Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Tom Brady to give MVP truck to Malcolm Butler
Bookmark and Share
usm99 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
OT: Tom Brady to give MVP truck to Malcolm Butler
I'm not a Tom Brady fan by any means and still not but nice gesture by him none the less

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id...olm-butler
02-03-2015 12:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FIUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: FIU
RE: OT: Tom Brady to give MVP truck to Malcolm Butler
(02-03-2015 12:32 PM)usm99 Wrote:  I'm not a Tom Brady fan by any means and still not but nice gesture by him none the less

He should give it to the ball-boy.
02-03-2015 12:35 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(02-03-2015 12:32 PM)usm99 Wrote:  I'm not a Tom Brady fan by any means and still not but nice gesture by him none the less

don't understand the brady hate.....he and Montana are/were the generals that make/made it happen...

I think it's an easily a cool gesture from a guy I have zero bad words for.....
02-03-2015 12:39 PM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Nice move by Brady.

I also don't understand the hate. Dude gave up more money on a contract in the past so they could sign more talent to keep winning. He's always been a team first guy.
02-03-2015 01:29 PM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
After the game when they gave him the MVP Trophy and showed the truck he won, I instantly thought he should right then say he was giving the truck to Butler. Better late than never I guess.
02-03-2015 01:42 PM
Advertisement

blazed247 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UAB
They didnt mention that he gave it to him knowing that the tires were deflated
02-03-2015 01:55 PM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
Should give the truck to Pete Carroll and a thank you note...
02-03-2015 02:20 PM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
I remember thinking to myself during the presentation:

"What the hell Tom Brady going to do with a pickup?"
02-03-2015 02:26 PM
GO_MONARKS Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
(02-03-2015 02:26 PM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  I remember thinking to myself during the presentation:

"What the hell Tom Brady going to do with a pickup?"

Perhaps haul money$$$
02-03-2015 03:17 PM
Advertisement

lmckay92 Offline
Straight cash, homie.

I Root For: Marshall
So Gisele is still responsible for the taxes, right?
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2015 05:06 PM by lmckay92.)
02-03-2015 05:06 PM
Fatalisk Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
I hate Boston sports, as a STL Cardinal fan. Still, I really like Brady. Not a big fan of Peyton. I'm convinced Peyton's high popularity relative to Brady's is because one man is more handsome.
02-03-2015 06:15 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
(02-03-2015 05:06 PM)lmckay92 Wrote:  So Gisele is still responsible for the taxes, right?

Gisele's net worth is 320 million. Brady 's is 120 million. He not only is a great QB, he is a man that know's how to marry.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2015 07:40 PM by usmbacker.)
02-03-2015 07:39 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(02-03-2015 07:39 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 05:06 PM)lmckay92 Wrote:  So Gisele is still responsible for the taxes, right?

Gisele's net worth is 320 million. Brady 's is 120 million. He not only is a great QB, he is a man that know's how to marry.

I'm not certain what makes me mo' cryspy kringle crinkly

....the fact you googled it for no reason......

...or b/c you thought it mattered.....
02-03-2015 08:04 PM
Advertisement

LR Eagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USM
(02-03-2015 06:15 PM)Fatalisk Wrote:  I hate Boston sports, as a STL Cardinal fan. Still, I really like Brady. Not a big fan of Peyton. I'm convinced Peyton's high popularity relative to Brady's is because one man is more handsome.

Peyton has a way of making people think he's an ordinary guy who plays football, like Favre used to do. Brady embraces the fact that his life is better than ours and people hate him for it. Just my opinion.
02-03-2015 08:16 PM
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
These guys could care less about a chevy colorado. If it was a loaded escalade, sure, they would drive it. But not gonna see many superbowl mvps or any starter rolling around in a colorado lol.
02-03-2015 08:48 PM
Fatalisk Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
(02-03-2015 08:16 PM)LR Eagle Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 06:15 PM)Fatalisk Wrote:  I hate Boston sports, as a STL Cardinal fan. Still, I really like Brady. Not a big fan of Peyton. I'm convinced Peyton's high popularity relative to Brady's is because one man is more handsome.

Peyton has a way of making people think he's an ordinary guy who plays football, like Favre used to do. Brady embraces the fact that his life is better than ours and people hate him for it. Just my opinion.

The reason people think Peyton is an ordinary guy is because he's ugly. People hate Brady because he is more attractive than them and his wife is hotter than their's. Which player is the money whore who has numerous endorsements? Which player has no endorsements and focuses strictly on football? Which player doesn't let the backup QB in with a 40 pt 4th quarter lead? Which player choreographed his TD record celebration? Which player was the first overall draft pick? Which player was the 199th overall draft pick? Which player chokes in crunch time? Which player is a heroic in crunch time?

Someone please tell me how Peyton is more likable than Tom.
02-03-2015 09:20 PM
lmckay92 Offline
Straight cash, homie.

I Root For: Marshall
(02-03-2015 08:48 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  These guys could care less about a chevy colorado. If it was a loaded escalade, sure, they would drive it. But not gonna see many superbowl mvps or any starter rolling around in a colorado lol.

Hell, I'd rather have a Colorado. Escalades suck.
02-03-2015 10:24 PM
Advertisement

surlycanon Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Middle Tenn
(02-03-2015 09:20 PM)Fatalisk Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 08:16 PM)LR Eagle Wrote:  

The reason people think Peyton is an ordinary guy is because he's ugly. People hate Brady because he is more attractive than them and his wife is hotter than their's. Which player is the money whore who has numerous endorsements? Which player has no endorsements and focuses strictly on football? Which player doesn't let the backup QB in with a 40 pt 4th quarter lead? Which player choreographed his TD record celebration? Which player was the first overall draft pick? Which player was the 199th overall draft pick? Which player chokes in crunch time? Which player is a heroic in crunch time?

Someone please tell me how Peyton is more likable than Tom.

people love Chicken Parms?
02-03-2015 11:16 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
About that truck. Brady will have to pay $21,000 in taxes on that $34,000 truck. Gotta love the IRS!

IRS Sacks Tom Brady With ‘Super’ Tax Bill

snippet:

Quote:Brady’s prize from General Motors (GM) also carries a big tax bill. The Colorado—the same truck made famous during the World Series for its “technology and stuff”—is a taxable price under section 74 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Taxes are levied on the fair market value of the Colorado. Americans for Tax Reform went with a conservative estimate of $34,000, according TrueCar (TRUE) data.

So Brady owes $13,464 in prize taxes, or 39.6% of the market value. But it doesn’t end there.

Brady has said he is giving the Colorado pickup to cornerback Malcolm Butler, who secured the Super Bowl victory with a last-minute interception near the goal line.

As a result, Brady owes a gift tax on the transaction. The tax code allows up to $14,000 in tax-free gifts, meaning the Colorado is a taxable gift of $20,000. At the top rate of 40%, Brady needs to pay another $8,000, bringing his total tax bill for the truck to $21,464.
02-10-2015 12:08 PM
blazed247 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UAB
(02-10-2015 12:08 PM)VA49er Wrote:  About that truck. Brady will have to pay $21,000 in taxes on that $34,000 truck. Gotta love the IRS!

IRS Sacks Tom Brady With ‘Super’ Tax Bill

snippet:

Quote:Brady’s prize from General Motors (GM) also carries a big tax bill. The Colorado—the same truck made famous during the World Series for its “technology and stuff”—is a taxable price under section 74 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Taxes are levied on the fair market value of the Colorado. Americans for Tax Reform went with a conservative estimate of $34,000, according TrueCar (TRUE) data.

So Brady owes $13,464 in prize taxes, or 39.6% of the market value. But it doesn’t end there.

Brady has said he is giving the Colorado pickup to cornerback Malcolm Butler, who secured the Super Bowl victory with a last-minute interception near the goal line.

As a result, Brady owes a gift tax on the transaction. The tax code allows up to $14,000 in tax-free gifts, meaning the Colorado is a taxable gift of $20,000. At the top rate of 40%, Brady needs to pay another $8,000, bringing his total tax bill for the truck to $21,464.

he wipes his ass with anything under 100k
02-10-2015 01:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.