UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A faculty friend asked me to pass this along.
GreenDragon Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UAB
A faculty friend asked me to pass this along.
Folks, I need your help. There is a new and strong push by administration friends of Watts to delay the vote on the FS resolutions by 6 months. They claim he has not had time to respond to them. Obviously that's nonsense. That is exactly what he has been doing 24/7 since Dec. 9. He now thinks he will lose the vote this Thursday and he is throwing in the kitchen sink. That's also what Fridays "crack in his armor" was also about. Here's what we know. Even to this day, Watts does not think he has done anything wrong. (Did you hear him Friday about the Carr numbers?). There is no indication he will do the right thing in the future. He and his supporters will do and say anything to keep their power, including intimidating faculty and faculty senators.

So can each of you using social media (Facebook, twitter, Blazertalk, etc.) sound the alarm about what is happening. Encourage everyone to start talking about this. Contact faculty and tell them you want them and their senators to stay strong. Personally, I think these pressure tactic should only serve to reinforce our resolve to pass the FS resolutions.
01-11-2015 07:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: A faculty friend asked me to pass this along.
No delay. No reprieves. He didn't give football more time.

#wattsnoconfidence
01-11-2015 07:24 PM
GreenMississippi Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB / VCU
As if we didn't need more evidence that everything he does from now on is a delay tactic.
01-11-2015 07:25 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
Justice delayed is justice denied. This is not the first use of that truth.
01-11-2015 07:37 PM
blzrclub80 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
The only way the faculty senate should agree to the delay is if he immediately restores the three sports programs pending review by an independent, unbiased committee of the Carr Report, including information not provided to Carr but pertinent to arriving at a well-informed decision on the matter. He should reinstate the programs before the faculty senate meets on the 15th for this to be a possibility.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2015 07:46 PM by blzrclub80.)
01-11-2015 07:45 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I think he had that chance on Friday & didn't do it.
01-11-2015 07:48 PM
Advertisement

GreenMississippi Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB / VCU
(01-11-2015 07:45 PM)blzrclub80 Wrote:  The only way the faculty senate should agree to the delay is if he immediately restores the three sports programs pending review by an independent, unbiased committee of the Carr Report, including information not provided to Carr but pertinent to arriving at a well-informed decision on the matter. He should reinstate the programs before the faculty senate meets on the 15th for this to be a possibility.
It's not about athletics anymore. He knows the only way he keeps the BoT on his side is to stand firm, and if he caved to public pressure the faculty would still have huge doubts about his leadership in other areas and he could still lose the vote.

This is the eve of a civil war. We must remove the traitors at home (Watts, Bolton, Palazzo) and capture Montgomery (Legislative action), or else we SACS Tuscaloosa.
01-11-2015 08:03 PM
Hopeful Offline
Special Teams

Dr. Watts was not going to merely just let go of this position. He's entrenched, and is using everything he can to stall until his hired PR has enough time to plan. We and everyone involved don't have any obligations to allow that. There's no reason to allow him to stave off anything. There is no reason to listen to his empty promises, either.

There's no reason anyone's resolve should be tested by his rhetoric since his actions, not his promises going forward or a renewed commitment to being open when he feels like it, have shown that he's a short-sighted liar. I know it's tough on them, but putting forth and ensuring that vote of no confidence is one of the steps towards making sure the faculty can be in a university free of the kind of intrigue that made your friend come forward.
01-11-2015 08:08 PM
UABslant Offline

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I'll share this via the twitterverse.
01-11-2015 08:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

Kyle Whitmire retweeted me regarding Watts seeking the delay.
01-11-2015 08:30 PM
Bearded Dragon Offline
Bench Warmer

This request is coming from a man that without regret and remorse destroyed peoples lives in something they believed in. All I can think of is Tristan Henderson emotionally pouring his heart out to this prick and him sipping on his water bottle. ''Pompous'' comes to mind. 05-mafia
01-11-2015 09:02 PM
Advertisement

UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Something you do to your finger to make it bleed does too.
01-11-2015 09:09 PM
blzrclub80 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(01-11-2015 08:03 PM)GreenMississippi Wrote:  
(01-11-2015 07:45 PM)blzrclub80 Wrote:  The only way the faculty senate should agree to the delay is if he immediately restores the three sports programs pending review by an independent, unbiased committee of the Carr Report, including information not provided to Carr but pertinent to arriving at a well-informed decision on the matter. He should reinstate the programs before the faculty senate meets on the 15th for this to be a possibility.
It's not about athletics anymore. He knows the only way he keeps the BoT on his side is to stand firm, and if he caved to public pressure the faculty would still have huge doubts about his leadership in other areas and he could still lose the vote.

This is the eve of a civil war. We must remove the traitors at home (Watts, Bolton, Palazzo) and capture Montgomery (Legislative action), or else we SACS Tuscaloosa.
The bigger problem is UAB self-determination but when there is an injury you triage the immediate threat first then look at longer term problems. If we wait for Watts removal, the decision to restore the athletic programs will be delayed further. My goal for UAB is immediately #RestoreUABfootball, then #FireRayWatts, then #FreeUAB from the neglect of best interest of, meddling in the efforts of, and abuse by the UA BOT of all things UAB.
01-11-2015 09:18 PM
kdblazer Offline
All American

Well based on my contacts he wont survive the vote. So I would say no delay. If he had reversed course Friday and reinstated the three teams that would have showed the community that he realized he made a mistake but since he double downed the vote should double down on him.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2015 09:30 PM by kdblazer.)
01-11-2015 09:25 PM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

(01-11-2015 09:25 PM)kdblazer Wrote:  Well based on my contacts he wont survive the vote. So I would say no delay. If he had reversed course Friday and reinstated the three teams that would showed the community that he realized he made a mistake but since he double downed the vote should double down on him.

Amen! Watts still believes he did the right thing, and I don't believe he has opened any possibilities of it returning. Heck, Paul Bryant Jr. might as well be president of UAB at this point. Perhaps he is president.
01-11-2015 09:29 PM
CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

Faculty Senate email address from The Blazermans's post on another thread: If you plan to email them, remember that their in boxes have been full here lately. They are unlikely to read long emails at this point - it would be best to keep the text of your email short and sweet.

cepps@uab.edu
agross@uab.edu
froelich@uab.edu
paustian@uab.edu
phiggin@uab.edu
susankey@uab.edu
worrellj@uab.edu
musa@uab.edu
hutchiso@uab.edu
guswatte@uab.edu
mjjessee@uab.edu
knightdc@uab.edu
mblair@uab.edu
warnerv@uab.edu
briank@uab.edu
slpmusic@uab.edu
danielma@uab.edu
czhang02@uab.edu
hyeyoung@uab.edu
sraut@uab.edu
ebrad@uab.edu
nsouccar@uab.edu
ccfu@uab.edu
dgivan@uab.edu
spezzini@uab.edu
kgurley@uab.edu
jroy@uab.edu
benelson@uab.edu
rscripa@uab.edu
moradi@uab.edu
anry@uab.edu
taherian@uab.edu
bogard@uab.edu
khearld@uab.edu
lhearld@uab.edu
johnhurt@uab.edu
dchaplin@uab.edu
jmwyss@uab.edu
ybchen@uab.edu
vlad@uab.edu
dschneid@uab.edu
esztul@uab.edu
jilld@uab.edu
phiggin@uab.edu
warriner@uab.edu
mcnamara@uab.edu
eunder@uab.edu
jsul3rd@uab.edu
nicholas@uab.edu
klgamble@uab.edu
brunner@uab.edu
cfalkson@uab.edu
ivetter@uab.edu
babecker@uab.edu
cdr18@uab.edu
sfogger@uab.edu
gmillig@uab.edu
sylviae@uab.edu
tthan@uab.edu
cbus@uab.edu
loop@uab.edu
twkraft@uab.edu
xcui@uab.edu
elbrown@uab.edu
gcampos@uab.edu
lmcclure@uab.edu
01-11-2015 09:30 PM
Advertisement

Bearded Dragon Offline
Bench Warmer

If there is any hope of turning this around before CUSA drops the school and keeping a great coach and possibly having a 2016 season. I don't see where there is 6 months to spare. Sounds like the longer this bozo stretches things out the harder it will be to build back.
01-11-2015 09:39 PM
uabbean Offline
1st String

I Root For:
A motion to table or delay is very normal tactic in academic meetings.

It is also normal academic tradition to seek a consensus vote on important matters and to table matters until one develops.

However I smell blood in the water and I hope it is sign Watts is running scared
01-11-2015 10:04 PM
blazed247 Offline
2nd String

FIRE RAY WATTS!

FIRE RAY WATTS!

FIRE RAY WATTS!

Don't trust this fool
01-11-2015 10:24 PM
Blazer91 Offline
Water Engineer

I sent a letter to he faculty senate and have received 3 responses - I have been assured the School of Education is voting No Confidence. I will send another regarding the delay tactic.
01-11-2015 10:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.