Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Deangelo on the Superbowl
Bookmark and Share
TIGER7880 Offline
Wahoowa Mourning Society

I Root For: Free Beer
"Seattle played chess when they should have played checkers".
02-02-2015 04:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
RE: Deangelo on the Superbowl
he's right...

Pete Carroll got caught trying to out think Bill Belichick...just run the ball, and you probably win.
02-02-2015 04:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HoopDreams Offline
Better Than Diamond Rings

I Root For: EXPECTATIONS
(02-02-2015 04:37 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  he's right...

Pete Carroll got caught trying to out think Bill Belichick...just run the ball, and you probably win.

If he would've run three straight times and not got in, he'd be questioned less today.

You want your team to have as many chances as possible to win.
02-02-2015 04:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TIGER7880 Offline
Wahoowa Mourning Society

I Root For: Free Beer
(02-02-2015 04:39 PM)HoopDreams Wrote:  

If he would've run three straight times and not got in, he'd be questioned less today.

Three things can happen when you throw the football at that point, and two of them are bad.
02-02-2015 04:41 PM
hopeum Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tiger basketbal
(02-02-2015 04:41 PM)TIGER7880 Wrote:  

Three things can happen when you throw the football at that point, and two of them are bad.

I thought Deangelo's interview was fantastic, he's a class act.

Wilson completed 12 passes all game long, and half of those were "up for grabs". The final call, as bad as it was, was mainly in part to a QB that couldn't execute it, and hadn't shown the capability to do so, the whole game. A QB that cant execute a simple slant? IMO Seattle shouldn't give him franchise money, where will he be when he's not elusive anymore? Running qbs have a very short shelf life.
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 04:56 PM by hopeum.)
02-02-2015 04:53 PM
Advertisement

ddramone Offline
All American

I Root For:
I recognize that Lynch doesn't have great success from inside the 5. However, giving the ball to Beast Mode 3 straight times and NOT getting into the end zone? Then, you just have to hand it to the New England defense and everyone just lets it be.

You gotta dance with the one you brought.

Marshawn Lynch carried the Seahawks pretty much all year (yes, pun intended).
02-02-2015 05:11 PM
BealeStreetTiger Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis
(02-02-2015 04:53 PM)hopeum Wrote:  

Wilson completed 12 passes all game long, and half of those were "up for grabs". The final call, as bad as it was, was mainly in part to a QB that couldn't execute it, and hadn't shown the capability to do so, the whole game. A QB that cant execute a simple slant? IMO Seattle shouldn't give him franchise money, where will he be when he's not elusive anymore? Running qbs have a very short shelf life.

Three things.

1. The receiver didn’t cut hard enough and didn’t protect the ball

2. The DB gambled and jumped on the slant at the snap

3. That play should have NEVER been called
02-02-2015 05:38 PM
Mick Light Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Actually those three can happen at any point when you throw the ball and the incompletion is not so bad at that point because it would have at least stopped the clock.
02-02-2015 05:38 PM
Mick Light Offline
Banned

(02-02-2015 05:38 PM)BealeStreetTiger Wrote:  

Three things.

On number 2 the defender claims he read the play because he got beat on that play in practice. He was coached to make the correct decision and he made a great play after getting "beat" on the pass down to the 5 yard line.
02-02-2015 05:40 PM
Advertisement

450bench Offline

Agreed...
02-02-2015 05:59 PM
presskh Offline
Heisman

If he catches the ball, coach is a genius and made a gutsy call. It was intercepted (probably happens a very low percentage of the time) and coach made a stupid call. I heard Pete's explanation of why the play was called and it made perfect sense - with his history of success, I'm not going to question his play calling.
02-02-2015 11:30 PM
selleg1 Offline
1st String

(02-02-2015 11:30 PM)presskh Wrote:  If he catches the ball, coach is a genius and made a gutsy call. It was intercepted (probably happens a very low percentage of the time) and coach made a stupid call. I heard Pete's explanation of why the play was called and it made perfect sense - with his history of success, I'm not going to question his play calling.

It makes about the same amount of sense as the call Pete made in the Rose Bowl for the national championship against Texas. Fourth and a half yard, and he doesn't even have the best player in the country, (Reggie Bush), in the game. And they get stuffed and lose the game.
02-02-2015 11:42 PM
tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-02-2015 11:30 PM)presskh Wrote:  If he catches the ball, coach is a genius and made a gutsy call. It was intercepted (probably happens a very low percentage of the time) and coach made a stupid call. I heard Pete's explanation of why the play was called and it made perfect sense - with his history of success, I'm not going to question his play calling.

Successful coaches makes mistakes as well and he made a mistake. One of the best running backs in the game, 3 possible tries for less than a yard....yeah, you use the best running back. The fact that many Seahawks players were shocked should also indicate that this was a very surprising and unnecessary play call.
02-02-2015 11:59 PM
Advertisement

bigbluedrew Offline
All American

I Root For: Coach Norvell
Very similar to the Tigers throwing the ball inside the 5 against Ole Miss in 2005 I believe. Should have just given the ball to 20
02-03-2015 12:17 AM
TigerTot Offline
2nd String

Three things.

In close quarters like that there are too many things that can go wrong. He has to make a clean catch or, if he bobbles it, there are too many defensive players that can grab the ball before it hits the ground. Much greater chance of an interception with a whole lot of defensive guys around than it would have been on a one-on-one in the flat.
02-03-2015 06:56 AM
mullinsworld Offline
REDEEMED

Change probably to definately and you have it right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
02-04-2015 07:45 PM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(02-02-2015 04:26 PM)TIGER7880 Wrote:  "Seattle played chess when they should have played checkers".

Good one. I am glad to have once met DeAngelo, his mother and step-father. Fine people.
02-07-2015 11:24 AM
Advertisement

Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
I don't disagree with a pass there, but at least run play action.
02-07-2015 11:33 AM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon

Three things.

Number 2 is invalid in the endzone. You ALWAYS jump a route once the receiver is in the endzone. Tackling in the endzone is one of the most stupid things I have ever seen a secondary do, and it happens all the time.
02-07-2015 02:03 PM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
We were all yelling mistake BEFORE the interception.

It was a stupid play call...TD or not.
02-07-2015 06:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.