dawgitall Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU/ASU/NCSU
ACA Overtime 2015
Quote:Confirmed 2015 QHPs: 10,520,242 as of 2/15/15
Estimated: 11.90M (9.04M via HCgov) as of 2/15/15
state-level targets (revised)
Estimated 2015 ACA Policy Enrollment: 32.0M
(18.6M Paid QHPs (10.4M Exchange-based +8.2M OFF-Exchange), 13.4M Medicaid/CHIP)
02-16-2015 07:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
RE: ACA Overtime 2015
Dawg, that's like kicking everyone out of their homes and then announcing the next day that home sales are up.
02-16-2015 07:47 PM
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

(02-16-2015 07:47 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  Dawg, that's like kicking everyone out of their homes and then announcing the next day that home sales are up.

No it is just the numbers, but spin it whatever way you like.04-cheers
02-16-2015 07:49 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(02-16-2015 07:45 PM)dawgitall Wrote:  
(18.6M Paid QHPs (10.4M Exchange-based +8.2M OFF-Exchange), 13.4M Medicaid/CHIP)

If you want to know how trustworthy those numbers are, keep in mind the democrats are frantically attempting to extend the deadline for enrollment. Seems like a bunch of people will be having a bite taken out of their refund check this year, and its going to be hard to pin that on the republicans.

1. So this law has pissed off people who had insurance before by replacing that insurance with a crappy high deductible piece of sh*t.

2. This law has pissed off those who paid and signed up, only to find out that if they get sick or hurt, they have to pay out the nose because of the high deductibles.

3. The people that said screw this, I'm not signing up, will get hit with a huge penalty increase this year.

Yep, I would say by this time next year, the dems would have pissed off just about everybody.
02-16-2015 11:22 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
(02-16-2015 11:22 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  ...its going to be hard to pin that on the republicans.

2. This law has pissed off those who paid and signed up, only to find out that if they get sick or hurt, they have to pay out the nose because of the high deductibles.

For most citizens, if they actually take the time to do the math, paying even a high penalty New TAX is the smarter decision than actually enrolling in any "insurance" offered through the ACA. Wait until you get sick enough to make it more affordable to sign up than not. Pay cash out of pocket for any ancillary doctor visits/actual medical needs. In most cases, the vast majority of people can negotiate major discounts for medical care as most doctors/hospitals/providers (but not all of them) will take the certainty of significantly less cash up front for much less than having to file/get denied by ACA "insurance" panels.

The truth is that the smartest and sanest decision the vast majority (but not all) Americans can make these days is to go un"insured' as long as possible, and only sign up at the very last minute and only when healthcare cost becomes catastrophic. That is the best play to beat this shell game/ponzi scheme that the government has whitewashed the people with.
02-17-2015 04:24 AM
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

(02-17-2015 04:24 AM)GoodOwl Wrote:  
(02-16-2015 11:22 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  ...its going to be hard to pin that on the republicans.

For most citizens, if they actually take the time to do the math, paying even a high penalty New TAX is the smarter decision than actually enrolling in any "insurance" offered through the ACA. Wait until you get sick enough to make it more affordable to sign up than not. Pay cash out of pocket for any ancillary doctor visits/actual medical needs. In most cases, the vast majority of people can negotiate major discounts for medical care as most doctors/hospitals/providers (but not all of them) will take the certainty of significantly less cash up front for much less than having to file/get denied by ACA "insurance" panels.

The truth is that the smartest and sanest decision the vast majority (but not all) Americans can make these days is to go un"insured' as long as possible, and only sign up at the very last minute and only when healthcare cost becomes catastrophic. That is the best play to beat this shell game/ponzi scheme that the government has whitewashed the people with.

Just hope you don't get cancer or have a heart attack in the spring because you will be uninsured until January 1st 2016.
02-17-2015 11:38 AM
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
For some reason when I first saw the post I thought of a stock ticker.

That would sure be fun. Just let people buy each day like a commodity! LOL
02-17-2015 11:40 AM
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

(02-16-2015 11:22 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

If you want to know how trustworthy those numbers are, keep in mind the democrats are frantically attempting to extend the deadline for enrollment. Seems like a bunch of people will be having a bite taken out of their refund check this year, and its going to be hard to pin that on the republicans.

1. So this law has pissed off people who had insurance before by replacing that insurance with a crappy high deductible piece of sh*t.

3. The people that said screw this, I'm not signing up, will get hit with a huge penalty increase this year.

Yep, I would say by this time next year, the dems would have pissed off just about everybody.

1. Polling doesn't seem to back up that statement.
2. People select the plan they feel fits their needs when they buy insurance regardless of on or off the exchange. There are plans with high deductibles and lower premiums and there are plans with high premiums and lower deductibles. People have to be wise consumers but even then they can make the wrong call sometimes.
3. The tax is 2% of their income isn't it? So if they make 100k a year that is 2k. If they would have been paying a $250 premium they saved 1k. If they never need medical care all year it looks to me like they come out pretty good. Of course I can't imagine a person making 100k a year being stupid enough to not have health insurance.
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2015 11:52 AM by dawgitall.)
02-17-2015 11:50 AM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
I can't believe people actually support something that basically says "You'll buy my insurance or you'll pay a penalty."

That's not a democracy, man.
02-17-2015 11:53 AM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(02-17-2015 11:50 AM)dawgitall Wrote:  
(02-16-2015 11:22 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

1. Polling doesn't seem to back up that statement.
2. People select the plan they feel fits their needs when they buy insurance regardless of on or off the exchange. There are plans with high deductibles and lower premiums and there are plans with high premiums and lower deductibles. People have to be wise consumers but even then they can make the wrong call sometimes.
3. The tax is 2% of their income isn't it? So if they make 100k a year that is 2k. If they would have been paying a $250 premium they saved 1k. If they never need medical care all year it looks to me like they come out pretty good. Of course I can't imagine a person making 100k a year being stupid enough to not have health insurance.

None. Are. Affordable.
02-17-2015 11:55 AM
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

(02-17-2015 11:53 AM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  I can't believe people actually support something that basically says "You'll buy my insurance or you'll pay a penalty."

We are a Republic.04-cheers
02-17-2015 11:56 AM
Advertisement

LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(02-17-2015 11:56 AM)dawgitall Wrote:  
(02-17-2015 11:53 AM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  I can't believe people actually support something that basically says "You'll buy my insurance or you'll pay a penalty."

We are a Republic.04-cheers

Yeah that's what I said....!.....that's not a republic, man!
02-17-2015 12:01 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

(02-17-2015 11:38 AM)dawgitall Wrote:  

Just hope you don't get cancer or have a heart attack in the spring because you will be uninsured until January 1st 2016.

Not true, I can just marry some random dude and get covered immediately. After all, that is a qualifying life changing event. Then I'll quit my job, estimate my next years income at $0, and you can pay for my healthcare AND all my medical treatment. Im going for the finest treatment I can screw you out of as well, so start working some overtime. Or you will need to cut back on your wifes medication. I dont care which. Just be prepared to pay.

How's that plan sound to you?
02-17-2015 01:15 PM
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
ACA Overtime 2015

Which works only if you have sufficient forewarning of an oncoming illness. If you unexpectedly get hurt in a car wreck or some other sort of accident, and don't have insurance, you might as well ask to be taken from the hospital to bankruptcy court.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
02-17-2015 01:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

(02-17-2015 01:15 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

Not true, I can just marry some random dude and get covered immediately. After all, that is a qualifying life changing event. Then I'll quit my job, estimate my next years income at $0, and you can pay for my healthcare AND all my medical treatment. Im going for the finest treatment I can screw you out of as well, so start working some overtime. Or you will need to cut back on your wifes medication. I dont care which. Just be prepared to pay.

Scam artists will always be out there. Thanks for the warning. So you recover eventually. You are in a sham marriage, (what exactly is your "dude" getting out of this?) and unemployed when you come out on the other side. That is sad.
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2015 01:25 PM by dawgitall.)
02-17-2015 01:20 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

(02-17-2015 01:20 PM)dawgitall Wrote:  
(02-17-2015 01:15 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

Scam artists will always be out there. Thanks for the warning.

Scam. hahaha Its the law. It is Obamacare. Now, get to work and pay your fair share. I might stub my toe later today and need to go to the emergency room.
02-17-2015 01:23 PM
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12

Don't upset them. It's only Tuesday. 03-lmfao
02-17-2015 01:32 PM
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

(02-17-2015 01:32 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

It is amazing how posting some simple numbers without any editorial comment can get so many panties in a wad.07-coffee3
02-17-2015 01:45 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
(02-17-2015 01:45 PM)dawgitall Wrote:  
(02-17-2015 01:32 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

It is amazing how posting some simple numbers without any editorial comment can get so many panties in a wad.07-coffee3

Because they want it to fail.

How on earth can people believe they are patriotic and at the same time want an American policy to fail?
02-17-2015 01:52 PM
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

The 2/16/15 update puts the confirmed number up to 10,526,912 and the estimated number at 12 million.
02-17-2015 01:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.