Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kaayla McIntyre: Classic in the Country
Bookmark and Share
FredJay Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
Kaayla McIntyre: Classic in the Country
McIntyre had 21 points and 15 rebounds in a 52-50 double overtime win over Cincinnati Mt. Notre Dame (13-1) this afternoon at the Classic, an annual three-day event that brings together some of Ohio's best girls' high school teams to compete against each other. McIntyre scored the winning basket as time was running out in the OT period.

Link to McIntyre's winning basket

Toledo verbal commit Mariah Copeland had 16 points in the game on 6-10 shooting, including 4-8 from long distance.

Our other Ohio recruit, Halee Printz, is also participating in the event with her Tippecanoe team.

In addition to Notre Dame, other area high school teams playing down in Berlin are Toledo Rogers and Sylvania Northview.
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2015 06:05 PM by FredJay.)
01-18-2015 03:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
RE: Kaayla McIntyre: Classic in the Country
Yikes! She made a 32 pointer at the buzzer? Seriously, I think this next class may be the the classiest class of classes we've had in a few years.
01-18-2015 05:51 PM
FredJay Offline
1st String

(01-18-2015 05:51 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  Yikes! She made a 32 pointer at the buzzer? Seriously, I think this next class may be the the classiest class of classes we've had in a few years.

fixed it.
01-18-2015 06:05 PM
FredJay Offline
1st String

Notre Dame took on North Canton Hoover this after and walked away with a 59-32 win. Kaayka McIntyre had 25 points, 12 rebounds, and four assists in the runaway victory.

Mariah Copeland had 13 points (3-5) from beyond the arc.

Notre Dame finished the Classic with a 2-0 record
01-19-2015 10:29 PM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

Ooooooh, they're gonna be good.
01-19-2015 10:34 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Can't wait to have McIntyre in midnight blue and gold. She seems like a real winner and she has nice size too. She's playing against the best possible competition in the state so that's gotta help in the long run. Love getting the locals to stay home.
01-22-2015 11:00 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

Not the only UT recruit mentioned

Classic in the Country

Also of note to locals: Rogers went to OT with the #1 D2, some think #1 overall, thought the loss dropped them a bit in the rankings.
01-22-2015 04:04 PM
Advertisement

jazzie Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: LRockets
Would like to see Kaayla nominated for Ms Ohio Basketball. Anyone knows process for this talented WBB player?
01-22-2015 05:24 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
If they can solidify a starting PG for next season the Lady Rockets could be a really fun team to watch next season.
01-22-2015 05:49 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-22-2015 05:24 PM)jazzie Wrote:  Would like to see Kaayla nominated for Ms Ohio Basketball. Anyone knows process for this talented WBB player?

AP

She would have a lot of competition even within the city. Not sure how she stacks up statewide.
01-22-2015 05:50 PM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(01-22-2015 05:49 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  If they can solidify a starting PG for next season the Lady Rockets could be a really fun team to watch next season.

B will have the inside track although Woody was well thought of and even the Human Hyphen could get some minutes. Her growth curve has been remarkable.
01-22-2015 06:17 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

(01-22-2015 06:17 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(01-22-2015 05:49 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  If they can solidify a starting PG for next season the Lady Rockets could be a really fun team to watch next season.

B will have the inside track although Woody was well thought of and even the Human Hyphen could get some minutes. Her growth curve has been remarkable.

Woody was projected to be a wing - good 3pt shooter and solid defender. Boyd will get a look to backup Harris at point, with JABH probably filling in when not playing the 2. There's also St. Fort coming in, who I know nothing about.

The interesting thing about next season is that there will likely be competition for PT at every spot. We will have 5 new faces (counting Boyd and Dorr) and only graduate 1 (albeit a very very important 1). With McIntyre and Printz looking like they may be able to compete for time right away, and Dorr coming back who was reported to be a shot blocker (which is something we sorely need) it will be very interesting to see who sees the floor.

Of course, I'm more interested to see how the rest of this season plays out right now.
01-22-2015 07:54 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
(01-22-2015 07:54 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  
(01-22-2015 06:17 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  

Woody was projected to be a wing - good 3pt shooter and solid defender. Boyd will get a look to backup Harris at point, with JABH probably filling in when not playing the 2. There's also St. Fort coming in, who I know nothing about.

The interesting thing about next season is that there will likely be competition for PT at every spot. We will have 5 new faces (counting Boyd and Dorr) and only graduate 1 (albeit a very very important 1). With McIntyre and Printz looking like they may be able to compete for time right away, and Dorr coming back who was reported to be a shot blocker (which is something we sorely need) it will be very interesting to see who sees the floor.

Of course, I'm more interested to see how the rest of this season plays out right now.

Back to my original comment: if someone can step in and be a quality PG (doesn't even have to be a "Naama"--just solid), then they have a lot of other pieces looking to fall into place next season.
01-22-2015 08:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.