ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Local TV ratings, UVA vs. ODU
Bpar73 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ODU
Local TV ratings, UVA vs. ODU
According to the local overnight ratings, Ga. Tech vs. UVA averaged a 1.8 rating, ODU vs. MTSU averaged a 1.0 rating.
01-23-2015 11:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

RE: Local TV ratings, UVA vs. ODU
I wonder what our ratings would be if we were undefeated and #2 in the country?
01-23-2015 11:47 AM
84Monarch Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
Bpar, is the UVA rating just for cable households or does it take all households into account?
01-23-2015 12:15 PM
Bpar73 Offline
Water Engineer

it takes into account all the households in Hampton Roads with a meter.
01-23-2015 01:59 PM
Advertisement

The Doctor Is In Online
Special Teams

Would someone be able to translate those 2 ratings into number of households viewing each of those games? I would also tend to agree with the comment of EverRespect relative to the UVA rating being related to their abnormally high (my words) national ranking.
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2015 03:44 PM by The Doctor Is In.)
01-23-2015 03:43 PM
Razor Ramon Monarch Offline
Heisman

The real question is did we beat va tech who was playing on csn against notre dame.

Also, on verizon, the game was on two different channels, channel 511 and channel 578.

Are we 100% sure they added the two different channels ratings together?
01-23-2015 03:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(01-23-2015 03:43 PM)The Doctor Is In Wrote:  Would someone be able to translate those 2 ratings into number of households viewing each of those games? I would also tend to agree with the comment of EverRespect relative to the UVA rating being related to their abnormally high (my words) national ranking.

Yeah, I am actually impressed that we are that close given the season and national press UVA is getting. Maybe our ceiling is comparable if we were that good (we ought to be sending these figures to the AAC). What time was the UVA game on? If it was a 9PM game maybe that explains it as our game was primetime.
01-23-2015 04:11 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(01-23-2015 03:54 PM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  The real question is did we beat va tech who was playing on csn against notre dame.

Also, on verizon, the game was on two different channels, channel 511 and channel 578.

Are we 100% sure they added the two different channels ratings together?

Cox had it on 2 channels as well (4 if you count both the standard channels and the HD channels).
01-23-2015 04:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.