Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How could Gus and Josh
Bookmark and Share
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
How could Gus and Josh
play 27 and 28 minutes and not draw one foul? Was the officiating that bad. The other team, especially McClanahan, seemed to be getting a lot of calls. Is he like the kid from New Orleans several years ago that could draw a foul or make the shot when he penetrated on every possession?

On the other hand, the women's team made more free throws than the other team shot, which Steve has always said is probably a sure way to win.04-cheers
01-25-2015 10:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Jim T Offline
2nd String

RE: How could Gus and Josh
(01-25-2015 10:48 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  play 27 and 28 minutes and not draw one foul? Was the officiating that bad. The other team, especially McClanahan, seemed to be getting a lot of calls. Is he like the kid from New Orleans several years ago that could draw a foul or make the shot when he penetrated on every possession?

On the other hand, the women's team made more free throws than the other team shot, which Steve has always said is probably a sure way to win.04-cheers

They didn't draw fouls because Josh and others were too busy jacking up threes and not passing up good shots to get better shots. 29 three point shots! Come on, Man! On occasion, that will work. Usually, not so much.
01-25-2015 10:56 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-25-2015 10:56 AM)Jim T Wrote:  
(01-25-2015 10:48 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  play 27 and 28 minutes and not draw one foul? Was the officiating that bad. The other team, especially McClanahan, seemed to be getting a lot of calls. Is he like the kid from New Orleans several years ago that could draw a foul or make the shot when he penetrated on every possession?

They didn't draw fouls because Josh and others were too busy jacking up threes and not passing up good shots to get better shots. 29 three point shots! Come on, Man! On occasion, that will work. Usually, not so much.

The jacking up of 3's was painful to watch. I guess it is "fun" when they go in, but I'd rather watch good fundamentally sound basketball. Maybe it is harder to do, without James, but Gus and Roger seemed to have pretty good success when we got the ball to them inside.
01-25-2015 11:01 AM
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

29 threes? Wow. That's even too many for me. Unless they were all really good shots, which is highly doubtful. I didn't see or hear the game, so I have no idea of how they came about, but I did see that Ben only made one out of five, and I don't think Josh's percentage was very good either. James Reid had a good shooting game, but most of the others were not very good. I don't know what has happened to Ben's three point shooting. He has been a very high percentage shooter in the past, but maybe that's because he wasn't taking many shots. You would think that he would have his best year as a Senior, but he's had his worst, percentage wise. Someone probably changed his shooting mechanics this year.
01-25-2015 11:03 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-25-2015 11:03 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  29 threes? Wow. That's even too many for me. Unless they were all really good shots, which is highly doubtful. I didn't see or hear the game, so I have no idea of how they came about, but I did see that Ben only made one out of five, and I don't think Josh's percentage was very good either. James Reid had a good shooting game, but most of the others were not very good. I don't know what has happened to Ben's three point shooting. He has been a very high percentage shooter in the past, but maybe that's because he wasn't taking many shots. You would think that he would have his best year as a Senior, but he's had his worst, percentage wise. Someone probably changed his shooting mechanics this year.

You could always count on Ben only taking "good" shots. That's why his percentage was so good. I certainly don't view Ben as jacking up a lot of ill-advised shots this season. But, he is certainly putting up more contested shots and even an occasional "what are you doing Ben?" type of shot. Not many of those, but enough to drop his shooting percentage a few points.
01-25-2015 11:09 AM
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I'd say more than a few points. I haven't checked lately, but he's probably arouond 33% and in the past he was around 45%, or at least in the 40's. And I've hardly ever seen him make one when we needed it late in the game when the game was close. I have seen James Reid make a few of those at crunch time. I was glad to see James take more three's last night. He shot like 44% for the game. I'd take that every game.
01-25-2015 11:13 AM
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

(01-25-2015 11:01 AM)mjs Wrote:  

The jacking up of 3's was painful to watch. I guess it is "fun" when they go in, but I'd rather watch good fundamentally sound basketball. Maybe it is harder to do, without James, but Gus and Roger seemed to have pretty good success when we got the ball to them inside.

Know you are feeling my pain of watching bad basketball for years.07-coffee3
01-25-2015 08:07 PM
Advertisement

Jim T Offline
2nd String

(01-25-2015 08:07 PM)insideualr Wrote:  
(01-25-2015 11:01 AM)mjs Wrote:  

Know you are feeling my pain of watching bad basketball for years.07-coffee3

I respect your right to call 23 wins bad basketball.
01-25-2015 10:58 PM
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

How could Gus and Josh
We may lose 23 this year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
01-25-2015 11:17 PM
Jim T Offline
2nd String

(01-25-2015 11:17 PM)insideualr Wrote:  We may lose 23 this year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We might, and that would be disappointing. Whether all of those losses are the result of bad basketball I leave to those who believe they know much more about basketball than I who has watched the college game at its highest level for nearly 60 years.
01-26-2015 09:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.