02-19-2015 01:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
RE: Heels open 2016 vs UGA in Chick-Fil-a Kickoff
So U[sic]GA sends out the old Georgia Dome by absolutely CRUSHING the Tar Heels -- probably breaking in a first year head coach -- by 3 to 4 touchdowns. That won't be embarrassing for the league at all. GT under PJ has been to the Orange Bowl twice. And beaten U[sic]GA twice. Since '08. And UNC has done even worse against GT (one win) than GT has done against U[sic]GA. This was a brain dead move by UNC.
02-19-2015 02:03 PM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

I Root For: ACC
SkunkworksDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals
Caulton Tudor ‏@CaultonTudor 4m4 minutes ago
Via @WRALSportsFan: UNC, UGa to meet in 2016 Chick-Fil-A Kickoff. Should be about 65 degrees warmer than 1971 Peach. http://fw.to/8GQPmBg

-----

Y'all beat me to it.

HUGE get for the Heels and the ACC
02-19-2015 02:15 PM
Lucy Offline
All American

I Root For: Wake Forest

DonatorsCrappies
Go Dawgs! Beat the Cheaters like unruly children!
02-19-2015 02:17 PM
HRFlossY Offline
1st String

I Root For: L' ville
I guess I'll break the pattern here and say Go UNC.!04-cheers
FLossY Out...04-wine
02-19-2015 02:49 PM
jaminandjachin Offline
All American

I Root For: UNC
(02-19-2015 02:03 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  So U[sic]GA sends out the old Georgia Dome by absolutely CRUSHING the Tar Heels -- probably breaking in a first year head coach -- by 3 to 4 touchdowns. That won't be embarrassing for the league at all. GT under PJ has been to the Orange Bowl twice. And beaten U[sic]GA twice. Since '08. And UNC has done even worse against GT (one win) than GT has done against U[sic]GA. This was a brain dead move by UNC.

Unless he leaves for another job, Larry Fedora will be coaching in that game.
02-19-2015 03:04 PM
Advertisement

samandrea Offline
Special Teams

(02-19-2015 02:03 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  So U[sic]GA sends out the old Georgia Dome by absolutely CRUSHING the Tar Heels -- probably breaking in a first year head coach -- by 3 to 4 touchdowns. That won't be embarrassing for the league at all. GT under PJ has been to the Orange Bowl twice. And beaten U[sic]GA twice. Since '08. And UNC has done even worse against GT (one win) than GT has done against U[sic]GA. This was a brain dead move by UNC.

Didn't Carolina beat GT this year?
02-20-2015 09:46 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(02-20-2015 09:46 AM)samandrea Wrote:  

Yep. First UNC win over GT since 2008 (2nd win since 2004). It is a bit ironic that GTS is talking smack about beating UGA twice in the exact same span (and in fact you have to go back to 2000 for a 3rd GT win over UGA).
02-20-2015 11:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

(02-19-2015 02:17 PM)Lucy Wrote:  Go Dawgs! Beat the Cheaters like unruly children!

You wash your mouth out with soap right this instant young lady. 05-nono
02-20-2015 12:39 PM

(02-20-2015 11:01 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(02-20-2015 09:46 AM)samandrea Wrote:  

Yep. First UNC win over GT since 2008 (2nd win since 2004). It is a bit ironic that GTS is talking smack about beating UGA twice in the exact same span (and in fact you have to go back to 2000 for a 3rd GT win over UGA).

Smack? I'm expressing the futility GT has had against U[sic]GA, then remarking that UNC's futility against GT is EVEN WORSE than that. Scheduling insane gets you absolutely nothing. Case in point: Virginia. Cavman played a legit hard OOC pretty much every year under London. I don't see anybody saying "UVA should go bowling at one win under .500 because look how tough that schedule was. Surely if they loaded up on cupcakes they would have gone to a bowl." UVA played the best. And it did nothing but pile up the loss column and prevent them from going to as many bowls. It is a myth that you get rewarded for scheduling truly hard.

And yea, UNC beat GT this year. And VT beat Ohio State. Both results were similar in nature in that the team that lost wasn't the same team shortly thereafter.
02-20-2015 12:44 PM
Lucy Offline
All American

DonatorsCrappies
(02-20-2015 12:39 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(02-19-2015 02:17 PM)Lucy Wrote:  Go Dawgs! Beat the Cheaters like unruly children!

Hatred for the Cheaters >>>>>>>>>>>>> Hatred for the Dawgs
02-20-2015 01:16 PM
Advertisement

lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

Some are positing that the ACC Office help to arrange this game in lieu of possible post season bowl sanctions - ala Penn State.

This would be the best way for the league to monetize UNC football if they draw a couple years of sanctions. Every effort will be made to keep the sanctions off the basketball program, so that makes the football program the sacrificial Dorsett Ram.

I guess someone needs to alert the Hogans. 03-shhhh
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2015 01:36 PM by lumberpack4.)
02-20-2015 01:34 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(02-20-2015 01:16 PM)Lucy Wrote:  

So I guess you'll be rooting for the Dome roof to collapse?
02-20-2015 01:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lucy Offline
All American

DonatorsCrappies
(02-20-2015 01:43 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

01-lucy

ETA: as long as my sister doesn't go to the game (she's a Dawg alumna).
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2015 02:22 PM by Lucy.)
02-20-2015 02:21 PM
jaminandjachin Offline
All American

(02-20-2015 01:34 PM)lumberpack4 Wrote:  Some are positing that the ACC Office help to arrange this game in lieu of possible post season bowl sanctions - ala Penn State.

This would be the best way for the league to monetize UNC football if they draw a couple years of sanctions. Every effort will be made to keep the sanctions off the basketball program, so that makes the football program the sacrificial Dorsett Ram.

Who else could play in the game? Louisville is playing this year so they're not getting 2 years in a row. Clemson is playing Auburn. FSU is getting Ole Miss. VT is getting Tenn. The game officials said they wanted SEC-ACC and they wanted Georgia so that ruled out GT. Miami and UNC were really the only other options. UNC travels well to Atlanta so it makes sense.
02-20-2015 02:59 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(02-20-2015 01:43 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

If the Falcons can work out a deal to play at Bobby Dodd for the 2016 season can we implode it early?
02-20-2015 06:53 PM
Advertisement

lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

(02-20-2015 02:59 PM)jaminandjachin Wrote:  
(02-20-2015 01:34 PM)lumberpack4 Wrote:  Some are positing that the ACC Office help to arrange this game in lieu of possible post season bowl sanctions - ala Penn State.

Who else could play in the game? Louisville is playing this year so they're not getting 2 years in a row. Clemson is playing Auburn. FSU is getting Ole Miss. VT is getting Tenn. The game officials said they wanted SEC-ACC and they wanted Georgia so that ruled out GT. Miami and UNC were really the only other options. UNC travels well to Atlanta so it makes sense.

You mean you think UNC would create a better gate in Atlanta than BC? 04-cheers

I'm not saying that UNC doesn't make sense. I know State would not take that because in 2016 we already have ND, ECU, You, FSU, Clemson, and Louisville.

And if memory and my alumni association mag is correct, Atlanta is the third largest UNC grad hub in North America behind North Carolina and NY. My point was that the scuttle was that the league office pushed this on you in case you are off the bowl board for 2016.

I don't see NC State going to Atlanta for another one-off game unless there is a contract that guarantees the game is played on Saturday and not the Labor Day weekend and not Friday night. Too many of our season ticket holders that would travel are still at Wrightsvlle Beach, Topsail Beach, Atlantic, and Sunset, etc., etc., for the LD weekend.

Even then, our interests are probably better served by a one-off against Penn State in DC or South Carolina/Auburn in Charlotte.
02-20-2015 10:09 PM
jaminandjachin Offline
All American

(02-20-2015 10:09 PM)lumberpack4 Wrote:  

I'm not saying that UNC doesn't make sense. I know State would not take that because in 2016 we already have ND, ECU, You, FSU, Clemson, and Louisville.

And if memory and my alumni association mag is correct, Atlanta is the third largest UNC grad hub in North America behind North Carolina and NY. My point was that the scuttle was that the league office pushed this on you in case you are off the bowl board for 2016.

I don't see NC State going to Atlanta for another one-off game unless there is a contract that guarantees the game is played on Saturday and not the Labor Day weekend and not Friday night. Too many of our season ticket holders that would travel are still at Wrightsvlle Beach, Topsail Beach, Atlantic, and Sunset, etc., etc., for the LD weekend.

Even then, our interests are probably better served by a one-off against Penn State in DC or South Carolina/Auburn in Charlotte.

I just don't see the conspiracy theory side. I think the Chick Fil-A folks wanted ACC-SEC and this is what happened.
02-20-2015 10:50 PM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina

1)Actually there are more Carolina alumni in the Atlanta area than any place outside of the state of North Carolina.

2)You will find our season ticket holders own places at Figure 8 and Bald Head Islands but attend the games anyway.

3)I really miss that State-South Carolina rivalry, it was nasty
02-20-2015 10:57 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(02-20-2015 10:57 PM)XLance Wrote:  

1)Actually there are more Carolina alumni in the Atlanta area than any place outside of the state of North Carolina.

2)You will find our season ticket holders own places at Figure 8 and Bald Head Islands but attend the games anyway.

3)I really miss that State-South Carolina rivalry, it was nasty

Then why don't they draw better for GT games there?
02-20-2015 11:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.