Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Obama’s Foolish Complicity In Iran’s March Toward Nuclear Weapons
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
Obama’s Foolish Complicity In Iran’s March Toward Nuclear Weapons
[Image: 96gpw2.jpg]

Quote:Thou shall not cross Dear Leader.

With their gutter sniping failing to stop Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s planned March speech before Congress, White House aides are unloading their full arsenal of bile.

“He spat in our face publicly, and that’s no way to behave,” one Obama aide told an Israeli newspaper. “Netanyahu ought to remember that President Obama has a year and a half left to his presidency, and that there will be a price.”

It is pointless to say petty threats do not become the Oval Office. Trying to instruct this White House on manners recalls what Mark Twain said about trying to teach a pig to sing: It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Still, the fury is telling. It reminds, as if we could forget, that everything is always about Obama.

How dare Israel be more concerned with the existential threat of Iranian nukes than with Obama’s feelings? And what do members of Congress think they are, a separate branch of government or something?

Yes, the presidency deserves respect, even when the president doesn’t. Although Obama routinely ignores lawmakers and their role in our constitutional system of checks and balances, there is an argument afoot that Congress should have taken the high road and consulted him before inviting Netanyahu.

The argument has a point — but not a compelling one. To give Obama veto power over the visit would be to put protocol and his pride before the most important issue in the world.

That is Iran’s march to nuclear weapons, and Obama’s foolish complicity. His claim at the State of the Union that “we’ve halted the progress of its nuclear program and reduced its stockpile of nuclear material” would be laughable if it weren’t so dangerous. The claim earned him three ­Pinocchios, with four being an outright whopper, by The Washington Post.

http://nypost.com/2015/01/24/white-house...netanyahu/
01-25-2015 02:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
RE: Obama’s Foolish Complicity In Iran’s March Toward Nuclear Weapons
Obama approves of Iran having nukes. As if the world isn't dangerous enough, we'll have nutty ayatollahs with their fingers on a nuke button.
01-25-2015 09:38 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
So if Israel were to say attack the Iranian nuclear plants, is it likely Obama would attack Israel or place sanctions on Them ? It wouldn't surprise Me.
01-25-2015 10:48 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
Obama has had largely the same policy as every President before. It's a failed policy.
01-25-2015 10:52 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
(01-25-2015 10:48 PM)CardFan1 Wrote:  So if Israel were to say attack the Iranian nuclear plants, is it likely Obama would attack Israel or place sanctions on Them ? It wouldn't surprise Me.

That wouldn't surprise me at all if he did.
01-25-2015 11:03 PM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
(01-25-2015 10:52 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  Obama has had largely the same policy as every President before. It's a failed policy.

The US has the luxury of leaving, the Israelis do not. As such, what is a boogyman to us is a legitimate fear for them.
01-26-2015 11:16 AM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(01-25-2015 02:21 PM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  “He spat in our face publicly, and that’s no way to behave,” one Obama aide told an Israeli newspaper. “Netanyahu ought to remember that President Obama has a year and a half left to his presidency, and that there will be a price.”

That quote says volumes about Obama & Co. Volumes. Here we have an Obama croney telling the world how thin skinned Obama is. Buncha retards.
01-26-2015 11:53 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(01-26-2015 11:53 AM)smn1256 Wrote:  
(01-25-2015 02:21 PM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  “He spat in our face publicly, and that’s no way to behave,” one Obama aide told an Israeli newspaper. “Netanyahu ought to remember that President Obama has a year and a half left to his presidency, and that there will be a price.”

That quote says volumes about Obama & Co. Volumes. Here we have an Obama croney telling the world how thin skinned Obama is. Buncha retards.

You're the mentally challenged one Steve. 03-wink

Quote:Fox News' Shep Smith and Chris Wallace lashed out at Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Friday following Wednesday's announcement that he would meet with Congress about Iran instead of President Obama.

"I'm shocked," Wallace said, calling the move "wicked." Wallace noted that the Israeli ambassador had met with John Kerry earlier in the week and apparently didn't mention anything about the trip.

"For Netanyahu to do something that is going to be seen as a deliberate and really pretty egregious snub of Obama when Obama is going to be in power for the next year and three quarters would seem to me to be a very risky political strategy."
Chris Wallace, Shep Smith Criticize Netanyahu's Visit To Congress

03-lol
01-26-2015 12:24 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(01-25-2015 10:48 PM)CardFan1 Wrote:  So if Israel were to say attack the Iranian nuclear plants, is it likely Obama would attack Israel or place sanctions on Them ? It wouldn't surprise Me.

Not surprising really, since apparently you have no concept whatsoever of this situation.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2015 12:25 PM by Redwingtom.)
01-26-2015 12:25 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(01-25-2015 09:38 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  Obama approves of Iran having nukes.

Can you ever source anything with a fact...or does your bull**** just continually flow without thought from your fingers into thread after thread?

(01-25-2015 09:38 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  As if the world isn't dangerous enough, we'll have nutty ayatollahs with their fingers on a nuke button.

And this comment just shows your complete lack of understanding of the current reality of the world.

SMH
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2015 12:30 PM by Redwingtom.)
01-26-2015 12:30 PM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
The problem here is that stopping Iran would require a lot of political and human capital. This is capital that Obama doesn't exactly want to spend right now.

Nuclear weapons are nothing to mess around with. If they needed to KO Iran, then it would have been done yesterday.

Look at North Korea. They have nuclear technology. They hate us. But guess what? Outside of sanctions, nothing else happens since even NK knows that if it goes too far then they are gone from this planet.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2015 01:30 PM by oliveandblue.)
01-26-2015 01:30 PM
Advertisement

CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

(01-26-2015 12:30 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Can you ever source anything with a fact...or does your bull**** just continually flow without thought from your fingers into thread after thread?

(01-25-2015 09:38 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  As if the world isn't dangerous enough, we'll have nutty ayatollahs with their fingers on a nuke button.

And this comment just shows your complete lack of understanding of the current reality of the world.

SMH

OH yeah I forgot You are the Chief expert on all things. My Humble apologies 03-lmfao
01-26-2015 01:33 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(01-26-2015 01:33 PM)CardFan1 Wrote:  
(01-26-2015 12:30 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

SMH

OH yeah I forgot You are the Chief expert on all things. My Humble apologies 03-lmfao

Expert no, but able to source my claims...yeah. Sorry if your buddy is incapable of this simple exercise.

"Make no mistake: A nuclear-armed Iran is not a challenge that can be contained...the United States will do what we must to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon." ~Barack Obama, 9/25/12

And on his second ill-conceived assertion. India, Pakistan and the UK all have ayatollah's and nuclear weapons already. Although, like Iran if they ever did happen to get them, none of which have their fingers on a button!
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2015 01:45 PM by Redwingtom.)
01-26-2015 01:42 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

(01-26-2015 12:25 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Not surprising really, since apparently you have no concept whatsoever of this situation.

I know a hell of a lot more than You think I know. I grew up in Miami during the Cuban missile crisis. I've seen Missiles with warheads up close less 1 mile from my house. I know about Civil Defense. I was also in the civil Air Patrol in Miami. I work with Ex Military people daily. Iran is Not and Never Will be an ally of the United States , Nor will any other Muslim nation until the Extremist threat is eliminated.
01-26-2015 01:47 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-26-2015 01:47 PM)CardFan1 Wrote:  

I know a hell of a lot more than You think I know. I grew up in Miami during the Cuban missile crisis. I've seen Missiles with warheads up close less 1 mile from my house. I know about Civil Defense. I was also in the civil Air Patrol in Miami. I work with Ex Military people daily. Iran is Not and Never Will be an ally of the United States , Nor will any other Muslim nation until the Extremist threat is eliminated.

That's already not even close to be true.
01-26-2015 01:48 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(01-26-2015 01:48 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  

That's already not even close to be true.

Exactly. Isn't Turkey still hosting American nuclear weapons? They're certainly an ally of ours.
01-26-2015 01:52 PM
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

There is already an actual and functioning democracy that is a US ally and supports the war on terrorists.

It's also the home of the Arab Spring...

[Image: tunisian_flag_by_dominiquekt-d4skbj8.jpg]

Sadly, the US under its current leadership has greatly cut back on support and they are facing serious problems with their neighbors. They are also conducting their own war on extremists that the US offers next to no support on. That's do in part to the inability of Americans to differentiate between Muslims, and terrorists.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2015 01:56 PM by HeartOfDixie.)
01-26-2015 01:55 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

Did you seriously just invoke the Sarah Palin defense? 03-lmfao

Regardless, if you know so much then show it! Analyze the situation and provide reasons. And nobody said that Iran would be an ally of the United States. But we can certainly have normal diplomatic relations with them without going all John "bomb...bomb...bomb, bomb bomb Iran" McCain on them!
01-26-2015 01:55 PM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
(01-26-2015 01:55 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  Sadly, the US under its current leadership has greatly cut back on support and they are facing serious problems with their neighbors. They are also conducting their own war on extremists that the US offers next to no support on. That's do in part to the inability of Americans to differentiate between Muslims, and terrorists.

Does the US really have much in the way of interests in Tunisia?
01-27-2015 04:06 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(01-27-2015 04:06 PM)I45owl Wrote:  
(01-26-2015 01:55 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  Sadly, the US under its current leadership has greatly cut back on support and they are facing serious problems with their neighbors. They are also conducting their own war on extremists that the US offers next to no support on. That's do in part to the inability of Americans to differentiate between Muslims, and terrorists.

Does the US really have much in the way of interests in Tunisia?

I think he likely meant to post the flag of Turkey
[Image: turkey-flag.gif]

They're very similar as you can see.
01-27-2015 04:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.