Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

More cultishiness from Joe bots
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

I Root For: UCF
More cultishiness from Joe bots
Not only do they want the statue back but they also want Emmert fired for the sanctions (not bc he's an inept screwup).

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...penn-state

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...ky-scandal
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 11:00 AM by jaredf29.)
02-12-2015 10:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TexanMark Online
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: More cultishiness from Joe bots
Joebots so predictable...sigh.
02-12-2015 11:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(02-12-2015 10:50 AM)jaredf29 Wrote:  Not only do they want the statue back but they also want Emmert fired for the sanctions (not bc he's an inept screwup).

You read it your own way. I read it as he wanted Emmert fired because he was an inept screwup and deceitful. The sanctions case was the example. I think its pretty hard to not view the way that was handled (whatever part of it you don't like-too soft, too hard, too wishy-washy) as a screwup.
02-12-2015 11:36 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
The cult is alive and well.
02-12-2015 11:54 AM
NittanyLion Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: PSU, Cincinnati
Dr. Emmert did not give Penn State "due process" back in July 2012, the "due process" they should have been awarded as a member institution in the NCAA.

Regardless of one's opinion on Penn State and how they should have been penalized ---- the above is pretty much an inarguable fact IMO.

I'm not sure if that reached the level of a fireable offense as regards Emmert, but neither do I think that calling for his firing is a ridiculous ("cultish" if you will) opinion to have either.

Much like other characters in this whole mess --- there is absolutely a fair amount to criticize Emmert for as regards his behavior.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 12:05 PM by NittanyLion.)
02-12-2015 12:03 PM
NittanyLion Offline
Special Teams

FWIW --- a more detailed look at the numbers support something I've been saying for years --- that the "JoeBots" (to use the original posters term) skew to the older and less educated demographic.

Eventually those folk will die or fade away (though it will take about a generation, e.g., 20 years). But it's an absolute fact that more recent PSU grads and younger folk are less likely to be "cultish" (to use the original posters term) as regards Mr. Paterno.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-event...aseID=2135
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 12:41 PM by NittanyLion.)
02-12-2015 12:38 PM
Advertisement

bullitt_60 Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
The comments to the ESPN article are infuriating. Does anyone inside the Penn State bubble see what the rest of the country sees?
02-12-2015 12:52 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-12-2015 12:52 PM)bullitt_60 Wrote:  The comments to the ESPN article are infuriating. Does anyone inside the Penn State bubble see what the rest of the country sees?

Nope, and I doubt they ever will. The walling-off continues.
02-12-2015 01:03 PM
MplsBison Offline
Banned

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota
(02-12-2015 10:50 AM)jaredf29 Wrote:  Not only do they want the statue back but they also want Emmert fired for the sanctions (not bc he's an inept screwup).

Meanwhile, "Penn_State_raped_the_children"-bots -- like yourself -- continue on in faux amazement that once the actual truth is known, people want to (attempt to) right the wrongs that were committed.

Corman is dead on correct -- Emmert should be roasted, toasted and bunt to a crisp for the fraud he committed. I can only hope to hope that it somehow happens, but we all know reality. At best, Emmert would resign before anything really nasty happened.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 01:57 PM by MplsBison.)
02-12-2015 01:55 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

The victim mentality is infecting everything these days. The great American pursuit these days is to label themselves a victim and fight the invisible man.
02-12-2015 01:59 PM
MplsBison Offline
Banned

(02-12-2015 01:59 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  The victim mentality is infecting everything these days. The great American pursuit these days is to label themselves a victim and fight the invisible man.

There were victims and there was a criminal.

It shouldn't have been anything more than that.
02-12-2015 02:04 PM
Advertisement

lance99 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Akron Zips
I want Emmert gone, but for different reasons than this.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
02-12-2015 02:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
(02-12-2015 02:34 PM)lance99 Wrote:  I want Emmert gone, but for different reasons than this.
I'm with you there. I've wanted him gone for about a decade now.

And his replacement is already standing in the wings.
02-12-2015 02:41 PM
NittanyLion Offline
Special Teams

(02-12-2015 02:41 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 02:34 PM)lance99 Wrote:  I want Emmert gone, but for different reasons than this.
I'm with you there. I've wanted him gone for about a decade now.

And his replacement is already standing in the wings.

Do you mean this literally? Emmert didn't even have a role at the NCAA until mid-2010.
02-12-2015 03:01 PM
USFRamenu Away
Enthusiast

I Root For: South Florida
So wait a minute?

You mean to tell me that;

1, Jerry Sandusky did not molest any children within the confines of the property known as the university of Pennsylvania, AKA Penn State.

2, Jerry Sandusky was not seen to have been committing a sexual act on a child in the showers of one of the athletic departments buildings on Penn State.

3, Joe Paterno wasn't informed of a possible sexual act being committed by Jerry Sandusky on a child in one of the athletic buildings of Penn State.

4, Joe Paterno didn't fail to report this act as any other normal responsible human being would have.

5, Those in charge at Penn State didn't continue to provide access to the athletic buildings on Penn State to Jerry Sandusky even though he was forced to retire under suspicion of committing crimes against children.

Shocked, I'm simply shocked. They're right, Emmert must go. 07-coffee3

Keep your blinders on. Remember there are more Lemmings in the world then there are Foxes to hunt them. Just steer clear of cliffs and chances are good that you'll be fine. 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 05:01 PM by USFRamenu.)
02-12-2015 04:30 PM
CrazyPaco Offline
All American

I Root For:
Or that there wasn't a concerted institutional coverup that has resulted in charges against the university president, athletic director, and a senior vice chancellor? My lord. It's the most stunning and tragic example of a lack of institutional control in the history of sports. Flat out sickening.
02-12-2015 04:59 PM
Advertisement

NittanyLion Offline
Special Teams

(02-12-2015 04:30 PM)USFRamenu Wrote:  So wait a minute?

1, Jerry Sandusky did not molest any children within the confines of the property known as the university of Pennsylvania, AKA Penn State.

2, Jerry Sandusky was not seen to have been committing a sexual act on a child in the showers of one of the athletic departments buildings on Penn State.

3, Joe Paterno wasn't informed of a possible sexual act being committed by Jerry Sandusky on a child in one of the athletic buildings of Penn State.

4, Joe Paterno failed to report this act as would any other normal responsible human being.

5, Those in charge at Penn State continued to provide access to the athletic buildings on Penn State to Jerry Sandusky even though he was forced to retire under suspicion of committing crimes against children.

Keep your blinders on. Remember there are more Lemmings in the world then there are Foxes to hunt them. Just steer clear of cliffs and chances are good that you'll be fine. 04-cheers

Even if all of 1-5 are true, the following question has nothing to do with 1-5:

(a) In July 2012, did Mark Emmert and the NCAA give "due process" to Penn State, a member institution of the NCAA that was entitled to such by the NCAA's own Constitution?

THAT is the question.

Many people answer with: "No, Penn State was not given due process, but that's fine because in this case we are fine with suspending/changing the rules. We are fine with suspending/changing the rules because #1-#5 above are true."

IMO, that is not a valid answer (and would not be for ANY NCAA member institution).

Fair enough if others disagree.

(on a side note: per our criminal justice system, Jerry Sandusky was found NOT guilty on a charge of "involuntary deviate sexual intercourse" as regards the individual McQueary saw in March 2002. I'm not necessarily saying Sandusky didn't do something, but per the standards of our justice system and "proving a charge beyond a reasonable doubt", #1 above was not shown true in the courtroom.)
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 05:04 PM by NittanyLion.)
02-12-2015 05:03 PM
NittanyLion Offline
Special Teams

(02-12-2015 04:59 PM)CrazyPaco Wrote:  Or that there wasn't a concerted institutional coverup that has resulted in charges against the university president, athletic director, and a senior vice chancellor? My lord. It's the most stunning and tragic example of a lack of institutional control in the history of sports. Flat out sickening.

Sure there are "charges" against Curley/Spanier/Schultz.

Yes, the Freeh Report laid out a compelling case against those same three.

But it's also true that there are not (as of today) convictions in an actual courtroom. None of those three (as of today) have been found criminally guilty of a single thing. Nothing.

IMO, the standard for finding someone guilty in America should be the criminal justice system, not an independent investigation run by someone who lacks subpoena power.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 05:10 PM by NittanyLion.)
02-12-2015 05:09 PM
MplsBison Offline
Banned

4, Joe Paterno didn't fail to report this act as any other normal responsible human being would have.

5, Those in charge at Penn State didn't continue to provide access to the athletic buildings on Penn State to Jerry Sandusky even though he was forced to retire under suspicion of committing crimes against children.

1) The U of Penn is located in Philadelphia.

2) Sandusky did indeed commit a (horrible) crime. Nonetheless, that crime has nothing to do with the NCAA.

3 & 4) The prosecutor in this case is on record that Paterno committed no crimes. Whether you believe he committed an immoral act is for your own judgement.

So while there is the issue of if the statue should be replaced or not, what is unquestionable is that the NCAA had nothing to do with the fact that Paterno committed no crime and possibly made immoral decisions.

5) Perhaps PSU admin were indeed guilty of covering up a (horrible) crime. That in itself would be a crime. If found guilty, they should be judged in a court of law. Etc.

NCAA has nothing to do with that.

Somehow you, like many others (sadly), have equated the retraction of a blatant fraud committed by NCAA president Emmert with the complete whitewashing of the crimes that took place.

Sandusky is still in prison. He was a child rapist and hopefully he will die in prison, soon enough.

The school either has or will (not sure) settle out of court with each victims for millions of dollars.

Why do you need more than that??
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 05:11 PM by MplsBison.)
02-12-2015 05:09 PM
USFRamenu Away
Enthusiast

I Root For: South Florida
(02-12-2015 05:03 PM)NittanyLion Wrote:  

4, Joe Paterno failed to report this act as would any other normal responsible human being.

5, Those in charge at Penn State continued to provide access to the athletic buildings on Penn State to Jerry Sandusky even though he was forced to retire under suspicion of committing crimes against children.

Even if all of 1-5 are true, the following question has nothing to do with 1-5:

(a) In July 2012, did Mark Emmert and the NCAA give "due process" to Penn State, a member institution of the NCAA that was entitled to such by the NCAA's own Constitution?

THAT is the question.

Many people answer with: "No, Penn State was not given due process, but that's fine because in this case we are fine with suspending/changing the rules. We are fine with suspending/changing the rules because #1-#5 above are true."

IMO, that is not a valid answer (and would not be for ANY NCAA member institution).

Fair enough if others disagree.

(on a side note: per our criminal justice system, Jerry Sandusky was found NOT guilty on a charge of "involuntary deviate sexual intercourse" as regards the individual McQueary saw in March 2002. I'm not necessarily saying Sandusky didn't do something, but per the standards of our justice system and "proving a charge beyond a reasonable doubt", #1 above was not shown true in the courtroom.)

How many years passed and evidence lost do to your beloved Penn State ignoring the writes of children. Seriously, go live in a cave somewhere. Nothing will ever happen to you and you won't have to worry about reporting anything either.

Where was Due Process for the Child Victims???? Where were those whom should have been their protectors???? Oh I forgot, they were busy enabling Mr. Sandusky. Your continued support of this issue has more to do with your cult then the laws of this country. 05-nono
02-12-2015 05:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.