Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CSNBBS Message Board At Center of Law Suit Among WMU Fans and Broncos Board Posters
Bookmark and Share
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
CSNBBS Message Board At Center of Law Suit Among WMU Fans and Broncos Board Posters
This is legal mess involves at least three posters and Bronco donor implicating WMU coaching staff. I feel it's too slimy to post any links. Hope it works out without damaging the WMU football program.

As the GEICO ad states: words can hurt.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2015 09:39 PM by NewMex RocketFan.)
02-18-2015 09:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
RE: CSNBBS Message Board At Center of Law Suit Among WMU Fan and Broncos Board Posters
I used to hang out on their boards some. They had the nastiest and funniest guys in the league and two of the three named were constantly hurling insults at each other. That was sort of comical but the stuff involved in this- not as much.
02-18-2015 09:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: CSNBBS Message Board At Center of Law Suit Among WMU Fans and Broncos Board Posters
(02-18-2015 09:41 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  I used to hang out on their boards some. They had the nastiest and funniest guys in the league and two of the three named were constantly hurling insults at each other. That was sort of comical but the stuff involved in this- not as much.

I'm pretty sure a lot of folks aren't laughing now with the suits involved.
02-18-2015 09:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: CSNBBS Message Board At Center of Law Suit Among WMU Fans and Broncos Board Posters
(02-18-2015 09:43 PM)NewMex RocketFan Wrote:  
(02-18-2015 09:41 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  I used to hang out on their boards some. They had the nastiest and funniest guys in the league and two of the three named were constantly hurling insults at each other. That was sort of comical but the stuff involved in this- not as much.

Oh they look good in suits. Three button if not mistaken. Stiff collar too boot.
02-18-2015 11:04 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(02-18-2015 11:04 PM)gobaseline Wrote:  

Oh they look good in suits. Three button if not mistaken. Stiff collar too boot.

Yeah, boots are good to wear with your suit in the Desert.
02-18-2015 11:13 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-18-2015 11:13 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(02-18-2015 11:04 PM)gobaseline Wrote:  

Yeah, boots are good to wear with your suit in the Desert.

Certainly in the High Desert
02-18-2015 11:17 PM
Advertisement

Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
That's a shame.
02-18-2015 11:52 PM
RocketJeff Offline
Heisman

Considering the amount of money the donor gives to the university, I don't think the lawsuit is about the money. It's vexing why she cares what gets posted to a message board but she obviously wasn't having an affair with the coach.
02-20-2015 02:06 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
To me it's money well spent, making people accountable for what they say to harm others. Not vexing at all to me.

That wasn't a private little conversation that goes away when the booze is peed out. It's here, forever. If those posters had no basis for what they wrote, the lack of class aside, then a little money out of pocket may make people think twice about what they're doing on message boards. My concern would be when or if you hold the website accountable. I would have problem with that if all the site was doing was providing a forum, as opposed to promoting the defamation.
02-20-2015 05:15 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Such a shame... Its a sports forum people. Stay classy.
02-20-2015 06:02 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

Yeah, I'm not sure why anyone would find that vexing. I'd be furious if was her. That's the sort of internet bullying that we see with teens and the problems it causes are well documented. Rumors could cause an adult her marriage, friends, a job....it's not harmless fun by a bunch of lovable clowns. It's mean-spirited vitriol aimed at costing a coach his job or a blameless woman her family.
02-20-2015 06:44 AM
Advertisement

MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-20-2015 06:02 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Such a shame... Its a sports forum people. Stay classy.

Have you ever read an article on line from a blogger then read the comments below the article? It really makes me scared to think these people exist in our communities and are allowed to hold a job and drive a car. Morons is a simple term you hear a lot about those folks, but it is actually an insult to a real moron. Even they have more common sense and brains than most of the people that post on the internet.

I don't know a thing about what is going on over on the WMU board, but I am all for getting a few of these posters paying a lot of cash for knowingly creating and spreading lies about others. It is the only way to drive home a point that they are not really anonymous and they have to be held accountable for their actions.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2015 06:38 PM by MotoRocket.)
02-20-2015 06:37 PM
RocketJeff Offline
Heisman

It just wouldn't be worth it to me. Would you want to spend that amount of time in court dealing with lawyers? Not me. Maybe a few dozen people read the post. Maybe one or two actually care or believe it. With the lawsuit it hits regional news (maybe eventually national news) and now millions are aware of the rumor and an exponential number believe it.
02-20-2015 07:43 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
all good points.
02-20-2015 08:27 PM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
So what exactly happened on the WMU board. From what I gather, some posters were making comments about an alleged affair of some kind (not using names) and it also involved a booster and a coach? Is there an article somewhere that I missed?
02-21-2015 12:21 PM
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(02-21-2015 12:21 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  So what exactly happened on the WMU board. From what I gather, some posters were making comments about an alleged affair of some kind (not using names) and it also involved a booster and a coach? Is there an article somewhere that I missed?

Just Google "Deadspin WMU Booster's wife"...
02-21-2015 02:03 PM
Advertisement

MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-21-2015 02:03 PM)RangerRocket Wrote:  
(02-21-2015 12:21 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  So what exactly happened on the WMU board. From what I gather, some posters were making comments about an alleged affair of some kind (not using names) and it also involved a booster and a coach? Is there an article somewhere that I missed?

got it. Kind of stupid of them to take a rumor and run with it. The supposed anonymity of a computer makes people feel like they are ten foot tall and bulletproof.....
02-21-2015 02:39 PM
SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOLEDO ROCKETS
(02-21-2015 02:03 PM)RangerRocket Wrote:  

The headline certainly got right to the point.
02-21-2015 02:56 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(02-20-2015 07:43 PM)RocketJeff Wrote:  It just wouldn't be worth it to me. Would you want to spend that amount of time in court dealing with lawyers? Not me. Maybe a few dozen people read the post. Maybe one or two actually care or believe it. With the lawsuit it hits regional news (maybe eventually national news) and now millions are aware of the rumor and an exponential number believe it.

Perhaps the lady in question feels it's an issue of principle that affects many, many others. This info is posted on boards all over the country. Next time someone wants to defame someone on an Alabama or T A&M board where thousands will see it they'll think twice. Maybe people will take personal responsibility for what they post and perhaps that's her motive.
02-21-2015 07:17 PM
RocketJeff Offline
Heisman

(02-21-2015 07:17 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(02-20-2015 07:43 PM)RocketJeff Wrote:  It just wouldn't be worth it to me. Would you want to spend that amount of time in court dealing with lawyers? Not me. Maybe a few dozen people read the post. Maybe one or two actually care or believe it. With the lawsuit it hits regional news (maybe eventually national news) and now millions are aware of the rumor and an exponential number believe it.

Perhaps the lady in question feels it's an issue of principle that affects many, many others. This info is posted on boards all over the country. Next time someone wants to defame someone on an Alabama or T A&M board where thousands will see it they'll think twice. Maybe people will take personal responsibility for what they post and perhaps that's her motive.

They will think twice and take the second step to post anonymously.
02-22-2015 10:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.