Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How much $ is the MAC (and other G5 conferences) getting this year from CFP?
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
How much $ is the MAC (and other G5 conferences) getting this year from CFP?
I believe the quote number I had heard was expect $750K / school.

In today's USA Today I read 75M for the G5 conferences this year.

Does that mean the MAC gets say 15M?

Does the MAC siphon off say 2 or 3M to support bowl games and distribute 12M (1M / school)?????
01-13-2015 11:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: How much $ is the MAC (and other G5 conferences) getting this year from CFP?
(01-13-2015 11:37 AM)emu steve Wrote:  I believe the quote number I had heard was expect $750K / school.

Does the MAC siphon off say 2 or 3M to support bowl games and distribute 12M (1M / school)?????

No one knows how much each league will get because the NCAA has not ranked the G5 conferences yet.

Each G5 league splits 12 million dollars evenly amongst their teams. Each APR qualified team gets an additional 300K for their trouble. The G5 league that cracked the New Years 6 bowl gets a 6 million dollar bonus, and the given team gets a bonus themselves.

The remaining 15 million is split amongst the 5 leagues based on rankings.

Top G5 league (Regardless of who cracks New Years 6 games) gets 5 million
Second gets 4
Third gets 3
Fourth gets two
Fifth gets One.
01-16-2015 01:19 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

RE: How much $ is the MAC (and other G5 conferences) getting this year from CFP?
(01-16-2015 01:19 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(01-13-2015 11:37 AM)emu steve Wrote:  I believe the quote number I had heard was expect $750K / school.

No one knows how much each league will get because the NCAA has not ranked the G5 conferences yet.

Each G5 league splits 12 million dollars evenly amongst their teams. Each APR qualified team gets an additional 300K for their trouble. The G5 league that cracked the New Years 6 bowl gets a 6 million dollar bonus, and the given team gets a bonus themselves.

The remaining 15 million is split amongst the 5 leagues based on rankings.

Top G5 league (Regardless of who cracks New Years 6 games) gets 5 million
Second gets 4
Third gets 3
Fourth gets two
Fifth gets One.

Excellent and that is MUCH, MUCH better than I expected.

Last time I checked 12M / 12 teams = 1M / team.

300K for APR qualified schools, which should be almost all.

Let's assume the conferenced keeps the 2 or 3M additional monies based on conference rankings (to subsidize bowl teams).

Based on your info, I see each school getting 1.3M + the conference gets a couple million to support bowl teams losing money on their game. That is a financial windfall MAC teams compared to past BCS payouts. 03-cloud9
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2015 02:58 AM by emu steve.)
01-16-2015 02:56 AM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
From what I read on the general board it seems to me that NIU losing to Marshall cost the MAC between 1-2mil...so sorry about that.
01-19-2015 04:40 PM
Advertisement

MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall Thundering Herd
Re: How much $ is the MAC (and other G5 conferences) getting this year from CFP?
Here is the final breakdown on this topic with specifics if anyone is interested.

http://www.herdzone.com/sports/m-footbl/...15aaa.html

1. MWC
2. CUSA
3. American Athletic
4. MAC
5. Sunbelt
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2015 01:47 PM by MUHERD76.)
01-28-2015 01:44 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

Excellent. So each G5 conference gets 12M for starters, then either 5, 4, 3, 2 (MAC), or 1M.

Then doesn't each school which is APR certified receive another 300K?

So for the MAC, 1M for each of 12 schools (UMass, okay need to account for you), and then I assume the 2M will be kept by the MAC to cover bowl game shortfalls.

Does the 300K for APR go directly to the schools?

Can each MAC school assume between say 1.2 and 1.25M (would be 1.3M w/out UMass).
01-28-2015 02:51 PM
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall Thundering Herd
Re: RE: How much $ is the MAC (and other G5 conferences) getting this year from CFP?
(01-28-2015 02:51 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Excellent. So each G5 conference gets 12M for starters, then either 5, 4, 3, 2 (MAC), or 1M.

Then doesn't each school which is APR certified receive another 300K?

So for the MAC, 1M for each of 12 schools (UMass, okay need to account for you), and then I assume the 2M will be kept by the MAC to cover bowl game shortfalls.

Does the 300K for APR go directly to the schools?

Can each MAC school assume between say 1.2 and 1.25M (would be 1.3M w/out UMass).

Good question about the APR certified schools. Not really sure about that. Would like to know the answer to that as well.
01-28-2015 03:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.