UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Volunteers Needed for the Restore UAB Football Team
CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
Volunteers Needed for the Restore UAB Football Team
If you haven't already joined we need additional members to join us in our legislative effort in Montgomery. I don't have to tell you how important this aspect of the FreeUAB movement is.

If you are an Alabama resident, we need you. We especially need folks from each and every Alabama state congressional district.

If you are interested, please send me a PM and I will put you in touch with the team leadership.
01-16-2015 12:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

blzrclub80 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
RE: Volunteers Needed for the Restore UAB Football Team
Cajun Blazer is right! All hands on deck! We need people with roots from all over the state. I'm an L.A. (Lower Alabama) guy myself. I've got a lot of high school class mates with ties to T-roy, Bama and Auburn. I believe they will be receptive to our effort to obtain fairness for the BoT. Heck, my nephew decorated his UA(T) dorm room with #FreeUAB signs and believe some others on the floor did too. This isn't about just football. The future of UAB as we know it is at stake.
01-16-2015 12:38 AM
CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

bump
01-16-2015 10:59 AM
biglizard Offline
All American

I Root For:
Don't forget your senators and legislators have local offices that can put you in direct contact. If you want to have a sit down meeting or lunch they can arrange it locally too. Setting one up next week for my senator (who is in N Alabama and is very receptive)
01-16-2015 03:47 PM
CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

Okay folks, the response has not been over whelming. If you truly want to help with the FreeUAB this is what you need to be doing right now.

Aside from the committee studying the Carr report - which is not something we can help with - Jack Williams' legislative agenda in Montgomery is were the action is right now. This is the next and all important task on our agenda. If you have heard Jack speak on this subject recently you know he truly believes we can win this legislative battle - but only if we all pitch in and do our part.

If you are not already on the team helping Jack - we desperately need your help.

PM me if you want to join the team and I will hook you up with the leadership. Dang folks, this is important - if you live in Alabama, please join. Anything you can do will help our cause.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2015 06:13 PM by CajunBlazer.)
01-16-2015 06:12 PM
oldragon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Very important. This is the best chance to change things in our history. Coach Bartow would be proud of us all for standing up. Let's support Jack
01-16-2015 11:57 PM
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Could you list in detail what all is involved in this?

I don't have the luxury of being able to head down to Montgomery, but I can work on discussing this with some of my reps.
01-17-2015 10:17 AM
nicknitro19 Offline
Special Teams

I have been in contact with my Representatives. What else do you need me to do? I will do whatever it takes to free UAB.
01-17-2015 10:36 AM
CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

We are looking especially for folks who live in Alabama. Everyone on the team is going to do whatever they can. We have about 75 folks at last meeting where Justin Craft and Jack Williams spoke and we are looking for about 200. The request right now is for everyone that can make it to be in Montgomery on specific days. We need to have an army of green to impress legislators and chat with them in a casual atmosphere. There may be requests for other days as well.

However, if you can't do the Montgomery thing, you will be asked to do whatever you can such as talk to your local legislators in person locally or on the phone (leadership will provide talking points). Even if that is all you end up doing, we need to coordinate to make sure we are using the same talking points and that we have all of the legislators covered.

If you want to participate, send me a PM with your name, your telephone number, your email address, and the town or county where you live (it's important to know we have all of the legislative districts covered) and I will hook you up with our team's leadership.

Folks, this is probably the most important thing that you can do for the FreeUAB movement. Jack is convinced we will win if we ALL give this our best effort. If we can get this done, it is the one sure way we can our football team back and get the BOT's boot off of UAB's neck once and for all.
01-17-2015 11:25 PM
CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

We have had 6 folks step to the plate to the become new members of the team. I am going to keep bumping this thread until we get far more.

You probably have friends who are big into the FreeUAB movement, but don't post or monitor this board very often. If so, talk to them about joining and, if they're interested, PM me with their names, telephone numbers, email address and where in Alabama they live.

If you have any ideas about how to get this request on the FreeUAB Facebook page and have people respond but still privately get me their personal info (names, telephone numbers, email addresses, and where they live), please share those ideas with me.

The future of UAB truly depends on our efforts. If you really want to free UAB from the stranglehold of the BOT, this is how you do it.
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2015 12:52 PM by CajunBlazer.)
01-18-2015 12:45 PM
Bearded Dragon Offline
Bench Warmer

bump
01-18-2015 06:40 PM
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Can't someone pin this thread?
01-18-2015 06:56 PM
CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

(01-18-2015 06:56 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Can't someone pin this thread?

Please don't place it among the "Important Threads"; I don't think people check those threads as much a the current ones.
01-18-2015 07:56 PM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

Jonathan Hardison ‏@FOX6Hardison 12m12 minutes ago

Spoke to several key lawmakers off record:Prison Reform is likely, BOT changes hot but likely to be lobbyist-squashed, gen fund fix flailing

This is why we need all hands on deck. Direct Communications, Clay Ryan, and other BOT lobbyists are already trying to kill Williams' bills. We need everyone to do their part to make our grass roots lobbying to be effective.
01-19-2015 12:02 PM
nicknitro19 Offline
Special Teams

Best way to beat lobbyists is by mailing your Representatives. They are more likely to listen to actual voters in their districts than they are lobbyists when their emails are full and phones are ringing off the hooks.
01-19-2015 12:24 PM
UABGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:
We have moaned and groaned and lamented for so long about the BOT. This is the battle we have always yearned for. If you're not on it yet join the Save UAB Football Facebook group. We have 11,700 members, but we need to triple it to flex our muscles. There is an event on 3-10-15 to go to Montgomery and talk to our reps. Cajun can tell you how to get signed up for that. I'm taking off work and traveling up from Mobile. It's either fight with all we have right now for a free UAB or watch the school and the athletic programs sink to lows we've never seen. We actually can do this if everyone goes all in.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2015 03:16 AM by UABGrad.)
01-20-2015 02:51 AM
Advertisement

CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

(01-20-2015 02:51 AM)UABGrad Wrote:  We have moaned and groaned and lamented for so long about the BOT. This is the battle we have always yearned for. If you're not on it yet join the Save UAB Football Facebook group. We have 11,700 members, but we need to triple it to flex our muscles. There is an event on 3-10-15 to go to Montgomery and talk to our reps. Cajun can tell you how to get signed up for that. I'm taking off work and traveling up from Mobile. It's either fight with all we have right now for a free UAB or watch the school and the athletic programs sink to lows we've never seen. We actually can do this if everyone goes all in.

Again send me a private message (PM) and I will get you involved in our lobbying efforts.

This is the fight we have been waiting for forever, now join that fight or abandon UAB athletics to the whelms of the BOT. The saying is "if you shoot at the King, you had better hit him". Well, they now know we have taken aim at them in the legislature and we better not miss.
01-20-2015 11:34 AM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

Hopefully they'll at least be somewhat distracted conducting Bama's 4th presidential search in 4 years.
01-20-2015 11:36 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I know a good candidate for Tuscaloosa.
01-20-2015 11:37 AM
DragonClaw Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB Blazers
I'm in, but would like more detail on what exactly the group will be doing.

I will certainly email and write legislators, and am up for at least one trip to Montgomery, but beyond that I'm unsure of what all is expected.

I suspect others are also waiting on a clearer picture of what this group of Jack's will be doing prior to signing up.
01-20-2015 02:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.