UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A fast one by the BOT next month?
blzr4life Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UAB
A fast one by the BOT next month?
A concern that I have at next months BOT meeting is that PBJ, St. John or Epsy would try and pull a fast one by proposing to build something immediately where the current football offices, proposed IPF and practice field are located. They won't go away easily.

UAB Football or bust!!!
01-29-2015 07:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: A fast one by the BOT next month?
They thank you for the idea, if they haven't thought of it yet.
01-29-2015 08:11 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

The Ray Watts museum.
01-29-2015 08:24 PM
blzr4life Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-29-2015 08:11 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  They thank you for the idea, if they haven't thought of it yet.

Trust me, I do not want to give them any ideas, but I do not trust them period!!!
01-29-2015 08:30 PM
USAFBlazerFan Offline
Bleeding Green & Gold since '93

I Root For: UAB BLAZERS!!!
If they were that stupid (when there is nothing else on the UAB strategic plan to take those places), I think that would be akin to buying a full-page confession in the newspaper of their meddling.
01-29-2015 08:34 PM
LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
Has the BOT ever proposed building anything? Ever?
01-29-2015 08:38 PM
Advertisement

BlazerFire Offline
1st String

(01-29-2015 07:59 PM)blzr4life Wrote:  A concern that I have at next months BOT meeting is that PBJ, St. John or Epsy would try and pull a fast one by proposing to build something immediately where the current football offices, proposed IPF and practice field are located. They won't go away easily.

UAB Football or bust!!!

I've wondered the same thing… asking if there are any surveyor stakes out there. I wouldn't doubt the low-lifes try it.
01-29-2015 08:56 PM
anubus Offline
2nd String

I Root For: uab
I would like to build a septic tank and put the three turds and their poodle watts in and close the lid.
01-29-2015 09:22 PM
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
Their long term plan would be to make parking lot of it
01-29-2015 09:31 PM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Parking lot is easily converted. That wouldn't worry me. A five story building, now...

Thing is that if the go for something that obvious we raise unholy hell.
01-29-2015 09:40 PM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-29-2015 07:59 PM)blzr4life Wrote:  A concern that I have at next months BOT meeting is that PBJ, St. John or Epsy would try and pull a fast one by proposing to build something immediately where the current football offices, proposed IPF and practice field are located. They won't go away easily.

UAB Football or bust!!!

That would not be possible in that time frame. Plans would have to be circulated and contracts bid at the very least, not to mention that approving new buildings has several stages to go before the board before ground is broken.
01-29-2015 09:57 PM
Advertisement

blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
Well considering PBJ took an "unofficial poll" at some meeting prior to the one where the OCS was removed from the agenda, I'd imagine they've already had that on what to do w/ the space so it would only be a matter of the trucks showing up w/ the bulldozers so no need for it to be discussed as it's already been discussed/approved some time ago
01-29-2015 10:06 PM
rook360 Offline
All American

(01-29-2015 10:06 PM)blazerwkr Wrote:  Well considering PBJ took an "unofficial poll" at some meeting prior to the one where the OCS was removed from the agenda, I'd imagine they've already had that on what to do w/ the space so it would only be a matter of the trucks showing up w/ the bulldozers so no need for it to be discussed as it's already been discussed/approved some time ago

And if they that, it goes back to the OCS & the sunshine law.
01-29-2015 11:22 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
Unlikely. Part of the thrill for them is the exercise of unbridled power. Sneaking in a building to block a stadium admits there is a bridle on their power. One of the few ways these vile, foul-breathed, rancid-smelling old men can get themselves to harden is by saying "No" to UAB.
01-29-2015 11:34 PM
UABslant Offline

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Legally, the BOT does not have the power to direct UAB to build anything or even tell it where to put it.

But dropping verbal, untraceable hints to the president, VP of finance, and/or AD is something that some presume could be happening.
01-30-2015 12:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-29-2015 10:06 PM)blazerwkr Wrote:  Well considering PBJ took an "unofficial poll" at some meeting prior to the one where the OCS was removed from the agenda, I'd imagine they've already had that on what to do w/ the space so it would only be a matter of the trucks showing up w/ the bulldozers so no need for it to be discussed as it's already been discussed/approved some time ago

(01-29-2015 11:34 PM)58-56 Wrote:  Unlikely. Part of the thrill for them is the exercise of unbridled power. Sneaking in a building to block a stadium admits there is a bridle on their power. One of the few ways these vile, foul-breathed, rancid-smelling old men can get themselves to harden is by saying "No" to UAB.

But they couldn't do that. It would be illegal. They can sweep some things under the rug but spending millions of dollars out of the blue without anyone knowing about it would be over the line. It would be an act that even they couldn't justify.

Take the tinfoil hats off for a minute and think before you type.
01-30-2015 08:18 AM
Advertisement

58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(01-30-2015 08:18 AM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  But they couldn't do that. It would be illegal. They can sweep some things under the rug but spending millions of dollars out of the blue without anyone knowing about it would be over the line. It would be an act that even they couldn't justify.

Steel was being placed for the media center in Bryant-Denny Stadium before the Trustees approved construction - the UA alumni mag ran a very nice piece on it complete with color photos. Hopefully that will be among the many items discussed in the legislature's formal hearings.

That said, they're not going to rush a building onto the stadium site. It would interfere with the new Watts Monument (note the added hairpiece; the man's vanity knows no bounds):

[Image: 5730563311_2f3e5cec2e_b.jpg]

Ray may want something more classic, looking out over the moonscape of the former undergraduate campus:

[Image: AO00010137.JPG]
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2015 08:36 AM by 58-56.)
01-30-2015 08:29 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(01-30-2015 08:18 AM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  

(01-29-2015 11:34 PM)58-56 Wrote:  Unlikely. Part of the thrill for them is the exercise of unbridled power. Sneaking in a building to block a stadium admits there is a bridle on their power. One of the few ways these vile, foul-breathed, rancid-smelling old men can get themselves to harden is by saying "No" to UAB.

But they couldn't do that. It would be illegal. They can sweep some things under the rug but spending millions of dollars out of the blue without anyone knowing about it would be over the line. It would be an act that even they couldn't justify.

People said the same thing about UAB fooball shutting down too. At a certain point, all the tinfoil hat talk is ridiculous. I'm not sure what will happen in the future, but those involved at UAB should have a say in how the university is run. Currently, I don't think many of us believe that is the case.
01-30-2015 09:34 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Of course Bryant knew the will of the board. Hadn't he paid enough for it?
01-30-2015 10:28 AM
BlazerDave Offline
1st String

(01-30-2015 08:29 AM)58-56 Wrote:  [quote='mixduptransistor' pid='11714598' dateline='1422623933']

Quote: Steel was being placed for the media center in Bryant-Denny Stadium before the Trustees approved construction - the UA alumni mag ran a very nice piece on it complete with color photos. Hopefully that will be among the many items discussed in the legislature's formal hearings.

That said, they're not going to rush a building onto the stadium site. It would interfere with the new Watts Monument (note the added hairpiece; the man's vanity knows no bounds):

I believe I heard from somewhere that the new weight room at bama was halfway through before they approved it's construction.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2015 01:35 PM by BlazerDave.)
01-30-2015 01:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.