I Root For: Towson
MBB falls to UNCW by 4, 69-65
01-25-2015 12:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
RE: MBB falls to UNCW by 4, 69-65
(01-25-2015 12:06 AM)mat1992 Wrote:  http://towsontigers.com/news/2015/1/24/M...53733.aspx

A lot of home cooking in that article. It was a good game, but your last possession with a chance to take the lead (only down 1 at the time), Keith II didn't slip on the court. It was an outright turnover caused by double-team pressure just beyond half court.

Great game, and your guys showed a lot of heart and talent in the comeback though. I thought we had it wrapped up at the 7 minute mark. We went cold on offense for a few minutes and your guys were pushing the ball into the paint and going to the line.
01-25-2015 11:39 AM
TU2012 Offline
Water Engineer

lots of home cooking in that statement above. he slipped. wouldnt have been in that position if we didnt hold for basically the last shot or shot even 50% from line
01-25-2015 02:23 PM
billthebighawksfan Offline
All American

I Root For: UNCW
It was a good game. You have a lot of athletic big guys.
01-25-2015 03:20 PM
Advertisement

mat1992 Offline
Special Teams

(01-25-2015 11:39 AM)CoastGuardHawk06 Wrote:  
(01-25-2015 12:06 AM)mat1992 Wrote:  http://towsontigers.com/news/2015/1/24/M...53733.aspx

A lot of home cooking in that article. It was a good game, but your last possession with a chance to take the lead (only down 1 at the time), Keith II didn't slip on the court. It was an outright turnover caused by double-team pressure just beyond half court.

Great game, and your guys showed a lot of heart and talent in the comeback though. I thought we had it wrapped up at the 7 minute mark. We went cold on offense for a few minutes and your guys were pushing the ball into the paint and going to the line.

The article is typical for sports information. What do you expect a UNCW article to be about? They are supposed to be homers. And he did slip. I wouldn't give a damn what UNCW wrote about the game. Maybe they said it was the incredible pressure.

Who cares. We had three freshmen and two sophomores on the floor the last five minutes without a timeout and it showed. Yet, we only lost by 4. I was proud of the effort and if we make 65% from the line, we win the game.
01-25-2015 04:03 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

So dribbling into a double team and losing the ball, then going down on the floor and fouling trying to get it back is slipping huh?

LOL

Whatever makes you feel better.
01-25-2015 04:51 PM
mat1992 Offline
Special Teams

(01-25-2015 04:51 PM)CoastGuardHawk06 Wrote:  So dribbling into a double team and losing the ball, then going down on the floor and fouling trying to get it back is slipping huh?

LOL

What makes me feel better is to not have some obnoxious Seahawks fan here (and on Twitter) pile on and pontificate about some insignificant phrase in a Towson website article. If you want to me to give you a compliment, your free throw defense was fantastic all night (14-29).
01-25-2015 06:21 PM
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

(01-25-2015 06:21 PM)mat1992 Wrote:  
(01-25-2015 04:51 PM)CoastGuardHawk06 Wrote:  So dribbling into a double team and losing the ball, then going down on the floor and fouling trying to get it back is slipping huh?

LOL

What makes me feel better is to not have some obnoxious Seahawks fan here (and on Twitter) pile on and pontificate about some insignificant phrase in a Towson website article. If you want to me to give you a compliment, your free throw defense was fantastic all night (14-29).

You should be glad we come around here and comment at all. It's like a ghost town on this board.

That FT defense line was hilarious though. Touché!
01-25-2015 11:36 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

Also...

I'm not on twitter, so perhaps you should start embracing the facts if the information is coming from more than one source.
01-25-2015 11:37 PM
TU2012 Offline
Water Engineer

yeahhhh your right he didnt slip, and we didnt shoot 45% from the ft line..
01-26-2015 07:15 PM
Advertisement

mat1992 Offline
Special Teams

(01-25-2015 11:37 PM)CoastGuardHawk06 Wrote:  Also...

I'm not on twitter, so perhaps you should start embracing the facts if the information is coming from more than one source.

Facts? What facts? It's called an opinion. You are still obsessing with your brilliant defense on that play when our freshman small forward slipped and maybe panicked, but who really gives a sh-t. It's over.

Didn't say you were on Twitter but there a lot of mouthy fans from UNCW after that game that were popping off about how "bad Towson is". Normally, I don't respond to crap like that but when you lose by 4 points on the road with 3 freshmen and 2 sophomores on the floor, it makes no sense to talk crap about a young team you barely beat.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2015 08:01 PM by mat1992.)
01-26-2015 07:59 PM
Seahawk Nation 08 Offline
Hall of Famer

Don't know why the twitter folks were talking crap. I was impressed with Towson's play. John Davis looked like his game will translate into a nice pro career.

Now, I'm not going to agree that bad FT shooting is the only reason we won. I felt our defense stepped up when it needed to several times down the stretch. It also was a big reason you guys had to burn all your timeouts so early.

Not to mention the way the CAA is this year I'm happy with any W any way we get it, especially one that pushed us into 1st for the first time in 7 years.
01-26-2015 10:01 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

(01-26-2015 07:59 PM)mat1992 Wrote:  

Facts? What facts? It's called an opinion. You are still obsessing with your brilliant defense on that play when our freshman small forward slipped and maybe panicked, but who really gives a sh-t. It's over.

Didn't say you were on Twitter but there a lot of mouthy fans from UNCW after that game that were popping off about how "bad Towson is". Normally, I don't respond to crap like that but when you lose by 4 points on the road with 3 freshmen and 2 sophomores on the floor, it makes no sense to talk crap about a young team you barely beat.

I completely agree with that man. Your team is in no way shape or form the bottom of the CAA. Towson can play and will be a threat for the CAA crown for the next few years. John Davis is an absolute beast. He was giving our team fits all game. Don't worry about those clowns on Twitter. You and I can get into it about that last play all we want, but at the end of the day I still very much respect Towson and wouldn't rule them out to make noise in Baltimore.
01-26-2015 10:57 PM
Seahawk Nation 08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-26-2015 10:57 PM)CoastGuardHawk06 Wrote:  
(01-26-2015 07:59 PM)mat1992 Wrote:  

I completely agree with that man. Your team is in no way shape or form the bottom of the CAA. Towson can play and will be a threat for the CAA crown for the next few years. John Davis is an absolute beast. He was giving our team fits all game. Don't worry about those clowns on Twitter. You and I can get into it about that last play all we want, but at the end of the day I still very much respect Towson and wouldn't rule them out to make noise in Baltimore.

Ah yes, and if Towson wins it people will be whining like the old days whenever VCU won in Richmond. 03-wink
01-26-2015 11:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.