Competition Open In UT's Offseason
01-20-2015 10:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: Competition Open In UT's Offseason
Nice to see a little football update in the off season. We usually don't get much mention until the day of the home opener
01-20-2015 11:58 AM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
That's too bad about Swanson doggone it. Hope he heals quickly and fully.
01-20-2015 02:20 PM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
I did not see any mention about last years late QB commit. Sorry I'm old and can't remember his name. I think that he went to a training center in Texas and got a lot of praise for his work. Or am I older than I think and have it all botched up to begin with.
01-20-2015 05:47 PM
Advertisement

DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-20-2015 05:47 PM)Babes boy Wrote:  I did not see any mention about last years late QB commit. Sorry I'm old and can't remember his name. I think that he went to a training center in Texas and got a lot of praise for his work. Or am I older than I think and have it all botched up to begin with.

Quentin Gibson from Louisiana. The coaches like him a lot.
01-20-2015 05:54 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
I like Gibson a ton, but holy crap at best by the start of the season he will be 3rd on the depth chart! What a lineup we have at some positions. MJ can boot the ball. Punter might be his calling. It'll be a fun off season!
01-20-2015 06:37 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
(01-20-2015 06:37 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  I like Gibson a ton, but holy crap at best by the start of the season he will be 3rd on the depth chart! What a lineup we have at some positions. MJ can boot the ball. Punter might be his calling. It'll be a fun off season!

I also like the kid from Hudson. He was exciting to watch in the state playoffs this Fall--hope we keep him & he signs his letter of intent!

I'm all for Julian getting a loooong look at punter. I'm seen him kick a few. The fact that he has QB skills would have to make opponents wonder whenever he was back there waiting for the snap.
01-20-2015 07:29 PM
Advertisement

tolfbfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo/Browns
The key to next year is the OLine. The season will be decided on how this works out. Everything else in place excluding the injury thing that seems to crop up every year.
01-20-2015 11:21 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(01-20-2015 11:21 PM)tolfbfan Wrote:  The key to next year is the OLine. The season will be decided on how this works out. Everything else in place excluding the injury thing that seems to crop up every year.

Seems like we lost some excellent LBs. Who replaces them?
01-21-2015 12:11 AM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
The roster lists Sylvestre and Fletcher as Sr's. Linch is supposed to be good. The guy coming in from Central, isn't he a LB, or no?

Freshman are going to make mistakes, but that can still be a factor.
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2015 12:19 AM by Toledo Football 1st.)
01-21-2015 12:17 AM
Advertisement

pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
green could be a barry church type player for us. he looks like he could come in and play right away. add to that the fact he is already in school and on the team and will be a part of winter conditioning and spring practice. murdock, coleman, woodley, quinn are all lbs and i add green to the mix. voss plays more of a stand up def end. we lost ray bush and sylvestre so 2 legit players who covered a lot of space and tackled well.

any recruiting bugs on ja`mar antwine. southfield, mich kid (we recruit there for bball and football) who committed to cmu. he was a big get for them cuz he had a lot of big name programs recruiting him too (not necessarily offering) and he's also shown interest in UT. well, bumped into a cmu thread about him losing his offer and maybe headed to toledo. cb and kick returner.
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2015 03:15 AM by pono.)
01-21-2015 03:09 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(01-21-2015 03:09 AM)pono Wrote:  green could be a barry church type player for us. he looks like he could come in and play right away. add to that the fact he is already in school and on the team and will be a part of winter conditioning and spring practice. murdock, coleman, woodley, quinn are all lbs and i add green to the mix. voss plays more of a stand up def end. we lost ray bush and sylvestre so 2 legit players who covered a lot of space and tackled well.

any recruiting bugs on ja`mar antwine. southfield, mich kid (we recruit there for bball and football) who committed to cmu. he was a big get for them cuz he had a lot of big name programs recruiting him too (not necessarily offering) and he's also shown interest in UT. well, bumped into a cmu thread about him losing his offer and maybe headed to toledo. cb and kick returner.

Thought Murdock was a senior. Feeling better about that position. Forgot about Green who should be good, if rusty. This is another reason I prefer basketball-easier to keep track of twelve guys.
01-21-2015 07:30 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(01-21-2015 07:30 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(01-21-2015 03:09 AM)pono Wrote:  green could be a barry church type player for us. he looks like he could come in and play right away. add to that the fact he is already in school and on the team and will be a part of winter conditioning and spring practice. murdock, coleman, woodley, quinn are all lbs and i add green to the mix. voss plays more of a stand up def end. we lost ray bush and sylvestre so 2 legit players who covered a lot of space and tackled well.

Thought Murdock was a senior. Feeling better about that position. Forgot about Green who should be good, if rusty. This is another reason I prefer basketball-easier to keep track of twelve guys.

Big 10 schools are also recruiting UT LB'er verbal commit Taafe.
01-21-2015 09:12 AM
IamN2daRockets Offline
1st String

I Root For: UT Rockets -
Bush and Sylvestre are gone. Murdock and Voss will be a sr's. in 2015.

Quinn will be a soph in 2015
01-21-2015 04:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.