Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hey Liberty!
Bookmark and Share
Murray007 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
Hey Liberty!
Welcome to the boards from this ODU fan! I enjoyed the game against you all two years ago (crazy win for the Monarchs!), and I hope there might be another game in the future.

Feel free to come to the ODU board whenever you all want (http://csnbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=688). Our online community of ODU fans is normally civil, unless the basketball team or football team is losing! COGSCOGSCOGS

Good luck with the FBS quest as well!
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 02:33 PM by Murray007.)
02-12-2015 02:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty U/Clemson
RE: Hey Liberty!
(02-12-2015 02:31 PM)Murray007 Wrote:  Welcome to the boards from this ODU fan! I enjoyed the game against you all two years ago (crazy win for the Monarchs!), and I hope there might be another game in the future.

Feel free to come to the ODU board whenever you all want (http://csnbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=688). Our online community of ODU fans is normally civil, unless the basketball team or football team is losing! COGSCOGSCOGS

Herroh
02-12-2015 02:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NewTimes Offline
All American

I Root For: Flames & Canes
(02-12-2015 02:31 PM)Murray007 Wrote:  Welcome to the boards from this ODU fan! I enjoyed the game against you all two years ago (crazy win for the Monarchs!), and I hope there might be another game in the future.

Thanks Murray007. The ODU board has had many members voice their support for LU. We appreciate that.

Everyone at LU would love to play ODU on a regular basis. When we played a couple of years ago, it was a great game that ODU pulled out at the last moment.

Kudos to ODU for achieving FBS membership in a very short time. We hope to join you soon.
02-12-2015 02:41 PM
Libertygrad01 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Liberty & UK
If ODU can keep those tidewater kids home they could be a monster program.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
02-12-2015 04:09 PM
Advertisement

knucklehead Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty
Thanks man
02-12-2015 04:45 PM
GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
Cheers to Old Dominion!

I hope to give you some payback soon!
02-12-2015 05:50 PM
RocketJeff Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
I don't mean to impose on the discussion, but this seems to be a "Welcome to the forum" thread so I thought I'd chime in too. We've (Toledo) played several times and hopefully will again. Good luck in all your endeavors and welcome to the forum!
02-15-2015 07:30 AM
Advertisement

GE and MTS Offline

(02-15-2015 07:30 AM)RocketJeff Wrote:  I don't mean to impose on the discussion, but this seems to be a "Welcome to the forum" thread so I thought I'd chime in too. We've (Toledo) played several times and hopefully will again. Good luck in all your endeavors and welcome to the forum!

I remember our last game (2007 I believe). It was a very competitive game and we were leading late before you guys scored twice to take the win. I'd enjoy playing you guys again and maybe one day we'll be FBS and host you.
02-15-2015 09:36 AM
NewTimes Offline
All American

(02-15-2015 07:30 AM)RocketJeff Wrote:  I don't mean to impose on the discussion, but this seems to be a "Welcome to the forum" thread so I thought I'd chime in too. We've (Toledo) played several times and hopefully will again. Good luck in all your endeavors and welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the kind invite words RocketJeff. What's the lastest rumblings on the MAC board with UMass, JMU and future of the MAC and memberships?
02-15-2015 09:43 AM
RocketJeff Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(02-15-2015 09:43 AM)NewTimes Wrote:  
Thanks for the kind invite words RocketJeff. What's the lastest rumblings on the MAC board with UMass, JMU and future of the MAC and memberships?

I have no insider information, but as of now, UMASS will be leaving the MAC at the end of this season. Maybe something will be worked out but I haven't heard anything. It appears MAC administrators are moving away from having football-only members so any new schools will have to be in for all sports. The MAC has lost three members recently and two of those were football-only schools. I think the MAC administration wants stability so any future expansion will involve teams that will be full members, will stick around for a while, and add something to the conference. That's why they gave UMASS notice that they need to be full members of the conference or find a new home for their football program. Personally, I think there could be an agreement reached with UMASS that would be mutually beneficial. I think many fans of MAC teams would like to see some teams juggled around with a new conference being formed bringing in teams that are looking to move their football programs from fcs to fbs, and some of the other G5 teams, but fans don't make those decisions.
02-16-2015 03:53 PM
Advertisement

NewTimes Offline
All American

(02-16-2015 03:53 PM)RocketJeff Wrote:  
(02-15-2015 09:43 AM)NewTimes Wrote:  

I have no insider information, but as of now, UMASS will be leaving the MAC at the end of this season. Maybe something will be worked out but I haven't heard anything. It appears MAC administrators are moving away from having football-only members so any new schools will have to be in for all sports. The MAC has lost three members recently and two of those were football-only schools. I think the MAC administration wants stability so any future expansion will involve teams that will be full members, will stick around for a while, and add something to the conference. That's why they gave UMASS notice that they need to be full members of the conference or find a new home for their football program. Personally, I think there could be an agreement reached with UMASS that would be mutually beneficial. I think many fans of MAC teams would like to see some teams juggled around with a new conference being formed bringing in teams that are looking to move their football programs from fcs to fbs, and some of the other G5 teams, but fans don't make those decisions.
Is the sentiment that if the MAC expands southward that it can get away from the Ohio/Michigan shadow? Who are the teams being considered? A couple of years ago I replied to a MAC post about LU being a MAC member and was quickly ushered out the door by most board posters. Has that changed? And then there's most everyone consensus number 1, JMU. Any action there?
02-16-2015 04:02 PM
GE and MTS Offline

The MAC allegedly turned down Liberty a few years ago. LU does not fit the profile of schools they want in the conference. If the MAC was desperate to get into the state of Virginia, they would ask JMU who would probably accept. If for some reason JMU declined or the MAC wanted to double down in Virginia, then ODU would be their next target with Liberty as a last option. Liberty would be an invite to the MAC only in order for the conference to survive.
02-16-2015 05:24 PM
NewTimes Offline
All American

(02-16-2015 05:24 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  The MAC allegedly turned down Liberty a few years ago. LU does not fit the profile of schools they want in the conference. If the MAC was desperate to get into the state of Virginia, they would ask JMU who would probably accept. If for some reason JMU declined or the MAC wanted to double down in Virginia, then ODU would be their next target with Liberty as a last option. Liberty would be an invite to the MAC only in order for the conference to survive.
That's a different position than RocketJeff, a MAC member just said. JMU is likely the 1st choice of the MAC if the conference wants to expand eastward. The negative responses I received from the MAC board when mentioning LU was even more scathing than many of the SBC. That's why I asked RocketJeff if a shift towards LU was occurring. For ODU to depart the C-USA for the MAC does not seem feasible. Most would consider that a backwards move with or without LU or JMU. Hopefully RocketJeff will return and share some more thoughts.
02-16-2015 05:44 PM
GE and MTS Offline

(02-16-2015 05:44 PM)NewTimes Wrote:  
(02-16-2015 05:24 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  The MAC allegedly turned down Liberty a few years ago. LU does not fit the profile of schools they want in the conference. If the MAC was desperate to get into the state of Virginia, they would ask JMU who would probably accept. If for some reason JMU declined or the MAC wanted to double down in Virginia, then ODU would be their next target with Liberty as a last option. Liberty would be an invite to the MAC only in order for the conference to survive.
That's a different position than RocketJeff, a MAC member just said. JMU is likely the 1st choice of the MAC if the conference wants to expand eastward. The negative responses I received from the MAC board when mentioning LU was even more scathing than many of the SBC. That's why I asked RocketJeff if a shift towards LU was occurring. For ODU to depart the C-USA for the MAC does not seem feasible. Most would consider that a backwards move with or without LU or JMU. Hopefully RocketJeff will return and share some more thoughts.

As must as I enjoyed his input to the board, RocketJeff provided no inside information and just his opinion. He didn't mention Liberty, JMU, or anyone else so I don't know how I'm completely different of what he said. And for the record, I never thought ODU would go to the MAC if they were asked, but I was illustrating that Liberty would be after ODU in the priority list of the conference.
02-17-2015 06:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.