Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

State upsets Duke
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU/ASU/NCSU
State upsets Duke
The Pack looked good against Duke this afternoon.
01-11-2015 05:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

I Root For: ACC
RE: State upsets Duke
We only have two bad losses this year - at Purdue and Wofford - Wofford was reffed by Hess, although we still should have won the game, we couldn't toss the ball in the Ocean. West Virginia has a good team, UVa has a great team, and Cincy was a good team, but we were just not mentally prepared for them and they were pumped due to Cronin's health.

We still lack two key components to make it into the top 4 of the conference. We need a third big scorer and we need a notch higher point guard play.

Today's game was fairly officiated, it will be interesting to see if that holds for the rest of the year and over the entire conference.
01-11-2015 08:21 PM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

SkunkworksDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals
IMHO, Lacey needs to be the point long turn, with that Martin kid in the backcourt.

Cat Barber reminds me of Quinten Thomas, the backup PG at Carolina during the Hansbough years -- good backup, but I don't want the ball in his hands in "winning time" because he can be careless. I do want the ball in Lacey's hands in winning time.

Looks like Gott is finally getting the respect from the officials.
01-11-2015 09:05 PM
lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

(01-11-2015 09:05 PM)ecuacc4ever Wrote:  IMHO, Lacey needs to be the point long turn, with that Martin kid in the backcourt.

Cat Barber reminds me of Quinten Thomas, the backup PG at Carolina during the Hansbough years -- good backup, but I don't want the ball in his hands in "winning time" because he can be careless. I do want the ball in Lacey's hands in winning time.

It's been a tough road with us and ACC officials over the last 20 years. Herb got no respect and had he shown his ass a couple of times he could have had two ACC rings, but he was always Mr. Milksop. Poor Sid. Love the player, not so much the coach.

Gott came in under a bad officiating regime. The favoritism toward Duke and UNC was so obvious, but given the level of play of NC State, UVa, and others at the time, the league was buttering its bread so to speak.

Now with Louisville, ND, Syracuse, and Pitt, I see some changes, and perhaps with Hess gone we can go back to a more normal footing like we had before the mid 1990's.
01-11-2015 09:15 PM
Advertisement

lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

A funny story from the Dixie Classic - Lou Bello called something on State that Case did not like (we were playing Michigan State or Cincy) and Case went off on Bello and Bello said loud enough for the crowed to hear "shut up coach, "we" are only behind 5, and the boys have not been able to hit the broad side of a barn". The crowd roared with laughter and NC State came back and won the game.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2015 09:20 PM by lumberpack4.)
01-11-2015 09:20 PM
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU/ASU/NCSU
State upsets Duke
(01-11-2015 09:05 PM)ecuacc4ever Wrote:  IMHO, Lacey needs to be the point long turn, with that Martin kid in the backcourt.

Lewis is better than Barber. I wish Gott had made a commitment to him As the starter until Barber or someone else could take it from him. It seems to me that it is a case of Barber being the better pt guard in theory while Lewis was the better pt guard in reality. I'm guessing Lewis would have stayed if he had that. Instead we have Barber who by rights should be slashing and dishing or finishing to the tune of 15 pts 7 assts a game but instead State seems to be lucky to get half that.
01-11-2015 10:15 PM
lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

(01-11-2015 10:15 PM)dawgitall Wrote:  

Lewis is better than Barber. I wish Gott had made a commitment to him As the starter until Barber or someone else could take it from him. It seems to me that it is a case of Barber being the better pt guard in theory while Lewis was the better pt guard in reality. I'm guessing Lewis would have stayed if he had that. Instead we have Barber who by rights should be slashing and dishing or finishing to the tune of 15 pts 7 assts a game but instead State seems to be lucky to get half that.

Lewis had some physical liabilities that no amount of tenacity could overcome. Barber and Lewis were two halves of a great single guard.
01-12-2015 03:56 PM
HRFlossY Offline
1st String

I Root For: L' ville
Thank goodness we only play you guys once and it's at the YUM!! State is definitely showing they can hang with the best.
FLossY Out...04-wine
01-12-2015 04:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.