash Offline
1st String

I Root For: GOLDEN FLASHES
(02-20-2015 05:03 PM)bball4me Wrote:  Any update on Hall?

Cleared to play limited minutes based on conditioning.
02-21-2015 10:41 AM
Advertisement

JSF Offline

Weather in SEO is pretty bad; most of the area under a level 2 snow emergency. Attendance won't be great.
02-21-2015 10:58 AM
barndog Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(02-20-2015 05:03 PM)bball4me Wrote:  Any update on Hall?

http://www.recordpub.com/sports/2015/02/...-to-action
02-21-2015 11:26 AM
thanksjim Offline
All American

I Root For: KSU
(02-21-2015 10:58 AM)JSF Wrote:  Weather in SEO is pretty bad; most of the area under a level 2 snow emergency. Attendance won't be great.

Perfect!
02-21-2015 12:09 PM
perimeterpost Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
(02-21-2015 10:35 AM)davepi2 Wrote:  

Good evaluation of my Bobcats. Willis is having a bad year. Yes if he gets hot as against Akron and Eastern he can be tough but more often then not he is throwing up bricks after only about 5 seconds off the shot clock with nobody to rebound. The assessment of pressuring the guards is correct. Willis is guilty of constant turnovers, Taylor not as bad but not good. They have trouble under pressure late in the game just getting the ball inbounds. The bigs aren't bad but the guards never get the ball to them down low so they wind up taking too many threes themselves. Except when they try to drive the basket and more often then not get called for traveling. Quite frankly I have seen better guard play in d3 this year then anything in Athens. Axelrod at Ohio Wesleyan is certainly better then Ohio's guards. You will win this easily. Now if they would just postpone the game till tomorrow so I can get down there. TV game though so that is not happening.

Bean is 6th in the MAC in scoring, 8th in FG%, 10th in 3pt%, 13th in assts and 13th in A/T. I agree that he has holes in his game but saying he's a huge reason why the team is having a bad season is a bit over kill. There's plenty of blame to go around.
02-21-2015 12:42 PM
KSU 93 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Kent State Univ
Any reason for why it isn't on 640?
02-21-2015 01:50 PM
Advertisement

anti-zip Offline
All American

I Root For: kent state!
According to the blackout map on ESPN3 this game isn't blacked out in NEO. That just made my day.
02-21-2015 01:59 PM
fallsdog Offline
All American

Not a bad start. Both teams are cold. Keep the offensive possessions under control.
02-21-2015 02:23 PM
ilovegymnast Offline
All American

Game was blacked out for me on ESPN3 so I tethered my computer to my phone and can watch the game.
02-21-2015 02:28 PM
fallsdog Offline
All American

Setty is back on the floor. Good, very good.
02-21-2015 02:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.