The Ron English is Okay Thread
01-23-2015 11:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
RE: The Ron English is Okay Thread
So are the Doobie Brothers going to start singing Ron English is just alright Ron English is just alright with me...?

Good luck to him in the future.
01-23-2015 11:59 AM
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies
03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
01-23-2015 12:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ken Barna Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
Dear Friends,
After reading the comments at the end of the article, those people that seemed closest to the program, did not think highly of Coach English. The most damning statement was the comment from the very first year that he was there, that he was already calling people out. No wonder the team did so poorly after that 6-6 season.
01-23-2015 12:22 PM
ljmhurons Offline
1st String

Jim Stapleton should resign. He heart is at uofm and that is where he belongs. These people who get starry-eyed over the uofm are an embarassment to EMU. Please go where your heart is Jim.

As for Ron English, I hope he gets back into coaching. He's been punished enough for insulting his players. What do you want from him, a pound of flesh?

As for his coaching stint at EMU, let's not forget this is an extremly hard place to succeed. He didn't, but advocates like Stapleton are one of the stumbling blocks. They work for, attend, or are alumni of EMU, but their heart is at another school.
01-23-2015 12:48 PM
ljmhurons Offline
1st String

(01-23-2015 12:22 PM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear Friends,
After reading the comments at the end of the article, those people that seemed closest to the program, did not think highly of Coach English. The most damning statement was the comment from the very first year that he was there, that he was already calling people out. No wonder the team did so poorly after that 6-6 season.

I didn't see that in the article.
01-23-2015 12:52 PM
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-23-2015 12:48 PM)ljmhurons Wrote:  Jim Stapleton should resign. He heart is at uofm and that is where he belongs. These people who get starry-eyed over the uofm are an embarassment to EMU. Please go where your heart is Jim.

As for Ron English, I hope he gets back into coaching. He's been punished enough for insulting his players. What do you want from him, a pound of flesh?

As for his coaching stint at EMU, let's not forget this is an extremly hard place to succeed. He didn't, but advocates like Stapleton are one of the stumbling blocks. They work for, attend, or are alumni of EMU, but their heart is at another school.

Hm, yes but we never heard about Woody, Rasnick or Genyk treating or talking to players this way. I almost guarantee that CC doesn't talk to his players this way.
01-23-2015 12:52 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

In terms of Ron English's punishment we'll see how many schools are willing to forgive and forget.
01-23-2015 12:53 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

Anyone thats take religious classes to prove there a better person or to make themselves a better person are lost already!
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2015 12:55 PM by emussuperfan.)
01-23-2015 12:55 PM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
He's an awful coach. That's his main issue. Unless God blessed him with the Holy Spirit of football knowledge, he's out of luck.
01-23-2015 01:00 PM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear ljmhurons,
I was referring to the comments that people make at the end of the article. There was no comment about what I was referring to in the article itself.
01-23-2015 01:11 PM
Advertisement

ljmhurons Offline
1st String

(01-23-2015 12:55 PM)emussuperfan Wrote:  Anyone thats take religious classes to prove there a better person or to make themselves a better person are lost already!

Are you so ignorant that you think he took the classes to prove he's a better person?
01-23-2015 01:17 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

(01-23-2015 01:17 PM)ljmhurons Wrote:  
(01-23-2015 12:55 PM)emussuperfan Wrote:  Anyone thats take religious classes to prove there a better person or to make themselves a better person are lost already!

Are you so ignorant that you think he took the classes to prove he's a better person?

He said it not me!
01-23-2015 01:34 PM
realistEagle Offline
Special Teams

Yup +1
01-23-2015 02:47 PM
realistEagle Offline
Special Teams

I don't think he is ignorant. I got the same type of vibe from this article - oh hey guys look at me I am a great guy now ! Someone hire me and give me a second chance ! Oh and Ron how is it you're a better guy now ? Oh you know I go to church and what not and Jimmy S. thinks I am so great.

What a waste of an article.
01-23-2015 02:49 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

(01-23-2015 02:49 PM)realistEagle Wrote:  What a waste of an article.

Terry Foster wrote it. That explains everything.
01-23-2015 03:08 PM
Advertisement

ljmhurons Offline
1st String

(01-23-2015 01:34 PM)emussuperfan Wrote:  

He said it not me!

Maybe it's you who needs a religous class to teach you it isn't okay to make up things about people. Here's your chance to quote him from the article and show us you're right.

BTW...How'd those religious classes work for the Reverend King?
01-23-2015 05:16 PM
ljmhurons Offline
1st String

(01-23-2015 02:49 PM)realistEagle Wrote:  

I don't think he is ignorant. I got the same type of vibe from this article - oh hey guys look at me I am a great guy now ! Someone hire me and give me a second chance ! Oh and Ron how is it you're a better guy now ? Oh you know I go to church and what not and Jimmy S. thinks I am so great.

One could draw that conclusion. But Super wasn't satisfied with making an accusation aginst one guy. He smeared anyone who thinks taking a religious class might "make themselves a better person."

We just celebrated the Reverend King day. He had a Bachelor's of Divinity and a Doctorate of Theology. It would be preposterous to think they didn't help mold who he was.

As far as English goes, I believe in giving people second chances. Not at this University, but somewhere. Why should he be punished forever?
01-23-2015 05:33 PM
realistEagle Offline
Special Teams

(01-23-2015 05:33 PM)ljmhurons Wrote:  
(01-23-2015 02:49 PM)realistEagle Wrote:  

One could draw that conclusion. But Super wasn't satisfied with making an accusation aginst one guy. He smeared anyone who thinks taking a religious class might "make themselves a better person."

We just celebrated the Reverend King day. He had a Bachelor's of Divinity and a Doctorate of Theology. It would be preposterous to think they didn't help mold who he was.

As far as English goes, I believe in giving people second chances. Not at this University, but somewhere. Why should he be punished forever?

I don't think he should be punished. I just think that the article is corny as heck. How about you show us that you are a better guy, because this article pretty much had the vibe of hey, Terry can you write some nice things about me to show these Michigan folks that I am not the ass they all think I am.

If that's true or not - I am not sure. But to me this article is comedy - from the content to how it was written.
01-23-2015 05:46 PM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
I think he should be punished for being a terrible coach. Forever.

Hey Ron, instead of pimping your friends in an attempt to polish your image, why don't you get a job selling insurance? Have a little dignity.
01-23-2015 10:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.