Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
RE: Posted without comment
sigh

edit: oh look, suddenly 100+ people are browsing this board
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 03:57 PM by SilentStryk09.)
02-05-2015 03:53 PM
Nacho Offline
Heisman

Hello 95+ guests.
02-05-2015 03:58 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

Oh lord, here we go again...
02-05-2015 04:04 PM
CardersCrew Offline
Bench Warmer

(02-05-2015 03:53 PM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  sigh

edit: oh look, suddenly 100+ people are browsing this board

02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana
02-05-2015 04:05 PM
cajunrajan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: cmu
Too bad WMU can never do anything newsworthy on the field....you know, like win the MAC ever.
02-05-2015 04:14 PM
Advertisement

CardersCrew Offline
Bench Warmer

(02-05-2015 04:14 PM)cajunrajan Wrote:  Too bad WMU can never do anything newsworthy on the field....you know, like win the MAC ever.

Here's something newsworthy from the field...

http://www.wmubroncos.com/ViewArticle.db...=209778692
02-05-2015 04:19 PM
Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

(02-05-2015 04:14 PM)cajunrajan Wrote:  Too bad WMU can never do anything newsworthy on the field....you know, like win the MAC ever.

Your program isn't exactly lighting things up right now either.

Scoreboard.
02-05-2015 04:22 PM
New School Bronco Offline
1st String

Man its always fun to be taking a knee in Mt. Unpleasant
02-05-2015 04:22 PM
broncos24 Offline
All American

I used to enjoy this board.

The constant pissing contests between posters (usually the same two posters, who shockingly, appear in the suit) and persistent calls for coaches heads (Fire Hawkins, Fire Fleck) were enough for me to disappear.

People who were named in the suit should be ashamed of themselves. Hopefully, if found guilty, justice will prevail.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 05:50 PM by broncos24.)
02-05-2015 04:27 PM
BroncoFaithful Offline
1st String

I'm certainly no legal scholar, but don't you have to be able to show damages in order to receive remuneration? While the postings in question were certainly vulgar and defamatory, I fail to see how they could cause any tangible damages.

I also question the wisdom of this lawsuit as it only seems to call further attention to the rumors which, prior to now, were just the pointless remarks of a few yahoos, on a board that is read by a couple hundred people at the most (Although, as SilentStryk09 pointed out, our readership has grown significantly in the last few hours).
02-05-2015 05:02 PM
Advertisement

WMUslappy Offline
Water Engineer

(02-05-2015 05:02 PM)BroncoFaithful Wrote:  I'm certainly no legal scholar, but don't you have to be able to show damages in order to receive remuneration? While the postings in question were certainly vulgar and defamatory, I fail to see how they could cause any tangible damages.

I also question the wisdom of this lawsuit as it only seems to call further attention to the rumors which, prior to now, were just the pointless remarks of a few yahoos, on a board that is read by a couple hundred people at the most (Although, as SilentStryk09 pointed out, our readership has grown significantly in the last few hours).
02-05-2015 05:06 PM
CardersCrew Offline
Bench Warmer

(02-05-2015 05:02 PM)BroncoFaithful Wrote:  I'm certainly no legal scholar, but don't you have to be able to show damages in order to receive remuneration? While the postings in question were certainly vulgar and defamatory, I fail to see how they could cause any tangible damages.

THIS. Now people that read the Mlive article are going to question what the original rumors were, only drawing more attention to the issue that the lawsuit is about.
02-05-2015 05:25 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

Is the lawsuit public record? If so it might be interesting to see the defendants listed ONLY by the online pseudonyms...
02-05-2015 05:37 PM
WMUslappy Offline
Water Engineer

(02-05-2015 05:25 PM)CardersCrew Wrote:  

THIS. Now people that read the Mlive article are going to question what the original rumors were, only drawing more attention to the issue that the lawsuit is about.

Desperate attempt by some posters to be relevant. Bullies getting a taste of their own medicine
02-05-2015 05:42 PM
JPWMU Offline
1st String

I Root For: \/\/ |\/| |_|
How would one go about finding out court dates for this? I'd love to watch the proceedings live.
02-05-2015 07:35 PM
Advertisement

7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

I Root For: NIU
(02-05-2015 07:35 PM)JPWMU Wrote:  How would one go about finding out court dates for this? I'd love to watch the proceedings live.
There's no way this actually goes to trial lol. They'll settle.
02-05-2015 09:10 PM
WesternSkillet Offline
All American

I Root For: LU
(02-05-2015 03:47 PM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/inde...cart_river

WE'RE FAMOUS!
02-06-2015 07:40 AM
Tommyboy Offline
1st String

Re: RE: Posted without comment

As far as damages go, it's not difficult to figure some options. One simple option (just a hypothetical) is that there were or are marital problems, and even without such problems real damages could occur from the hiring of a PI, or simply marriage counseling. Such rumors would certainly cause problems within a church community, including the possibility of church discipline. From the business side, such rumors may cost sales as people question the stability of the business in a divorce situation. Showing the value of these damages is the tricky part.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
02-06-2015 07:45 AM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
I wouldn't have lumped in ChipDip with the other two idiots in this case. Hoople and DB were overjoyed to push that rumor. I don't remember seeing that from Dip.
02-06-2015 07:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.