Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What a game!
Bookmark and Share
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
What a game!
I don't give a fvck what our resident pessimists (see: adunifon & bcunn) say - that was a fun, yet stressful, game to attend! Two of the top teams in the MAC going toe-to-toe in an OT game.

Gonna be a close MAC-W race. One team at 3-1, three teams at 2-2, two at 1-3.
01-17-2015 09:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

adunifon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
What a game!
(01-17-2015 09:48 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  I don't give a fvck what our resident pessimists (see: adunifon & bcunn) say - that was a fun, yet stressful, game to attend! Two of the top teams in the MAC going toe-to-toe in an OT game.

Keep those blinders on.
01-17-2015 09:48 PM
JCannon21 Offline
Special Teams

RE: What a game!
(01-17-2015 09:48 PM)adunifon Wrote:  
(01-17-2015 09:48 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  I don't give a fvck what our resident pessimists (see: adunifon & bcunn) say - that was a fun, yet stressful, game to attend! Two of the top teams in the MAC going toe-to-toe in an OT game.

Keep those blinders on.

Lol why even watch then? Nobody cares about you
01-17-2015 09:49 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
I will say this: had we not shot ourselves in the foot multiple times tonight I think we would have stolen a win in regulation...I'll be curious to see how we respond against BG.
01-17-2015 09:53 PM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

What a game!
(01-17-2015 09:53 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  I will say this: had we not shot ourselves in the foot multiple times tonight I think we would have stolen a win in regulation...I'll be curious to see how we respond against BG.

Gotta go to Kent first. That won't be a picnic.
01-17-2015 09:55 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
I thought Brown's regulation ender was a three. I started to leave and then saw the score. WMU is a very well coached team. Can't imagine how good they'd be had Paul stayed.
01-17-2015 10:22 PM
Advertisement

bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

(01-17-2015 10:22 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  I thought Brown's regulation ender was a three. I started to leave and then saw the score. WMU is a very well coached team. Can't imagine how good they'd be had Paul stayed.

I was hoping it was. Had to play the OT with an odd assortment on the floor due to Boothe fouling out and Drummond on the bench. Tough to play against Western's starting five. And still, had we not given up 2 backdoors in OT we might have won. Strange game. Hurts to have lost 2 in the MAC at home already, and both are in the West (although we're 2-0 against the East--maybe we should switch divisions)
01-17-2015 10:30 PM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
(01-17-2015 09:53 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  I will say this: had we not shot ourselves in the foot multiple times tonight I think we would have stolen a win in regulation...I'll be curious to see how we respond against BG.

I agree 100%--- It seemed that on at least 3 occasions in the final 4 minutes they make a heroic effort to crawl back into the game, only to immediately shoot themselves in the foot with missed free throws or unforced turnovers.

IMO it was not lack of effort that cost them the game in crunch time, it was lack of execution at several crucial junctures.

If they continue to follow their current pattern (up, down, up, down etc.), they should bring the A game for BG and so I predict a win.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2015 10:49 PM by T-Town.)
01-17-2015 10:46 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

(01-17-2015 10:46 PM)T-Town Wrote:  

I agree 100%--- It seemed that on at least 3 occasions in the final 4 minutes they make a heroic effort to crawl back into the game, only to immediately shoot themselves in the foot with missed free throws or unforced turnovers.

IMO it was not lack of effort that cost them the game in crunch time, it was lack of execution at several crucial junctures.

If they continue to follow their current pattern (up, down, up, down etc.), they should bring the A game for BG and so I predict a win.

I've been told that we play at Kent State before the BG game? If so I hope you're wrong with the trend. I'd much rather lose at Kent and beat BG04-cheers
01-17-2015 11:10 PM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
(01-17-2015 11:10 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  
(01-17-2015 10:46 PM)T-Town Wrote:  

I've been told that we play at Kent State before the BG game? If so I hope you're wrong with the trend. I'd much rather lose at Kent and beat BG04-cheers

You raise an interesting point---I was only considering home games--I may have to rethink this 03-wink
01-17-2015 11:35 PM
letsgoblue Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo
Most disappointing thing I witnessed last night: During the second half 4 minute media timeout, I looked into the south end student section and I saw maybe, and I mean maybe, 12 football players left watching the game.
Now I could write a three paragraph editorial on here, but I'm not. Just really, really disappointing!!!!!!!
01-18-2015 09:58 AM
Advertisement

bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

(01-18-2015 09:58 AM)letsgoblue Wrote:  Most disappointing thing I witnessed last night: During the second half 4 minute media timeout, I looked into the south end student section and I saw maybe, and I mean maybe, 12 football players left watching the game.
Now I could write a three paragraph editorial on here, but I'm not. Just really, really disappointing!!!!!!!

I posted a similar disappointment on the game thread...almost all of them left right after getting a standing ovation from the crowd at halftime.
01-18-2015 10:01 AM
letsgoblue Offline
Special Teams

(01-18-2015 10:01 AM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  
(01-18-2015 09:58 AM)letsgoblue Wrote:  Most disappointing thing I witnessed last night: During the second half 4 minute media timeout, I looked into the south end student section and I saw maybe, and I mean maybe, 12 football players left watching the game.

I posted a similar disappointment on the game thread...almost all of them left right after getting a standing ovation from the crowd at halftime.

Nobody better complain next fall when students leave at halftime.
01-18-2015 10:13 AM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

None of them were in to the game, either. When the basketball team entered - with the fight song playing - before the game, none of the football players cared. No one stood. No one clapped. No one cheered. Even after 1 of JD's dunks, I looked over, and no one from the football even reacted.
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2015 10:18 AM by MidnightBlueGold.)
01-18-2015 10:17 AM
TampaRocket Offline
Heisman

It's a recruiting weekend...20+ recruits in town. They most likely left to get a head start on "entertaining" their guests. Relax
01-18-2015 10:36 AM
letsgoblue Offline
Special Teams

(01-18-2015 10:36 AM)TampaRocket Wrote:  It's a recruiting weekend...20+ recruits in town. They most likely left to get a head start on "entertaining" their guests. Relax

And a great college basketball game can't be a head start on "entertaining" their guests?
I'm just saying, we can't complain next fall when students leave at halftime with some "entertaining" they want to get started on.
01-18-2015 10:55 AM
Advertisement

MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

(01-18-2015 10:55 AM)letsgoblue Wrote:  
(01-18-2015 10:36 AM)TampaRocket Wrote:  It's a recruiting weekend...20+ recruits in town. They most likely left to get a head start on "entertaining" their guests. Relax

And a great college basketball game can't be a head start on "entertaining" their guests?
I'm just saying, we can't complain next fall when students leave at halftime with some "entertaining" they want to get started on.

Yep. It was only about 8pm when the majority left after halftime. The bars don't start getting busy until after 11p-midnight.
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2015 10:58 AM by MidnightBlueGold.)
01-18-2015 10:58 AM
BDV27 Offline
1st String

What a game!
Bottom line another loss in against the top team in the division.... It's become a recurring theme of UT men's sports. Just can't win the big game! Difference between football and basketball is that football continues to recruit and should eventually get over the hump. If the BB team can't do it this year with a senior laden team, I don't see enough young talent in the program to be at all optimistic for the future.
01-18-2015 11:21 AM
falconplucker Offline
1st String

Oh geeze. I happened to have a louge seat last night, and yes the football team left. So what. With the exception of the student section at times and the upper level, the lower bowl is a dead zone. It is a sea of gray and bald heads, who only stand up for the National Anthem and when they have to pee. I'm surprised there aren't nurses stationed in the lower sections, for random pulse checks. Everytime the camera pans the lower non-student section of the bowl, it looks like everyone is in pain and would rather be somewhere else. I understand that these people are higher end season ticket holders, but I don't see how a team can get any energy from that crowd. They don't cheer, they never participate in theme nights, they don't stand up, they rarely clap, hell, they rarely even smile. Yes, they did cheer at the very end, but I guess they should have plent of energy by then, since haven't moved during rest of the game.
01-18-2015 11:23 AM
rocket 51 Offline
1st String

Not sure MBG is right on the MAC race. My fear is that we will not have the toughness to get this up and down thing fixed. This Rocket MBB team needs more than rose colored glasses to be a contender at the end. Lets hope they can get it corrected or this could be a disappointment well beyond what any of us could have ever seen coming. Leadership, team play, O and D discipline, toughness, etc. all have to come to the forefront and we will be OK. Go Rockets.
01-18-2015 11:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.