Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Okay, so who would you say is in the wrong on this one..
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
Okay, so who would you say is in the wrong on this one..
There's a FARK discussion going on over This interview letter rejection.

Basically guy goes in for interview (or so he's told)... Apparently either the interviewer doesn't like him, or he literally bombs the interview... He's promised they'd contact him that day..

No response, so he sends off an email, voicemail and text message... And then gets this:

[Image: email.jpg]

At first I wanted to side with the lady thinking the guy was a disaster of an interview, but then I read some of her comments to the press:

Quote:In a statement to The Herald, Ms Haseler said: "his was not an official interview for employment; we were looking for a self-employed labourer to help out, as and when, doing basic labouring, such as carrying materials and digging holes.

So now we have interviews for non-employment? Really? I can understand if she said "first" interview.. or something like that.

Quote:"Unfortunately, I now realise that it was in fact the other email which was sent in error, which was never supposed to be seen by him, it was just what I was thinking (and yes, considering all that I have stated above that was what I was thinking). I must stress this was my personal opinion, and not the opinion of the company, and the email written, although sent in error, was in retaliation to a person insulting me."

Then I got to thinking... at the "non-employment" interview... isn't she the face and opinion of the company?

Now that's not to say the guy wasn't a total a$$.. (he may have well been as I've been on the employer side of the table and just "KNEW" after the first couple of sentences whether or not a guy was going to get further consideration from me.), but I'm trying to see anyway where I can't find the "professoinal" (the hirer) not being the one at fault in this mess.
02-13-2015 03:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
RE: Okay, so who would you say is in the wrong on this one..
"Just a quick email to say that you promised to phone me today."

If somebody I interviewed said that to me I would tell them to "F- off" as well. I would have just used those words though. I wouldn't have wasted my time with some long diatribe.

I've had a lot of pricks come through my office looking for a job. I don't usually call any of them but have sent out a form letter saying thanks but no thanks.

BTW, they seem to have been looking for a contractor. It doesn't change much.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2015 03:33 PM by HeartOfDixie.)
02-13-2015 03:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
It appears that she's in the wrong. And very unprofessional. But I'm confused - it talks about how the interviewee was supposed to be professional, but her quote says it was for a laborer to carry materials and dig holes.
02-13-2015 03:36 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
this thread defines why I am self-employed....
02-13-2015 03:53 PM
Advertisement

UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
Because no one would hire you?
02-13-2015 04:25 PM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
(02-13-2015 04:25 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  Because no one would hire you?

LOL.. I have to admit, I was gonna go there on ya stink, but it's hard to go after a fellow alum :)
02-13-2015 04:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(02-13-2015 04:30 PM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  
(02-13-2015 04:25 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  Because no one would hire you?

LOL.. I have to admit, I was gonna go there on ya stink, but it's hard to go after a fellow alum :)

I hope he knows it was tongue in cheek, but he just lobbed it up there and handed me the bat.
02-13-2015 04:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.