2015 Go Daddy Bowl Champions!!!
01-13-2015 12:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
RE: How 'bout them...
State of Ohio went------ Toledo, BG, OSU, OSU (4) and UC (1) in bowl games. Good record, and shows what a battle ground the state is for talent.
01-13-2015 02:39 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(01-13-2015 02:39 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  State of Ohio went------ Toledo, BG, OSU, OSU (4) and UC (1) in bowl games. Good record, and shows what a battle ground the state is for talent.

So why is OSU listed twice and what are the little numbers for?
01-13-2015 08:37 AM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(01-13-2015 12:40 AM)RangerRocket Wrote:  TOLEDO ROCKETS

Possibly the best team in the state.
01-13-2015 08:38 AM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
(01-13-2015 12:40 AM)RangerRocket Wrote:  TOLEDO ROCKETS

WELL DONE PAT !!! 04-bow04-bow
01-13-2015 10:29 AM
Advertisement

RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Thought I went over to the dark side didn't you.... 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2015 11:24 AM by RangerRocket.)
01-13-2015 11:00 AM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-13-2015 08:37 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(01-13-2015 02:39 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  State of Ohio went------ Toledo, BG, OSU, OSU (4) and UC (1) in bowl games. Good record, and shows what a battle ground the state is for talent.

OSU - Sugar Bowl, National Championship = 2 games and total wins of (4). Cinci must have lost the only game with an Ohio team in a bowl game = (1).

as for talent in Ohio. I did some "research" to respond to an obnoxious MSU fan. MSU and UM have a total of 51 Ohio native players on their rosters. OSU has only 1 Michigan player. I didn't look up how many Michigan players were on Toledo, BG, Kent, etc. rosters - but I would imagine it is about the same as Ohio players on CMU, EMU and WMU rosters. Our Michigan pipeline has seemed to dry up as the available talent has seemed to drop off a lot in Michigan.
01-13-2015 08:46 PM
Advertisement

Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets
(01-13-2015 08:46 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  

OSU - Sugar Bowl, National Championship = 2 games and total wins of (4). Cinci must have lost the only game with an Ohio team in a bowl game = (1).

as for talent in Ohio. I did some "research" to respond to an obnoxious MSU fan. MSU and UM have a total of 51 Ohio native players on their rosters. OSU has only 1 Michigan player. I didn't look up how many Michigan players were on Toledo, BG, Kent, etc. rosters - but I would imagine it is about the same as Ohio players on CMU, EMU and WMU rosters. Our Michigan pipeline has seemed to dry up as the available talent has seemed to drop off a lot in Michigan.

There are 7 players from Michigan playing for Toledo and all will be back next season.

Kishon Wilcher, WR, Detroit Cass Tech
DeJuan Rogers, DB, Detroit Cass Tech
Trent Voss, LB, East Grand Rapids
Alex Zmolik, TE/WR, Port Huron
Nate Jeppesen, OL, Portage Central
Daniel Davis, DE, Grand Blanc
Rashad Irvin, WR, Southfield Lathrop
01-14-2015 11:37 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
(01-14-2015 11:37 AM)Terry Wrote:  

There are 7 players from Michigan playing for Toledo and all will be back next season.

I'm not seeing a whole lot of weak there. If no one else want Michigan players, I say let's go get them. There's got to be some looking for a warmer place to spend 4 years.
01-14-2015 12:31 PM
Advertisement

Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets
(01-14-2015 12:31 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  

I'm not seeing a whole lot of weak there. If no one else want Michigan players, I say let's go get them. There's got to be some looking for a warmer place to spend 4 years.

The State of Michigan as a whole (after the 1st 50) does not have a lot of top level recruits. Bo while he was at UM relied on the players he got from Ohio for his success.
01-14-2015 12:55 PM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-14-2015 12:55 PM)Terry Wrote:  
(01-13-2015 08:37 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  So why is OSU listed twice and what are the little numbers for?

The State of Michigan as a whole (after the 1st 50) does not have a lot of top level recruits. Bo while he was at UM relied on the players he got from Ohio for his success.

That was the point I was making.
01-14-2015 06:45 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
(01-14-2015 06:45 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  
(01-14-2015 12:55 PM)Terry Wrote:  
(01-13-2015 08:46 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  OSU - Sugar Bowl, National Championship = 2 games and total wins of (4). Cinci must have lost the only game with an Ohio team in a bowl game = (1).

That was the point I was making.

1) Mid-majors do not fill their rosters with "top-level" recruits.
2) Were all of those Michigan players on UT's roster top 50? That's a pretty good group of players.

UM and MSU are filled with coaches who have ties to Ohio and recruiting bases in Ohio so it makes sense they would have many players from Ohio. Is it really off the wall to consider that they may be over-looking talent in their own back-yards?

Plenty of talent in Michigan. Obviously football is more of our culture but their top teams compete with our top teams in Ohio. They have hot-beds like we have hot-beds. We're not having problems filling rosters but based upon what we have from Michigan, I wouldn't second guess a recruit from there anymore than one from here.
01-14-2015 06:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.