WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How sad
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
How sad
Game going on as we speak. No one talking about i and few seem to care these days. Site has lost a lot of supportive fans and alums. I guess when you're a high profile program like WMU your fan base is limitless...............
01-31-2015 12:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU
RE: How sad
Who cares if the site has lost some support? You have stock in this place having a certain number of posts? I think it has to do with the noon start time, as well as the team just hasn't been playing that well as of late.
01-31-2015 01:00 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Certain events and personalities around here have driven many away.

As to today's game, I've been listening. Not much to comment on. The way we're playing, this team is going nowhere this season. Seem to be getting worse lately.

Can't watch it, and our flagship radio station was having major problems during pregame keeping a connection. Just like some that fashion themselves the interent message board police around here, MAC media is bush league.
01-31-2015 01:03 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

Trust me, there are guys like General who will find another program to support (see Oakland). You'll never see him here again. Others as well......
01-31-2015 01:12 PM
All American

(01-31-2015 01:12 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  Trust me, there are guys like General who will find another program to support (see Oakland). You'll never see him here again. Others as well......

If they change their allegiance or who they support based on a message board, then they aren't really fans are they? They could close this down tomorrow, and it wouldn't change one thing for me. I would still be bleeding brown and gold. Every day.
01-31-2015 01:16 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

Has nothing to do with the message board.

Were they fans? Well if giving money and showing up at every game as undergrads (even road games) counts then I'd say they were fans.
01-31-2015 01:23 PM
Advertisement

All American

(01-31-2015 01:23 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  Has nothing to do with the message board.

Were they fans? Well if giving money and showing up at every game as undergrads (even road games) counts then I'd say they were fans.

Why would that stop then? You suggested that a guy like General would stop giving his support. Your reasoning?
01-31-2015 01:25 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

This whole conversation is just silly.

I am in SYF's camp.

You're either a WMU fan or you aren't. A message board shouldn't have any impact. Stupid.
01-31-2015 01:47 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I've never been really active during basketball season for the simple fact that I'm just not too interested in the sport itself. I'm far more active when it comes to football.

There's also the situation of being a league that gets 1 invite to the post season, and that's awarded only to the winner of the MAC Tournament that everyone's invited to. Thus, the regular season has a bit of a "pre-season" vibe to it.
01-31-2015 02:17 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

It may be silly to you, fanboy but it points out how much things have changed around here since some of you deemed others' opinions as somehow a threat to your mancrush on a certain coach.

Congrats. You got what you wanted. A bunch of bobbleheads nodding in agreement.
01-31-2015 02:27 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

It is completely silly. You/They/Whoever we're talking about... take these message boards WAY too seriously. Like I said, you're either a fan or you aren't a fan. EOD.

Don't give me that "bobbleheads nodding in agreement" BS. You're nothing more than a part of their blind following. I've been plenty critical of things in the past, including football. It's just convenient to ignore that part of the narrative when it fits/doesn't fit.
01-31-2015 02:32 PM
Advertisement

All American

(01-31-2015 02:28 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  
(01-31-2015 01:47 PM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  This whole conversation is just silly.

I am in SYF's camp.

You're either a WMU fan or you aren't. A message board shouldn't have any impact. Stupid.

Heck, I know people who played, donated, posted here regularly. They're done.

It's just sad

That is sad. But again, done with what? Their support of the university? Or this message board?
01-31-2015 02:34 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

Judging message board activity in December and January is not a good gauge. And even during "great" hoops years, we've always been more of a football-oriented fanbase. We aren't Kent State or Akron.

Using myself as an example, I've been here since 2002, and with the exception of special cases like a hockey tourney or something, my post count always drops from the end of football season until late summer. And I surmise that's the case with a lot of posters.

As far as the fallout resulting from the 'infamous' rumor mega-thread, well... that's for others to debate. I'm glad I didn't touch all that mayhem with a 10 foot pole.
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2015 02:41 PM by Motown Bronco.)
01-31-2015 02:40 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

EOD? 03-lmfao

Sure, kiddo.

It is a legitimate discussion, regardless of whether or not you wish to engage in it or not.
01-31-2015 02:40 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

(01-31-2015 02:32 PM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  You're nothing more than a part of their blind following.

You're a joke, Hoeky. SYF and myself were here on this board well before BI was bought by scout (when you were probably in middle school). Once BI began to crumble into a mess, we invited folks to join us here so we wouldn't be the only ones posting.

I'm not a blind follower for anybody. That would describe yourself. It's so sad that some people have no self awareness.
01-31-2015 02:45 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(01-31-2015 01:16 PM)Stampede your face!! Wrote:  
(01-31-2015 01:12 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  Trust me, there are guys like General who will find another program to support (see Oakland). You'll never see him here again. Others as well......

If they change their allegiance or who they support based on a message board, then they aren't really fans are they? They could close this down tomorrow, and it wouldn't change one thing for me. I would still be bleeding brown and gold. Every day.

He got his masters from Oakland. Has every right to support them. They've been good to him............
01-31-2015 02:57 PM
Advertisement

wmutkelaw Offline

I Root For: WMU and VALPO
What can be done to make this place better? People allude to issues beyond the dispute about a coach...what other issues are you talking about? Again, let's figure out how to fix this place. I sincerely don't want to be part of the death of the board. All ears.
01-31-2015 03:22 PM
All American

(01-31-2015 03:17 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  
(01-31-2015 02:34 PM)Stampede your face!! Wrote:  
(01-31-2015 02:28 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  
(01-31-2015 01:47 PM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  This whole conversation is just silly.

I am in SYF's camp.

Heck, I know people who played, donated, posted here regularly. They're done.

It's just sad

That is sad. But again, done with what? Their support of the university? Or this message board?

All of the above

That's too bad. Dr. Dunn is doing some wonderful things.
01-31-2015 04:35 PM
Merry Miamian Offline
Water Engineer

WOW! I am overwhelmed by your sob stories, gentlemen! And I haven't heard the word "sad" so many times since the last funeral I went to. Excuse me for butting in, but I'm new here, and frankly, I think it's too early in the season for the kind of tears I'm reading here. This is a damn good team. I'm begging you to give them a break. All I'm hearing is you guys feeling sorry for yourselves. 05-nono
01-31-2015 08:43 PM
arrows80 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MSU, CMU
(01-31-2015 08:43 PM)Merry Miamian Wrote:  WOW! I am overwhelmed by your sob stories, gentlemen! And I haven't heard the word "sad" so many times since the last funeral I went to. Excuse me for butting in, but I'm new here, and frankly, I think it's too early in the season for the kind of tears I'm reading here. This is a damn good team. I'm begging you to give them a break. All I'm hearing is you guys feeling sorry for yourselves. 05-nono

God, this board is money.
01-31-2015 09:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.