Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

KD I's thoughts on the fanfare surrounding...
Bookmark and Share
KlutzDio I Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I left halftime of the MPSA championship game and headed straight up I-55 among the throngs of LSU supporters who were driving like freaking maniacs! Not a cop on the road, I guess they were all in Oxford. I got behind a couple of LSU vehicles around Canton who were going about 95 mph. I followed them to Grenada where they left the highway. I made better time in any trip I've made from Jackson to Oxford!

Anyway, I arrived on the Square at 10:30 or so and man, was the scene great. Cops were taking dudes to jail, fights were breaking out in the streets, and all of the bars were chopped filled with fans screaming chants, taunts and insults at one another. It was great, you could be rude and crude to your fellow countryman and get away with it.

Longshot's was filled to the gills and some poor LSU fan got exited through a window, head-first to an obliging Ole Miss fan. Both went to jail...er..uh. the LSU fan certainly went to the hospital. That ought to show him for showing his arse in our m-f town, yeah!

I sat at Jubilee and after standing near the bar for 15 minutes I grabbed an empty chair. About 11:30 the bar filled to the gills and the fans were chanting 'go to hell Tigers' while the bartenders laughed and looked on with disbelief. One pretty little thing squeezed in next to me and asked if I'd order her a drink because she couldn't gain the attention of the bartenders. I asked if she was from the brood of outside agitators and she said yes. I told her to get the hell outta our town. She said that she couldn't believe that I didn't want to hang out with her and I said, "hey baby, it don't matter, I'll hit Tiger p_ssy." She didn't like that blunt comment, but hey, she was hot!

At 1 a.m. or really about 1:30, fans lined the streets with Ole Miss fans on one side and Tiger fans on the other. Cops parked squad cars in between the 1500 or so fans on either side of the street. For about an hour the fans traded cheers, jaunts, insults and threw cups and cigarette butts at one another. At first the cops really tried to get the crowd to disperse and then after 10 minutes of futile effort, they relented and then watched the actions of the throngs of folks, trying to difuse anymore fights that might occur.

I watched that scene briefly and then I went to my friends' car and left for a house-party. That party was low-key, just some students and recent grads drinking keg-beer, smoking copious amounts of ganja and hoping like hell we were going to win on Saturday.

About 4 a.m. me and a lone pal headed for Huddle House to get some food to help sober us up. As soon as we entered the establishment we were met with a throng of folks cheering and taunting one another. After we sat at a table we proceeded to join in with the majority, chanting to LSU fans, "not welcomed here, not welcomed here...." followed by our favorite, "go to hell Tigers, go to hell." One on one arguments broke out with LSU fans on Ole Miss fans. Most of these surrounded strength of schedule type debates. LSU fans failed to realize that Ole Miss fans were not lobbying for a national title and we knew our SOS was weak. LSU fans, being the arrogant brood that they are did not realize that they were spouting the invalid argument.
Nonetheless, we ate and escaped Huddle House without getting arrested or getting into a violent altercation.

Gameday:
I watched ESPN's gameday and everyone of those fockers picked LSU. I left for the Grove and walked all the way from my friends' APT to the center of campus. I couldn't find my friends but I found 10Man and hung out with him. And I couldn't believe the audacity of the visitors, but they went right up to the circle and did their L-S-U chant over and over and over. What fockers!

Nonetheless, it was a great day for a great game and I feel confident we'll get revenge on them next year.

To the LSU fans that I accosted during pregame and during the ballgame
11-24-2003 06:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Wryword Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Sounds like a great time was had by all, Klutz. Good thing you didn't mess with the swamp critter that wanted you to get her a drink. That would have been bestiality, and besides, she was carrying germs no one has heard of yet.
11-24-2003 08:06 PM
Dorothy Parker Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Wryword Wrote:Sounds like a great time was had by all, Klutz.  Good thing you didn't mess with the swamp critter that wanted you to get her a drink.  That would have been bestiality, and besides, she was carrying germs no one has heard of yet.
Good one, Wry!

Do you think we could sell Louisiana back to the French? Except for New Orleans, of course. :girl: 03-wink
11-24-2003 09:04 PM
Advertisement

EricBlairReb Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

[quote="KlutzDio I"]I left halftime of the MPSA championship game and headed straight up I-55 among the throngs of LSU supporters who were driving like freaking maniacs! Not a cop on the road, I guess they were all in Oxford. I got behind a couple of LSU vehicles around Canton who were going about 95 mph. I followed them to Grenada where they left the highway. I made better time in any trip I've made from Jackson to Oxford!

Anyway, I arrived on the Square at 10:30 or so and man, was the scene great. Cops were taking dudes to jail, fights were breaking out in the streets, and all of the bars were chopped filled with fans screaming chants, taunts and insults at one another. It was great, you could be rude and crude to your fellow countryman and get away with it.

Longshot's was filled to the gills and some poor LSU fan got exited through a window, head-first to an obliging Ole Miss fan. Both went to jail...er..uh. the LSU fan certainly went to the hospital. That ought to show him for showing his arse in our m-f town, yeah!

I sat at Jubilee and after standing near the bar for 15 minutes I grabbed an empty chair. About 11:30 the bar filled to the gills and the fans were chanting 'go to hell Tigers' while the bartenders laughed and looked on with disbelief. One pretty little thing squeezed in next to me and asked if I'd order her a drink because she couldn't gain the attention of the bartenders. I asked if she was from the brood of outside agitators and she said yes. I told her to get the hell outta our town. She said that she couldn't believe that I didn't want to hang out with her and I said, "hey baby, it don't matter, I'll hit Tiger p_ssy." She didn't like that blunt comment, but hey, she was hot!

At 1 a.m. or really about 1:30, fans lined the streets with Ole Miss fans on one side and Tiger fans on the other. Cops parked squad cars in between the 1500 or so fans on either side of the street. For about an hour the fans traded cheers, jaunts, insults and threw cups and cigarette butts at one another. At first the cops really tried to get the crowd to disperse and then after 10 minutes of futile effort, they relented and then watched the actions of the throngs of folks, trying to difuse anymore fights that might occur.

I watched that scene briefly and then I went to my friends' car and left for a house-party. That party was low-key, just some students and recent grads drinking keg-beer, smoking copious amounts of ganja and hoping like hell we were going to win on Saturday.

About 4 a.m. me and a lone pal headed for Huddle House to get some food to help sober us up. As soon as we entered the establishment we were met with a throng of folks cheering and taunting one another. After we sat at a table we proceeded to join in with the majority, chanting to LSU fans, "not welcomed here, not welcomed here...." followed by our favorite, "go to hell Tigers, go to hell." One on one arguments broke out with LSU fans on Ole Miss fans. Most of these surrounded strength of schedule type debates. LSU fans failed to realize that Ole Miss fans were not lobbying for a national title and we knew our SOS was weak. LSU fans, being the arrogant brood that they are did not realize that they were spouting the invalid argument.
Nonetheless, we ate and escaped Huddle House without getting arrested or getting into a violent altercation.

Gameday:
I watched ESPN's gameday and everyone of those fockers picked LSU. I left for the Grove and walked all the way from my friends' APT to the center of campus. I couldn't find my friends but I found 10Man and hung out with him. And I couldn't believe the audacity of the visitors, but they went right up to the circle and did their L-S-U chant over and over and over. What fockers!

Nonetheless, it was a great day for a great game and I feel confident we'll get revenge on them next year.

To the LSU fans that I accosted during pregame and during the ballgame
11-25-2003 07:23 AM
EricBlairReb Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

KlutzDio I Wrote:At 1 a.m. or really about 1:30, fans lined the streets with Ole Miss fans on one side and Tiger fans on the other. Cops parked squad cars in between the 1500 or so fans on either side of the street. For about an hour the fans traded cheers, jaunts, insults and threw cups and cigarette butts at one another. At first the cops really tried to get the crowd to disperse and then after 10 minutes of futile effort, they relented and then watched the actions of the throngs of folks, trying to difuse anymore fights that might occur.

:
Looks like other folks witnessed this event too. The lsu boys are griping about a police/lsu fan altercation that arose out of the whole thing.
<a href='http://www.oxfordeagle.com/news1.html' target='_blank'>The Oxford Eagle's Version</a>

The Reveille reported this.
<a href='http://www.lsureveille.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2003/11/25/3fc2f2ebbcc76' target='_blank'>Reveille</a>

Some lsu writer wrote this.
<a href='http://www.lsureveille.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2003/11/24/3fc19ea8881b5' target='_blank'>He's gotta be full of crap</a>
11-25-2003 04:05 PM
Advertisement

LSUAvenue Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Even after a loss, you guys still can't respect our team. I knew it'd be like this... a couple days after we come to Oxford and win, you guys are already back to trash talking our Tigers. You can always find something to dog us about. I could care less about all that, though, because the only thing important to me was the game, and we won, so I'm happy. Like Saban told his players: "Don't look back on Ole Miss. That game's old news. We need to focus on Arkansas." Anyway, I know it'll never stop, but I'm not going to contribute to it. Like I said, we won, so I'm happy.
11-25-2003 07:52 PM
LSUAvenue Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I don't think he was making that up, Eric.
I was also there, and I'm not making anything up when I say that 4 UM Fans tried to start sh*t with me. So it was not all our fault, which I'm sure EVERYONE thinks. I'm not going to lie, I turned down 3 fights calmly, but the fourth guy was one of the extremely lowclass fans, and I beat the sh*t out of him, before getting the sh*t beaten out of me by 2 of his friends.
I still had a good time, though. Oxford's a great place when there's not a rivalry there. I saw both our fans and Reb fans starting fights. Like the reporter said- over a football game. When will it ever stop?
11-25-2003 08:01 PM
Advertisement

EricBlairReb Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

LSUAvenue Wrote:Even after a loss, you guys still can't respect our team. I knew it'd be like this... a couple days after we come to Oxford and win, you guys are already back to trash talking our Tigers. You can always find something to dog us about. I could care less about all that, though, because the only thing important to me was the game, and we won, so I'm happy. Like Saban told his players: "Don't look back on Ole Miss. That game's old news. We need to focus on Arkansas." Anyway, I know it'll never stop, but I'm not going to contribute to it. Like I said, we won, so I'm happy.
It's a rivalry dude, lighten up.

I said in a post directly after the game that lsu was obviously a great football team and I was proud that our Rebs made the game a challenge. To add to it, I think they're probably the closest match to the sooners.

Do you expect us to bow kiss your tails because you beat us?
NEVER! 05-nono
11-25-2003 08:04 PM
EricBlairReb Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

LSUAvenue Wrote:I don't think he was making that up, Eric.
I was also there, and I'm not making anything up when I say that 4 UM Fans tried to start sh*t with me. So it was not all our fault, which I'm sure EVERYONE thinks. I'm not going to lie, I turned down 3 fights calmly, but the fourth guy was one of the extremely lowclass fans, and I beat the sh*t out of him, before getting the sh*t beaten out of me by 2 of his friends.
I still had a good time, though. Oxford's a great place when there's not a rivalry there. I saw both our fans and Reb fans starting fights. Like the reporter said- over a football game. When will it ever stop?
Look man, I got my head busted open with an empty bottle of JD at tiger stadium in '86. It was my frosh year and all I was wearing was an OM frat pledge T-shirt. I complained to nobody. It's a freekin rivalry and sheeat happens when you come into the other guys' house. Btw, we won and the guy who hit me had a mullet and a missing front tooth. He was obviously not a student.

Nowdays when I go to see the Rebs play at your house, I become the androgynous fan, if you will. You couldn't tell either way where my loyalties lie. I learned to take this approach through experience. It's a helluva lot safer, for sure. I don't mind because I understand...it's SEC football for cryin' out loud!

I am sorry you had rough experience in Oxford and it sounds like you held your own. It's tough all the way around.
11-25-2003 08:17 PM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

LSUAvenue Wrote:Even after a loss, you guys still can't respect our team.
Everybody here respects your team, MORON. We're talking about your IDIOTIC FANS.
11-26-2003 09:50 AM
Quote this message in a reply
KlutzDio I Offline
1st String

I Root For:

LSUAvenue Wrote:Even after a loss, you guys still can't respect our team. I knew it'd be like this... a couple days after we come to Oxford and win, you guys are already back to trash talking our Tigers. You can always find something to dog us about. I could care less about all that, though, because the only thing important to me was the game, and we won, so I'm happy. Like Saban told his players: "Don't look back on Ole Miss. That game's old news. We need to focus on Arkansas." Anyway, I know it'll never stop, but I'm not going to contribute to it. Like I said, we won, so I'm happy.
Look dude, we respected your team before the game was ever played. I remember reading a bunch of posts that reflected how worried we all were about the mighty LSU tigers coming to town. I remember talking on gameday with several members of this site and all said that they thought we'd be very "lucky" if Ole Miss won.
I think there's alot of respect toward your football team shown on this site and among other Rebel fans I've encountered this week.

Look dude, LSU is a great team and that game Saturday was a great team. Ole Miss gave it everything they had and came up short. I don't see how anyone is saying anything less about LSU.

Now about the NC, I think Oklahoma's offense vs. LSU's defense would be a great matchup and would provide for a great game. But as long as USC is knocking on the door, it ain't gonna happen. LSU's AD or coach or whoever the heck does the scheduling is to blame. Western Michigan and La-Mon wins are hurting you guys BCS-wise. So, go ***** at the NCAA, the BCS and anyone else, but Ole Miss fans are not your problem until November of 2004 (or maybe some baseball game).
11-26-2003 11:39 AM
Rebel_Rx Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

Respecting the team and the fans are 2 entirely different and distinct things. If you think otherwise, you are sorely mistaken. I have met decent LSU fans. However, on Saturday, I was witness to many who were quite the opposite. I don't take kindly to the names we were called and things that were said, but I kept my mouth shut (for the most part). Oh, and EBR, I too have my scar at the hand of an LSU fan. 98 season....And, if giving a scar to a girl isn't bs, I don't know what is....
11-26-2003 10:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.